Community Member

Default End Game Tempest ranger

Hi everyone!

I created a video, and someone want to see my build... so here i am.

It's an Aasimar Scourge pure ranger, i'm playing it on r10.

a video: (r10 finding dorris solo)

Aasimar cuz the healing, it's more valuable than a little dmg or dex from other races.
    starting stat:
    max dex, max con, 12 int, 10 wis
    (+8 tome everywhere)
    skills:
    move silently, hide, bluff, intimidate, spot, listen, UMD, search, and some point on heal and jump
    I can bluff things and intimidate on r10, mostly used on reapers maybe some boss has higher DC sadly. (with item 90+ bluff, intim is sitting on 70+ it's good somehow)

Rangers spells are useless i want an UPDATE for rangers!!!

feats:
    completionist
    precision
    dodge
    mobility
    spring attack
    improved critical: peircing
    finesse weapon (used improved critical slashing during the leveling)
    Two weapon defense
    Overhelming critical
    epic damage reduction
    epic reflexes
    elusive target
    perfect two weapon fighting
    pierce cold iron

Favored enemy: plants, fey, construct, giant, aberration +( 2 free, undead and evil outsider)

equipment:
    Legendary Soul of the red dragon set:
    Legendary red dragonhide armor
    Perfected Helm of the Red dragon (minor artifact)
    Legacy of Tharne set:
    Legendary Tharne's Goggles
    Lenendary Tharne's Bracers
    Legendary Marshwalker set:
    Legendary boots of Mire
    Legendary Gems many facts:
    impulsive
    acid absorption (it's a common dot type and evasion less useful against acid, like acid well is fortitude)
    insightful fortification
    Lgs Opposition (+9% hp)
    neck: +13 will, +25 insight cold resist, +2 quality will
    belt: unconcsious +128, +64 insight, +2 quility fortitude (these are kinda meh, but hp is hp)
    Rings:
    Legendary Band on insightful command
    Legendary five ring: (slavers ring)
    +13 con, seeker +13, tendon slice, +3 quaility dex
    Cloak: Silver Dragonscale Capelet:
    + 6 insight dex
    Gloves: Silver Molten Gauntlets

Weapons:
    Nightshard:
    with adamantine, and good bypass augment
    Flow, Piercer of Heart
    with good bypass and feareater
    usually use LGS legendary affirmation weapon if need some hp shield

Augments:
    Sapphire of accuracy +20
    Topaz of swiftness 15%
    Globe of true imperial blood
    Sapphire of false life +48
    Diamond of Festive dex +2
    Sapphire of Good luck +3
    Topaz of Melee power +10
    Diamond of insightful Con +5
    Sapphire of resistance +10
    Sapphire of greater Heroism
    Diamond of Cha +8 (12 wanna be)
    Diamond of Wis +8 (12 wanna be)
    Sapphire of healing ampli +50
    Sapphire of natural armor +12
    Truthful Blow set: for +15% armor piercing (2/3 yet).
    still got one free yellow slot.

Weapon filigrees:
    treachery: 3 pieces (dex and threat reduc)
    prowess: 5 pieces (+50 melee power on boost)
    shattered device: 4 pieces (-10prr/mrr debuff)
    sucker punch: 2 pieces

hopefully i didn't skipped anything important!
    Take care!

What are your final stats?
    What's your dodge and hamp?
    Did you only get hit one time?
    Nerf Flow?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    What are your final stats?
    What's your dodge and hamp?
    Did you only get hit one time?
    Nerf Flow?

thats without reaper

dodge sitting on 30%, hamp is kinda bad only 100, if i had more racial point i would increase it.

Wonderful video and post. Thanks for sharing.

A few questions please to help me learn:

Horizon Walker - 12 points spent primarily for the dex trance? (No Step Missed: Battle Trance). There are some Tempest enhancements not taken such as Whirling Blades (+3 to hit and damage while dual wielding) or Storm Dancer/Tempest. Would love to hear the thought process of enhancement selection.

Using Nightshard as your primary weapon (which I do too), and wondering your thoughts as to why and how it has help up over time? (Killing Time is becoming an older raid).

Investing in hide/move silently skills. Why? See taking destiny (Shadowform: Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle), why?

First Blood feat and epic destiny Shadowdanceer ability Bring Darkness (When you roll a natural 20 on a melee or ranged attack, you envelop the target in shadow, applying the Darkness debuff. If you have the feat First Blood, the trigger of First Blood now also applies the Darkness debuff, and First Blood now triggers on Harmful Spellcasts. Darkness: The target is no longer immune to Sneak Attacks. -3 Spell Resistance, -3 Physical Resistance Rating and -3 Magical Resistance Rating per stack. Lasts 12 seconds, stacks drop 1 at a time. Max 3 stacks.) What do you think of this? How does it perform for you?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the shadowdancer epic strike. I like it but been tinkering with more in the FoTW line.

I'd love to hear more please on your epic destiny strategy too.

Is Healing Hands that much more better than using CSW with maximize?

Why the Fatesinger Epic Strike?

Is Elaborate Parry the new meld?

Is Merciful Strike worth anything in high reaper? (On Sneak Attack: If the target is below 50% health, deal 500 damage. This damage scales with 100% Ranged Power )
    Last edited by Ganak; 03-23-2022 at 06:09 PM.
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Nerf Flow?
    Shush!!!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ganak View Post
    Wonderful video and post. Thanks for sharing.

