Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hero

Default U53 Completionist's Guide to Feydark Sorcerer

The complete write up is available in Google Docs because it is too long for the forum software to handle. Gear, enhancements, epic destinies, frequently asked questions, and a breakdown of all important stats are included.

I've mentioned this build in other threads for more than a year. All credit goes to matty on Khyber for all the variations this build has gone through, and keeping it going after the stat squish. I didn't quite appreciate how awesome this build was when he was running it in our static R10 group. After running a full round of R10s at level cap with it myself, it's the most fun I've ever had on a caster. Feydark Illusionist is a highly underrated tree for Sorcerer.

I hope you find it helpful.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    The complete write up is available in Google Docs because it is too long for the forum software to handle. Gear, enhancements, epic destinies, frequently asked questions, and a breakdown of all important stats are included.

I've mentioned this build in other threads for more than a year. All credit goes to matty on Khyber for all the variations this build has gone through, and keeping it going after the stat squish. I didn't quite appreciate how awesome this build was when he was running it in our static R10 group. After running a full round of R10s at level cap with it myself, it's the most fun I've ever had on a caster. Feydark Illusionist is a highly underrated tree for Sorcerer.

I hope you find it helpful.
    Nice, I learned some new things. Didn't know the augmented summoning topaz counted for the purposes of having the feat for FDI illusory augmentation enhancement. That's pretty neat.

One of your ED screenshots or the spell pen breakdown is incorrect. You have 14 points spent in magus, which is impossible to obtain both piercing spellcraft rank 3 and partial eclipse rank 3. I also think you could spare a point from imperceptible casting for lunar insight. 10% less threat OR an extra ~200 sp per 3 minutes.

For completeness, you could also include the magus spell pen feat as a swap in your spell pen breakdown, if you encounter quests/content that needs it. Losing the cooldown reduction kinda sucks, but +3 spell pen in a pinch can be nice.

Also, I'm a bit confused on your meteor swarm and mass invis choices? Surely energy drain (or power word kills with the lunar insight proc), would be better for the level 9 spell? And am I missing a use case for mass invis? Disco seems like a better choice just for those rare times, where its nice to have up as a prep.

Anyways, thanks for posting this

Quote Originally Posted by Archfae View Post
    One of your ED screenshots or the spell pen breakdown is incorrect. You have 14 points spent in magus, which is impossible to obtain both piercing spellcraft rank 3 and partial eclipse rank 3. I also think you could spare a point from imperceptible casting for lunar insight. 10% less threat OR an extra ~200 sp per 3 minutes.

Also, I'm a bit confused on your meteor swarm and mass invis choices? Surely energy drain (or power word kills with the lunar insight proc), would be better for the level 9 spell? And am I missing a use case for mass invis? Disco seems like a better choice just for those rare times, where its nice to have up as a prep.

Anyways, thanks for posting this
    With these spells, I believe this spell list was taken from his current life, where he is using Mass invis while we are pushing skulls on the new Hunt or be Hunted raid. It is useful in some circumstances, but disco is not a useful spell in r10, so we don't tend to take it. Meteor swarm is a nice aoe salt/ice debuff/cc option, and energy drain is not needed with DC's where they are currently. Power word kill is too long cooldown, even with the cooldown reset, to be worthwhile in my opinion.

Regarding the lunar insight, certainly an option if you find that you are running out of spell points. this isnt something i found common so i decided against it.
    Last edited by darkriderz; 03-04-2022 at 04:57 AM.
    Matty Lava Divers

Community Member

I thought I read here somewhere (or elsewhere, whatever) that Reaper ring boost does not stack with Reaper's Focus (the +3 DC "action boost"). I never bothered to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    I thought I read here somewhere (or elsewhere, whatever) that Reaper ring boost does not stack with Reaper's Focus (the +3 DC "action boost"). I never bothered to test it.
    as far as we know, this is unintended and will hopefully be fixed soontm
    Matty Lava Divers

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Archfae View Post
    Nice, I learned some new things. Didn't know the augmented summoning topaz counted for the purposes of having the feat for FDI illusory augmentation enhancement. That's pretty neat.
    Lich fixed that for U53. Prior to that, it wasn't working.

One of your ED screenshots or the spell pen breakdown is incorrect.
    The screenshots are correct; the calcs were wrong. Not enough AP to get the 3 spell pen from Magus.

For completeness, you could also include the magus spell pen feat as a swap in your spell pen breakdown, if you encounter quests/content that needs it. Losing the cooldown reduction kinda sucks, but +3 spell pen in a pinch can be nice.
    I can live without the spell pen. I can't live without the spell cooldown reduction. The only time spell pen is an issue is Tethymar, and I just lean on Greater Color Spray a bit more.

Also, I'm a bit confused on your meteor swarm and mass invis choices?
    Feel free to experiment. I've swapped spells around as needed to suit my needs. As matty pointed out, Mass Invis is for our Hunt or Be Hunted mid-skull push right now. I'd rather not lose 500+ SP swapping to a scroll, which we use at the beginning on everyone but the tanks to make it easier to establish initial archer aggro.

I run R10 exclusively for legendary quests, so Otto's Dancing Sphere isn't an option.

Community Member

The incorporeal and concealment numbers in the guide are backwards. Also the shadowdancer stance adds a stacking 25% to concealment from depths of darkness so it should be 75% with displacement.

Hero

Fixed, thanks!

Community Member

Default Action Boost Spellpower?

Whats the purpose of the 1 point in AB:Spellpower?

You write that you get 15% extra dodge when boosting, i just dont see quite how

If its just filler you could instead grab +1 intim in t1