Default Current feat state?

Two questions for the assembled multitudes:

1) Can folks confirm that Alchemical Studies don't stack with each other in the same tier? ie: Pyrite Studies doesn't stack with Orchidium Studies for +2 MCL on red spells, you instead get +1 MCL across red yellow and blue? Advanced Pyrite does stack with Basic Pyrite though?

2) Is Master of Spell Vials recommended or disrecommended for an epic leveling / low reaper bombardier build? The logic seemed to be it used to be required but wasn't anymore. I use almost exclusively the Obliteration and Multi-vial SLAs but also Elemental Combination and the various ice CC spells. The wiki is, umm, sparse.

I've been running an Ice Bombardier build and having a lot of fun. It's my first pure caster life in some time. Was super slow until ~9 then took off like a rocket.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kodwraith View Post
    T2) Is Master of Spell Vials recommended or disrecommended for an epic leveling / low reaper bombardier build? The logic seemed to be it used to be required but wasn't anymore. I use almost exclusively the Obliteration and Multi-vial SLAs but also Elemental Combination and the various ice CC spells. The wiki is, umm, sparse.
    The forum wisdom is that Master of Spellvials is not worth taking, but I think it's slightly more nuanced than that and depends on how you play. It makes both the basic spellvial and elemental obliteration spells much better (max level 10 -> 20, plus any other bonuses). That doesn't make them good - those spells still don't "matter" compared to the AOE DPS you're putting out with multivial/elemental combination/epic strike - but it makes them good enough to finish off damaged enemies.

If you play in high power groups, doing high difficulties, you're definitely better off taking something else like improving DCs and shouldn't waste time with upgrading the basic spellvial and obliteration from "bad" to "okay" in epics.

If you're playing mostly solo, and/or you need to care about spellpoint conservation, it keeps those dirt-cheap SLAs relevant and useful for finishing things off.
    Nistafa on Khyber

I did test that last etr and according to the combat log they do not but we all no the log is almost useless so

More extensive testing to know for sure tweaked an alt this life for the new raids seems decent

dumped accelerate this life to fit in toughness then 21 epic toughness, 24 intenstify, 27 wellspring, 30 embolden or bogw
    Last edited by mr420247; 02-15-2022 at 09:41 AM.
    Damonz Cannith