Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Thursday, February 24th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, February 24th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 53: Hunter and Hunted. Find the release notes on DDO.com.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 02-24-2022 at 10:19 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Known Issues:
    The new dungeons and raid in the new adventure pack "Hunter and Hunted" do not have their proper experience set yet. The XP for running these quests will increase in the near future.
    I hope thats just a leftover from the Lam notes. I cannot even begin to imagine not having set the xp right before putting out a pack.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Brains and other spare parts! DeltaBravo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I hope thats just a leftover from the Lam notes. I cannot even begin to imagine not having set the xp right before putting out a pack.

My thoughts aswell.. Even worse is it is set to low, rather then too high :S

Cheers DB .
    Deltabravo I have come here to FROG things up!

Community Manager

No, unfortunately, but we will be getting this fixed as soon as we can. Ultimately, there was too much else in the anniversary release to hold up for it, but we understand that some folks will want to know what the state of XP is for the quests. Our expectation is that the XP will not change much on Heroic difficulty but will be too low in Legendary.
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, unfortunately, but we will be getting this fixed as soon as we can. Ultimately, there was too much else in the anniversary release to hold up for it, but we understand that some folks will want to know what the state of XP is for the quests. Our expectation is that the XP will not change much on Heroic difficulty but will be too low in Legendary.
    0 xp gained is still 0 xp, no matter how much you increase it for legendary.
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member

Default Bugs Re Reaper Shard Crafting

There are other bugs related to the reaper shard crafting system. For example, if you try to upgrade a ring to include +1 Reaper Bonus to DCs, it gives you four options to choose from. All four options have the same vague description, so you don't really know what bonus you will receive if you proceed. Also, if you build two such rings, they don't stack, but they should. Also, there are other items that should be worth 5 reaper shards but only give one. Are you guys aware of these issues? I understand they have been reported. I hope they are included in a patch very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravo View Post
    My thoughts aswell.. Even worse is it is set to low, rather then too high :S

Cheers DB .
    Is this seriously what you took away from that ENTIRE post/release notes - the XP is too low in a quest

how about - Woot! New Content

or

Woot! Free stuff

or Woot! Bring on the anniversary event - with all sorts of new stuff AND tweaks to the challenge....

out of ALL THAT'S IN THE NOTES - this xp thing is what you took out of that....come on guys...
    Founder of Mickory ~ Former Officer of ATD
    Thayill * Glorious * Glorie * Gloried * Glorisai * Gloreia * Hallows * Sargavand
    If you can't say anything nice about someone, come sit by me

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    My understanding is that it is not zero, but is rather the default that is applied prior to the team doing the actual adjustment of the XP to the length of the quest, work out optional XP, and do the rest of the work needed. So, typically on Heroic that number is fairly close to what it ends up being, but on Epic and Legendary it essentially gets almost a multiplier, and that is what will be missing.
    Join us on Twitch!

My understanding is that it is not zero, but is rather the default that is applied prior to the team doing the actual adjustment of the XP to the length of the quest, work out optional XP, and do the rest of the work needed. So, typically on Heroic that number is fairly close to what it ends up being, but on Epic and Legendary it essentially gets almost a multiplier, and that is what will be missing.
    Meant for those of us at level 30, who typically run legendary content, we're getting 0 xp anyways so doesn't really matter what it's set to.
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Meant for those of us at level 30, who typically run legendary content, we're getting 0 xp anyways so doesn't really matter what it's set to.
    True
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Default No more old raid goodies?

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Thursday, February 24th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 53: Hunter and Hunted. Find the release notes on DDO.com.
    I am happy regardless about the anniversary but did the rest of the old cool items disappear from the djinn (like raid drops)? I'm still sitting on my Birthday Cake of Wishes from the 2nd anniversary lol.

Woo Hoo!! New content and Anniversary fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    True
    Except for reaper xp. Being shorted 5 reaper XP will be enough to get some people to show up here screaming.

Community Member Boeregard-Sarlona's Avatar

Default AOE spells and Ranged Attacks

Any idea if AOE spells breaking ranged attacks is fixed in the update? I was under the impression that it was supposed to be included, but I did not see it in the release notes.
    Sarlona - Melkizadek, Reikenn, Cellestte, Boeregard

Brains and other spare parts! DeltaBravo's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Is this seriously what you took away from that ENTIRE post/release notes - the XP is too low in a quest

how about - Woot! New Content

or

Woot! Free stuff

or Woot! Bring on the anniversary event - with all sorts of new stuff AND tweaks to the challenge....

out of ALL THAT'S IN THE NOTES - this xp thing is what you took out of that....come on guys...
    No you are right Iam looking forward to alot of theese things. But it was the thing that really came up to my attenion when i read the relase notes, wich i allready have seen on lama before

Sorry SSG if i was not sounding happy about the the Expasnion pack.. Becourse iam very happy about it But like i said i allready heard the other stuff in the relase notes, but not the XP thing. Wich is why i commented on that.

Cheers DB
    Deltabravo I have come here to FROG things up!

nice ....

will Saltmarsh be put in the coin store now?
    I think that one works.

Community Member

The Examination window now remembers its position.
    Thank you!

The issue isnt the regular xp but the reaper xp. Getting that fat juicy first time reaper xp is part of the fun of getting a new dungeon. I guess we will see if the reaper xp is also missing or not.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Did the fix for Bard buffs dropping on going through dimension doors and some other portals not get in?

It was said to have already been fixed internally.

As if you are going to use those two quests for levelling your epic characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast