Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    It stacks with FotW destiny cores.

It probably stacks with LGS tier 2 (Insight) and tier 3 (Quality), but not tier 1 (Enhancement).

Any chance of a video in action of build/gameplay would be interesting to visually see how it can come together in high reaps.

Can someone put out a sample snippet of the dungeon they're in to see some interesting strategies at work.
    Unfortunately Rogue gameplay is under represented in Standing Stones itinerary of what to fix or not keep watering down.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by VinoeWhines View Post
    Unfortunately Rogue gameplay is under represented in Standing Stones itinerary of what to fix or not keep watering down.
    What are you talking about? Rogue 20 is phenomenal and got a significant boost at end-game with Level 32 and U55 gear tetris. The only thing that may need tweaking is Dodge Bypass if that is ever applied to Dread mobs. But that isn't Rogue specific.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Community Member

What are you talking about? Rogue 20 is phenomenal and got a significant boost at end-game with Level 32 and U55 gear tetris. The only thing that may need tweaking is Dodge Bypass if that is ever applied to Dread mobs. But that isn't Rogue specific.
    Cant wait to hear about your new gear set!

Been grinding your gear set out

Community Member

Rogue gameplay: Stealth, sneak attacks, assassinate, noise makers, trapmaking, cheat death....

Rogue
    Rogue Assassin III
    Prerequisites: Rogue level 18, Assassin II, Sneak Attack Accuracy IV, Sneak Attack Training IV
    Cost: 2 Action Points
    Benefit: Your lethality is unmatched in battle. Grants an additional +2 bonus to damage on critical hits (before multipliers), +2 bonus to Bluff, Hide, and Move Silently skills and Fortitude saves against poison. Also, any sneak attack that also counts as a vorpal strike (natural 20 followed by critical confirmation) that you make will kill most living targets.

There's nothing wrong in how anyone wants to play a rogue, nowadays most end gamers play them like a mini barbarian and that's fine if that brings them enjoyment, not being able to take your own Tier V's in Epic Destinies because other Destinies are usually way better doesn't help out the rogue gameplay.
    Before the update where they changed the Epic Destinies, I was soloing R10's, not ripping through them or setting speed records, but meticulously, strategizing how to go about it. No one could complain either that I wasn't contributing because all they had to do was also look at the kill count and they'd shut up, not only that, set off traps, unlock chests, etc.

Standing Stones took away without reason a lot of abilities in Shadow Dancer tree without merit.
    I still run R10's and occasional solos but at a crippled rate from before.

Playing Two Handed Paladin/Barbarian style is not less fun, but it's another style. I also was hybrid range prior to ED pass.
    Being able to twist Shiradi in your Epic Destiny build was very useful and utilitarian along with Tier 1 Sirens Song from Fatesinger that would dance reapers from distance.

All that went down the toilet with the Epic Destiny Pass and the cookies they offer now to make it seem like we are better. Not as a Rogue stealth player we're not.
    Range Rogue = ok, stronger.
    Fighter Rogue = improvement.
    Stealth assassin = F%

Like I said there are some improvements for sure, it just didn't have to come at the expense of taking away abilities to previous playstyle tactics.

Community Member

My apologies, as I don't want this to be a dump on Rogue thread and appreciate your contribution in bringing up the DPS as a Rogue, every bit of information is welcomed and needed for the class.

It would be cool to see some of this progression in game with a video, it seems like the only videos out there are from other classes and not a Rogue one has been made in a long time.

Community Member

Hey Ying,

I was wondering if you could share which slot you recommend with current dread Tetris for your LGS trapping swap?

Im new to rogue so trying to follow your build the best I can.

Also for your sentient set up - do you have your dps set up on your dread daggers then your dc consecration on your gold? Was just curious how you set up your sentient jewels specifically.

I also wanted to ask you if you are going to be using the pre-raid dread daggers in the short term

Final question - just curious why assassin over 41 vistani ? Seems like you’d net more melee power/ damage out of the tree.
    Last edited by polymath; 07-07-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Lamannia Preview 2 U55 Assassin, now with destiny, feat and gear.