A few questions please to help me learn:

Horizon Walker - 12 points spent primarily for the dex trance? (No Step Missed: Battle Trance). There are some Tempest enhancements not taken such as Whirling Blades (+3 to hit and damage while dual wielding) or Storm Dancer/Tempest. Would love to hear the thought process of enhancement selection.

Using Nightshard as your primary weapon (which I do too), and wondering your thoughts as to why and how it has help up over time? (Killing Time is becoming an older raid).

Investing in hide/move silently skills. Why? See taking destiny (Shadowform: Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle), why?

First Blood feat and epic destiny Shadowdanceer ability Bring Darkness (When you roll a natural 20 on a melee or ranged attack, you envelop the target in shadow, applying the Darkness debuff. If you have the feat First Blood, the trigger of First Blood now also applies the Darkness debuff, and First Blood now triggers on Harmful Spellcasts. Darkness: The target is no longer immune to Sneak Attacks. -3 Spell Resistance, -3 Physical Resistance Rating and -3 Magical Resistance Rating per stack. Lasts 12 seconds, stacks drop 1 at a time. Max 3 stacks.) What do you think of this? How does it perform for you?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the shadowdancer epic strike. I like it but been tinkering with more in the FoTW line.

I'd love to hear more please on your epic destiny strategy too.

Is Healing Hands that much more better than using CSW with maximize?

Why the Fatesinger Epic Strike?

Is Elaborate Parry the new meld?

Is Merciful Strike worth anything in high reaper? (On Sneak Attack: If the target is below 50% health, deal 500 damage. This damage scales with 100% Ranged Power )
    Horizon walker mostly for the trance, but the extra favored enemy is cool, its +14 dmg or something against them, its huge.
    Yeah i'm almost cryed for whirling blades, but its gives less dmg than the trance.
    Storm dancer? i don't know. It's sound kinda trash for 2/4 Ap, the eletric absorb mostly not as valuable, you have evasion. it would be nice against kor kaza, but you can put on spring of cloak it's enough, and fits to the rest of the gear.

Nightshard is cool, now got a labrythine edge, (also Id crisis wpn) with a few more bonus, like fetters and bloodrage.

hide and move silently cuz i must spend 5 point on the tree for the t2 D you can put it anywhere else. Destiny mantle for the move speed, i find sneaking way too slow, you need it in groups, and if you want sneak-intimidate kite dooms you need the move speed.

First blood, work over 90% hp so once per mob, and 3 sec cd. Maybe it has more value against boss, but you can get a ton vorpal with TWF. First blood is almost nothing.

Shadowstrike is op. You have slowing attacks, with daze on crits, with 220% strikethought, the attack range increase make very easy to land the hits, and kite.

The video is kinda tricky, yeah i used healing hands on myself, but mostly it's for the teammates, it's not touch range so it's much better.

Fatesinger epic strike is funny feels like it's hit very fast with very low cd, so i lost shadowstrike only for 4 sec. With TWF it's will proc on off hand too, so the stun chance is about 69,7% for me. I love it in 1v1 setup.

The new meld is improved uncanny dodge, elaborate parry based on dex so i get maybe 39-43% dodge depends on the situtation for 18 sec, with 90 sec cd. it's very good but improved uncanny is much better.

Merciful strike is kinda meh. 500 dmg is not so much at end game and only 100% scaling. Rog has something similar against 30% hp, but 300% scaling (not sure). if i had a few more racial i would get whirling blades.

Thanks Sennnki, really helpful.

What's the thought process behind going Legendary Dreadnought tier 5?

I'm not a fan of FoTW and shadowdancer epic moments, what do you think?

Community Member

Thanks Sennnki, really helpful.

What's the thought process behind going Legendary Dreadnought tier 5?

I'm not a fan of FoTW and shadowdancer epic moments, what do you think?
    Action Hero - i like it, 40 sec kinda long, and a ton bonuses.
    Dusk surge - kinda useless if you are soloing, anyway you will probably not kill 150 mob in solo r10 (not with this build for sure), but in long quests or in raids (on higher diff), its become powerful.
    Legendary Rally - OP! 30 sec cd. clear cc from you, plus free aoe crit (crit mean daze with this build so its cc).
    Overpower - its binds your mainhand type (slashing for me) but only 1 Dp, its mostly 2 Dp on other trees.
    So its cheap and usefull tools.

FoTW - looks cool. Fury work well with high base dmg, from the three style (SWF, THF, TWF), TWF has a lower base dmg so the lower synergy with fury. +100% strikethough not bad, but you can be fine without it.
    Shadowdancer epic moment probably one of the most broken ability in the game it's feels like the old EiN. Sadly it has anti synergy with slow effects like legendary salt.
    Shadowdancer is good but the T5 is questionable. +3dc... why? Set the mobs AC to 0, does it matters? +1 crit 19-20 for 2 DP, why not 1DP? Wierd spell is probably good for a spellcaster, but not sure you want to spend so many point in this tree for wierd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sennnki View Post
    (crit mean daze with this build so its cc).

Is the daze from the Fatesinger Epic Strike?

How do you apply the daze effect in conjunction with Shadowstrike?

Community Member

Is the daze from the Fatesinger Epic Strike?

How do you apply the daze effect in conjunction with Shadowstrike?
    Daze is from Flow (guardbreaker on crit). Fatesinger is stun.

Community Member

Stand up.

Applause.

Stand down.

Thanks for sharing.