Community Member

Default Artificer Trainers & Iron Defender Issue

When I go to the Artificer trainers now, they will only train my Iron Defender in alignment, not any other abilities. This is true for both my 13th level artificer and my 6th level artificer.

Is this a bug, or is there some sort of reworking of Iron Defenders go in on? Is anyone else having this issue?

Since you seem to have missed the changelog:

Almost all existing enhancements for Artificer Iron Defender and Druid Wolf pets are now granted automatically as those pets go up in level. (The ones that are not automatically granted are specifically called out below, all other existing ones are). The level they gain them at is the same as the previous Minimum Level for those Enhancements.

For Iron Defender pets, Alignment enhancements are not automatically granted, as they are mutually exclusive. You can now talk to any Artificer trainer to select your Pet's Alignment, which is now displayed as an effect on your pet. Your selections remain until changed or until you Reincarnate. The Chaotic selection continues to provide the Breaker of Boxes behavior.

For both Iron Defender and Wolf pets, Threat Generation/Reduction enhancements are not automatically granted, as they are mutually exclusive. You can now talk to any Artificer or Druid trainer (depending on your pet) to select -40% Threat from Melee Attacks, +0% Threat from Melee Attacks, or +100% Threat from Melee Attacks. Your selections remain until changed or until you Reincarnate, and stack with all other sources of Increased or Reduced Melee Threat.

Community Member

Thanks! I'll just need to look up what the level advancement order is.

Community Member KrisuvialArcana's Avatar

Unhappy

Man...

Stop taking all my little funs away...this means my other pets are EFFED UP right now, better than parvo though.

Spay and Neuter all ya'll. Thank you and happy hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    To quote the sage - Freakers gonna freak freak freak.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisuvialArcana View Post
    Spay and Neuter all ya'll.
    < looks at his iron defender, breaks out the crescent wrench...>