The gear changes right now are very straightforward:
    * Swapped out Spectre Boots now that Doublestrike can be slotted as an augment. Using Kundark Delving Boots for now mostly for the 14 DEX. FoM is a nice to have but not necessary.
    * Swapped out Acid Ring now that the acid proc can be crafted on a weapon. Added Band of Insightful Command for +9 accuracy (higher AC mobs in Dread) and 3 quality deadly.
    * Ditched True Imperial Blood augment now that exceptional DEX and CON are weapon craftable. Added 225 Uncon range instead.

U55 delta:
    +4 DEX
    +225 Unconscious range
    +175 HP (includes EDF modifier)
    +9 accuracy
    +3 deadly
    +6 hit (includes flanking and sneak attack)
    +3 dmg (attack and damage don't include the DEX delta)
    +15 Melee Power
    +15 PRR
    +1 SA dice
    +2 action boosts
    +32d6 Light damage/-25% Fort/-10 AC on a Sunder
    +3% fort bypass
    +3% helpless damage
    +3% dodge bypass
    Loses Pain and Suffering set bonus. It's not yet clear if the Attuned weapons have additional weapon dice (5.25 W?).

Gear is likely to change again with Lamannia 3 since new artifact items are being introduced. That's when the real gear tetris work begins.
    I noticed you didn't take Weakening Strikes.

Does Shattered Device not stack with Weakening Strikes from Assassin tree?

Does anyone know if the chain attack proc's Improved Deception when in the off-hand?

Even if you don't use Assassinate I think it's still worth using Measure the Foe for the Melee Power and the Dodge that ignores Max Dex Bonus for Chain purposes.
    Last edited by HuneyMunster; 07-15-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Community Member

Razorclaw shifter past life does not seem to be working. The attack/damage on the weapon does not change when toggling on/off.

Community Member

Hey Carpone,

Any advices for U55 gear tetris ?

Thx again for the great work on your build threads.

Cheers.

Default Question about Augment on Goldcursed

Hi, amazing write up btw, tyvm!

I was wondering why Silver bypass is slotted on the Goldcursed vs slotting Adamantine?

Xandair / Kurath / Cynfull / Khianna
    All on Khyber Server

Quote Originally Posted by olsoned View Post
    Hi, amazing write up btw, tyvm!

I was wondering why Silver bypass is slotted on the Goldcursed vs slotting Adamantine?
    Needing to break Silver DR is way more common than needing to break Adamantine DR for one reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Awesome guide and solid points!
    I know the game moved on from sneaking and assasinating (especially when grouping) but I still find it fun (and I'm a casual player, I tend to run reaper now and then but not on high skulls), and on certain quests where annoying mosnters tend to (re)spawn, it's helpful to get rid of them quickly, and single target damage when everything is popped is still trough the roof (in its own way).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Palumtra View Post
    Awesome guide and solid points!
    I know the game moved on from sneaking and assasinating (especially when grouping) but I still find it fun (and I'm a casual player, I tend to run reaper now and then but not on high skulls), and on certain quests where annoying mosnters tend to (re)spawn, it's helpful to get rid of them quickly, and single target damage when everything is popped is still trough the roof (in its own way).
    That might be the intention of the devs in Reaper but sneaking and assassinating can still be done successfully but it is a major challenge that was set up to fail now.
    It is still viable but at a level of frustration often.
    What I would like to know is why was Shadow Manipulation taken away from Tree and given to Shiradi Tree where they are away and at a safe distance from getting swung at

Exectutioner Strike/Shot, Consume done away with but other Trees get Mass Frog, Cut the Strings, Everything is Nothing, Weird(oh, ya we get it but cannot use it, arty can?)

Community Member

I often run Isle of Dread quests such as Whispers of Return on R10 and solo the first part clearing out the trash and opening the first shrine and then put up the LFM after for others to join(making it easier for others to join quest and not get ambushed unless the heavy hitter want to join first)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123