Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I could just be missing it, but I don't see any slotted Armor Piercing in that gear set. Is your breakdown of fort bypass just simply potential? Is the 20% from item not a must have because of so many other sources plus other best in slots?

Hero

That was left in from an older gear set, and has been removed. 125% armor piercing total without a dedicated armor-piercing item.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    That was left in from an older gear set, and has been removed. 125% armor piercing total without a dedicated armor-piercing item.
    Cool, just wondering. Don't quite have everything, filling in openings.

Hero

Replaced the duplicative CON 12 augment with False Life 48. Thanks to mlgDDOgamer for the feedback.

Found that Bloodrage proc prevents stealth and hence assassinate. So yeah using that thing is a playstyle choice.
    The Legendary Dagger of the Liturgist (https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legend..._the_Liturgist) has the same features this build utilizes as the necklace so instead of the necklace, I swap in the dagger when things get Benny Hill
    Last edited by Saekee; 04-03-2022 at 07:33 AM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Hero

It was covered in previous post, but this build doesn't use Assassinate. It's just too slow/tedious in the current meta, and the Cower, chains, Goldcursed and Salt do an excellent job of crowd control for trash mobs.

Not sure how Dagger of the Liturgist solves anything.

Hero

Tentative U55 Epic Destiny layout changes with 9 more AP available:

Divine Crusader (+1): Core 4
    Shadowdancer (+1): Core 4
    Legendary Dreadnought (+7): Core 3, Shrug Off Punishment 2, Action Boost 3 and Strike Twice 3.

Iconic stance shifts from Aasimar Scourge to Razorclaw Shifter.

Nets: +15 Melee Power, +3 hit, +3 damage, +15 PRR, +40 HP, 1 sneak attack dice, 2 action boosts, 32d6 Light damage/-25% Fort/-10 AC on a Sunder, and whatever Shadowdancer Core 4 effects are finalized.

Community Member

The complete write up is available in Google Docs because it is too long for the forum software to handle. Gear, enhancements, epic destinies, frequently asked questions, and a breakdown of all important stats are included.

I hope you find it helpful.
    Always nice to read about rogue builds. I do play TWF Dagger-fighting Assassin as my main toon now for many years. I agree to many aspects of the build, but also disagree to a lot.

1. In my view an Assassin needs to take Assassinate in T5 of Assassinate tree. Together with Measure the Foe this is what makes the difference. I do disagree that this is a solo style. Especially, if party is tanking and cc-ing mobs, you sneak around and kill them faster than anyone else with Assassinate. Always 2 kills if u move right. While cooldown of Assassinate you use Exec Strike and Killer etc. I cant imagine a melee rogue without that Enhancement.

2. I would spent a few more points in Thief Acrobat to get the Shadow Mastery Dex and Max Armor Dex bonus. You can take Haste boost there instead of Vistani Haste. Don't take Melee Power boost in Assassin tree (as it shares cooldown with Haste). Not sure about Horizon walker, prob a question of taste.

3. Definitely, close to 100% of Shadowdancer Tree. As Assassin I don't need crowd control as I want to kill as fast as possible/instantly. In Reaper party, you have to rely on healers in high reaper anyway.

4. Shadar-Kai is the best race. I fully agree. The chain cleans up whatever Assassinate, Strike and the other attacks have left over. Really a great attack! Shadar also has "permanent" displacement which is extremely helpful. 2nd best is Halfling. I actually try Tabaxi, but is not really that great. Will just take it for past lifes.

5. Weapons: definitely the upgraded Dull Dagger. Much better than the Pain and Suffering Duo, which was already very nice. I use the Keeper (upgraded Dull dagger) in main together with a LGS Dagger with Affirmative effect. For me the best option and lots of survivability with up to around 3.800 hitpoints. This weapon plus the other effects give me pretty much constant damage of 20k per hit on Dummies. Sometimes I try the other mentioned ones as well, but I always come back to Keeper and my LGS dagger.

6. Dex-based toon is agreed the best option for melee rogue.

7. Items: I use the Leg Adherent of the Mists (Profane bonus!) and the Part of the Family (Artifact bonus) sets plus Devilscale Bracers and Legendary Arcsteel Brim (can also use the Umber Brim) and Legendary Ring of Prowess. I have not found a better item set in Saltmarsh or Feywild.

8. My Assassinate DC is about 110 (depends on which potions I take) and is enough to instakill most mobs in high Reaper. Unfortunately, I do not succeed in assassinating the Reapers 8-). In solo, I use Bluff to pull them and kill them separately.

9. My MP is about 225 standing/above 250 sneaking and a above 300 in Reaper and with boost (I use Prowess filigree set).

10. My AC is 171, PRR around 190, MRR 100, Dodge 42%/47% with Epic Strike.

Stanrok

Hero

Lamannia Preview 2 U55 Assassin, now with destiny, feat and gear.

The gear changes right now are very straightforward:
    * Swapped out Spectre Boots now that Doublestrike can be slotted as an augment. Using Kundark Delving Boots for now mostly for the 14 DEX. FoM is a nice to have but not necessary.
    * Swapped out Acid Ring now that the acid proc can be crafted on a weapon. Added Band of Insightful Command for +9 accuracy (higher AC mobs in Dread) and 3 quality deadly.
    * Ditched True Imperial Blood augment now that exceptional DEX and CON are weapon craftable. Added 225 Uncon range instead.

