Exclamation About the new raid...

Hunt or Be Hunted is probably one of my favorite raids. Feywild themed with fun new mechanics and 2 good optionals for that extra chest. I would put it as one of the best raids if there wasn't a glaring issue with it. The damage from the boss is very extreme compared to everything else in the entire game. I'm not saying it's like 30% more damage compared to other bosses. It's closer to 2 or 3 times the damage of other bosses due to his force damage. It looks like the force damage hit in R1 is close to 1,500+ with 35% force absorb and physical damage on top of that. So if you have decent PRR that total damage is closer to 2k. For reference, the next hardest hitting R1 raid boss for basic attacks I believe is the Fomorian in Dryad and the Demigod who swipes for about 1k on my tank with a slow attack speed. The Master of the Hunt also applies a debuff that makes you take 10% damage per stack that last a minute. This wouldn't be as much of a problem but in r1 the first debuff takes you straight to 5 stacks which is 50% more damage. At that point my tank is taking 3,200-3,600 just from the force damage. From what I can tell, there is no counterplay to either avoid the force damage or the debuff with intended mechanics. Swapping tanks can work but since the debuff is a full minute, part of the time you have to be tanking with it unless you have 3 tanks which is very demanding compared to every other R1 raid. My current tank can get over 9k hp and can almost push 10k, but once I got to 7 or 8 stacks it's almost 2 shot territory. People I know who can get 7k hp (which is not easy to do) really struggled with this raid and had many failed runs due to the tank dying. The easiest fix to balance this raid is to just remove the force damage, make the debuff start from 1 and stack quicker like LoB, and also increase his base damage on his other attacks. I don't think this will make the raid too easy because the souls still have to be covered, respawning trash has to be dealt with, and the tank still has to do some fancy footwork while swapping out or the raid will fail.

Like I said at the beginning, I really love this raid. A lot of good choices were made making it and some of the stuff was really creative. I do enjoy the damage being as high as it is because it's exciting for me, but I also know that makes it very difficult for the healers and tanks who don't have all the past lives and reaper points.

Wall of text, DR

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Wall of text, DR
    Sike he makes good points, it does way too much damage for tanks that arent juiced, my friends tank isnt great but he can still tank all other raids on r1 smoothly. But once your in the new raid his tank basically cant survive 2 hits. It would be good to make some sort of change at the way he gives his debuff, or just flat reduce the damage or make the other elements more relevant. Most attacks seem to be force with occasional hits of other elements. I think it should be flipped.