Default So few groups on G-land

Obviously just a snapshot in time - but based on looking at DDOAudit it is sadly somewhat representative.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

I pop over to G-land sometimes to help Teachersyn with the Monastery and yeah, that is not only a quiet server but also really laggy.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Definitely seems not to be improving on G-land. Just TR'd recently, level 6 now. Trying to always put up lfm and *nobody* has joined to past few days.

Whenever I peak at player audit, we're like 10 lfm behind everywhere else (except wayfinder)

Are there any public chat channels to join?

oddly the server population is decent there—must be really tribal
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

It's really hard to tell much from a snapshot like that.

I play on GLand too and I know that the lfm panel can be pretty disappointing somtimes, but I also know that it often flows with there being surges in lfms that then quickly fill and disappear. That said, half the time when there are 4 lfms, 2 are ghost lfms. Anyway to really make a good assessment, you'd need info on how frequently lfms were posted, the rate at which they were joined, groups filled, groups completel objectives, ghost lfms appearing and duration of stay. That kind of thing.

Also, not sure how it compares with other servers, but there's a fair bit of behind the scenes chatter via tells and discord.

Finally, yeah GLand is a laggy piece of garbage. I don't have the link at hand, but ssg is aware of this and tried a few things to help it out a while back, but they said they aren't going to/can't do anything more about it. I could transfer to another server, but I have a fair number of friends there and if I left, I'd be smarter and better off to just drop the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

I've never seen it this slow on Gland. I haven't run a raid in quite a while. Not much activity. Lag is still terrible though, and yeah it starting to feel like the game is winding down... not sure how much longer it will go at this rate.

:/
    Last edited by Oliphant; 07-19-2022 at 09:02 PM.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Community Member

In all fairness, Ghallanda appears to be a ghost town. It is a known fact is has the greatest lag of any server and the Devs have pointed out they cannot do anything to fix it. I log on at 5pm-9pm eastern time daily and there are maybe 1-2 LFM groups. I log into any other server (except Wayfinder) and there are 7 or more LFM groups.

Such sadness.

G land is up and down i see more posts as summer rolls around usually, lately seeing more raids for new players ect sales did help bring back vets, many are solo return players now grouping up learning raids and reaper.
    Guilds i think are a huge part of why we do not see as many LFM's they just ask there and fill up.
    I also am trying to make more posts and meet friends as only 2 left in my guild, i should move to a busy one...
    Groups are also dependent on whether your at cap and having fun or tr'ing and catching who ever is in your range.
    Also difficulty mode stretches us farther apart. Or Seems to in our heads..i am thinking that after first few reapers...

I did see an idea about Guild Alliances in some regard,
    something like this can double a list peeps in guilds to play with
    but does not help the general LFG board...
    With all the sales alot of payers are just getting thru tons of new content, i still have so many quests not yet played! and i tend to solo them first time.

Also IF you dont see a LFG up make one! I solo alot i should join more as well.
    ( i have started giving away free white plume mountain end chests (solo to end open lfm) this has been a nice way to meet some fun people who then ran me thru again in my first reaper, dang reaper is much better in a group haha)
    reminded me back when we would solo weapons shipment for fun and then open up to let poeple come in to get a bauble, good times. And friends made.

hope to see u in gland - have toons for end game raid tours i need to learn! And well R1 at least!

Default Ghallanda is alive, but not in LFMs

Ghallanda is pretty alive... but I have given up on LFMs. I play casually, like most of my guild. Reaper is not our aim. And the LFMs? All for R1+. Sometimes there is a non-Reaper LFM, but then mostly it's a misclick and the people run Reaper anyway. We do our flower-sniffing slow and relaxed tactical questing in our guild. We do scouting, body pulling, tactical role assignments... and we enjoy it a lot.

As to the lag, yes. Indeed.
    Sometimes it's so laggy not even the mounts want to come out to play.
    Jontas Rosevalley d'Jorasco

Previously from Keeper/EU, now happy on Ghallanda.
    Guild: Amity Keepers

Obviously just a snapshot in time - but based on looking at DDOAudit it is sadly somewhat representative.[/QUOTE]

What Guilds are still active, looking at returning after 10 years, and know that mine was imploding from the inside as I was leaving.
    Ghallanda server
    Muerten 3 fs TR, Biounit 20 Fighter, Biotoxine 10fig 10 monk, Vivio Wizzy 20, Barph 16 bard 2 fighter 2 rouge, Biomatter 20 monk

Quote Originally Posted by Muerta View Post
    Obviously just a snapshot in time - but based on looking at DDOAudit it is sadly somewhat representative.
    What Guilds are still active, looking at returning after 10 years, and know that mine was imploding from the inside as I was leaving.[/QUOTE]

You and me both brother, just came back yesterday after an 11year break and wonder in I made a mistake lol
    To err is human, to forgive is divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
    Jinger~Docholiday~Fritobandito~Bandshee~Grudock~Seigeengine