U55 delta:
    +4 DEX
    +225 Unconscious range
    +175 HP (includes EDF modifier)
    +9 accuracy
    +3 deadly
    +6 hit (includes flanking and sneak attack)
    +3 dmg (attack and damage don't include the DEX delta)
    +15 Melee Power
    +15 PRR
    +1 SA dice
    +2 action boosts
    +32d6 Light damage/-25% Fort/-10 AC on a Sunder
    +3% fort bypass
    +3% helpless damage
    +3% dodge bypass
    Loses Pain and Suffering set bonus. It's not yet clear if the Attuned weapons have additional weapon dice (5.25 W?).

Gear is likely to change again with Lamannia 3 since new artifact items are being introduced. That's when the real gear tetris work begins.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbo335 View Post
    Always nice to read about rogue builds. I do play TWF Dagger-fighting Assassin as my main toon now for many years. I agree to many aspects of the build, but also disagree to a lot.

5. Weapons: definitely the upgraded Dull Dagger. Much better than the Pain and Suffering Duo, which was already very nice. I use the Keeper (upgraded Dull dagger) in main together with a LGS Dagger with Affirmative effect. For me the best option and lots of survivability with up to around 3.800 hitpoints. This weapon plus the other effects give me pretty much constant damage of 20k per hit on Dummies. Sometimes I try the other mentioned ones as well, but I always come back to Keeper and my LGS dagger.

Stanrok
    Was wondering what are you putting on your Keeper Dagger and other effects that is giving you 20k per hit on Dummies?

Added 225 Uncon range instead.
    Is this the Undying Sapphire augment? Where does this drop, etc.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by VinoeWhines View Post
    Was wondering what are you putting on your Keeper Dagger and other effects that is giving you 20k per hit on Dummies?

Hi,

my Keeper has 211k Sentience with 10 filigrees. 5 Prowess, 2 Long Shadow, 2 Treachery and one Treachery/Twilight combo fili. I prefer Melee Power and Dex for filis. Besides I have 2 augs equipped: Topaz of Melee Power +10 and Ruby of Shock 8d6.

I attach a short video to demonstrate the effect on dummies. I stand before dummy, click once the left mouse button and move to next. My attacks are 1. Shadowstrike, 2. Cat Scratch, 3. Execute, 4. Shiv. Assassination, unfortunately, is not possible outside of quests 8-)

https://vimeo.com/717483482

My other dagger in this video is Raellia the Frostblade.

My MP is 229 while standing, 259 while sneaking and then I boost to 309 with Haste boost (that is why I have the Prowess filis).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbo335 View Post
    Hi,

my Keeper has 211k Sentience with 10 filigrees. 5 Prowess, 2 Long Shadow, 2 Treachery and one Treachery/Twilight combo fili. I prefer Melee Power and Dex for filis. Besides I have 2 augs equipped: Topaz of Melee Power +10 and Ruby of Shock 8d6.

My other dagger in this video is Raellia the Frostblade.

My MP is 229 while standing, 259 while sneaking and then I boost to 309 with Haste boost (that is why I have the Prowess filis).

Thanks for the breakdown. Now what I wonder as there have been 3 different daggers brought up in the Rogue builds.
    Which and why is the choice of main dagger: Keeper dagger, Goldcurse dagger, and Pain/Suffering dagger for fighting Boss/Red Name/Doom.

Do you guys have any idea what also is your Character's Sheet Two Weapon Attack Speed Bonus found under Melee Combat? And what alacrity raises it?

Hero

Which and why is the choice of main dagger: Keeper dagger, Goldcurse dagger, and Pain/Suffering dagger for fighting Boss/Red Name/Doom.
    There's no contest.

Pain + Suffering for bosses, swapping in Dust in the offhand if no one else is dusting. When Dread releases, it'll be Dust + Vulnerability on Attuned Daggers.

Goldcursed + Salt for trash. Between Consecrate, both chain attacks and your attack speed, you can lock down a pack of mobs in R10 so you don't die.

Community Member

Thanks for the breakdown. Now what I wonder as there have been 3 different daggers brought up in the Rogue builds.

Do you guys have any idea what also is your Character's Sheet Two Weapon Attack Speed Bonus found under Melee Combat? And what alacrity raises it?

I normally keep the Keeper and my LGS-Affirmative daggers from level 29 on. Pain/Suffering or Pain/LGS only on level 28. I never switch daggers (except for fun). Mobs are dead so quickly anyway. And having 1000 extra-hitpoints more or less constantly is quite helpful in reaper.

Two-Weapon Attack speed bonus is 0% in my sheet. I have not found an item or feat that would change it.

BTW, Shadow Mastery is the super-extra-boost for larger groups of dangerous mobs or just for fun if u want to play like Leroy Jenkins and run into enemies on high reaper in solo mode 8-)

Would also like to know, what's the "uncon aug"?

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    Would also like to know, what's the "uncon aug"?
    It's a new sapphire augment that extends your unconscious range by 225, similar to LGS unconscious range effects and Fury of the Wild core abilities.

Lotta changes.
    Interesting writeup.
    Thank you!
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Community Member

It's a new sapphire augment that extends your unconscious range by 225, similar to LGS unconscious range effects and Fury of the Wild core abilities.
    Does it stack with LGS or FotW Unconscious range?

Hero

It stacks with FotW destiny cores.

It probably stacks with LGS tier 2 (Insight) and tier 3 (Quality), but not tier 1 (Enhancement).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast