Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Post Help in epic destiny PM(wizard)

Hello everyone, I hope you are well.
    I need help on what is the best epic destiny for PM wizard, where is a good instakiller.

The casting-based ones will allow you to boost your DCs for the spells you already possess through the cores & in tier 5, though lower down in the tree the schools the boosts are limited to a single school from a more limited selection. Magus of the eclipse includes necromancy DCs & will boost negative & cold spellpower so it's likely going to be your best bet. Also, time stop is phenomenal & a huge dps boost for bosses & nullmagic aura is a great defensive ability, so your party will thank you for having them There's a number of damage-dealing spells too & the ability to stack arcane pulse 7x means you can get a great boost to help DoT-based DPS too.

I'd have a look into what other capabilities the trees give beyond just instakill DCs though, for those times when instakills are ineffective & you need to go DPS, as well as any defensive & debuffing options that might be available - for example primal avatar could be a good bet on the thorn path as negative & poison spellpower types are shared on most items for damage dealing & if you go tier 5 it has mass frog as a transmutation instakill, which can work on different enemies that FoD, wail etc don't work on, or you could go with the heart path & that won't have quite the edge damage-wise but give you a pair of fire AoE attacks that'll also heal yourself & nearby party members (and positive energy heals PMs now even if at a reduced rate!) which can be a lifesaver.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Magus of the Eclipse then Draconic Incarnation. Taking Frost instead of Shadow in DI gives you options when mobs are neg immune.

Community Member

Shadowdancer then Draconic Incarnation. 1st provide best Illusion AoE IK - Weird and nice option for survival (Meld into Darkness) or damage (Paranoia), 10% bonus to spell CD. 2nd provide all other.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 57538820 View Post
    I need help on what is the best epic destiny for PM wizard, where is a good instakiller.
    I am personally partial to magus T5, primal T4 (underrated) and if have some spare points go low hanging fruit.

The reason I like primal is you get cocoon which works well for emergency self heal and others. Also you get 2 nice spells that compliment well when you can’t use Neg spells. And you get unicorn buff (5% HPs on shrine for party) and stat boost. I am not a fan of draconic at all. Shadowdancer is nice but too much investment to get weird and not a lot else stacks. The SA die are nice but overrated. Meld is kind of nice although not what it used to be.

My opinion only.

Community Member

Primal for cocoon probably works well for an EK or an AM however a PM gets much better healing than that out of Death Aura boosted by negative spellpower, crit chance and amplification.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    Primal for cocoon probably works well for an EK or an AM however a PM gets much better healing than that out of Death Aura boosted by negative spellpower, crit chance and amplification.
    Cocoon is normally for other players in harder content.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Cocoon is normally for other players in harder content.
    You don't need one-target Cocoon currently.

Quote Originally Posted by 57538820 View Post
    If you want to focus on instakills

T5 shadow dancer for Weird +3 necro
    T3 magus for the +3 dc to fear and +3 to illusion
    Possibly T2 Primal getting some healing but the +2 to mental stats.

You will have plenty of options to choose from.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member PrinceOfAsphodel's Avatar

There is more than one answer to this question.

I am currently running primarily in Shadowdancer up to tier 5 DCs and Weird (which is optional) because this gives me access to two 3rd tier DC buffs, evasion from Shadowdancer cores, the cooldown reduction in Shadowdancer, the +2 intelligence in Primal Avatar, and the +3 Fear DCs from Magus. Other set ups struggle to fit all of these things in, especially since I don't have max destiny points.

That set up is pretty good for high reaper quests but really lacking for raids. I've considered grabbing the first blood feat for the darkness debuff but the real gravy for debuffs as wizard is in T5 Magus with Time Stop. The SD-Magus-PA setup also lacks big damage spells that you would get from Draconic or Magus, since I use SD's Epic Strike.

Tilomare ran his PM life in Draconic and Shadowdancer to double up on cooldown reduction, which seems like a really good idea to me, as long as your DCs are already good. Combined with a few Dragonsoul filigrees, your instakills will be coming off cooldowns really quickly. Plus you get shadow dragon breath, which looks sweet.
    Princze/Dazneus of Cannith