Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Still confused about Reaper XP

I've read every post I can find and referenced the ddowiki, but I'm still not getting the basic math here.

I'm only dealing with Epic level quests here trying to understand the equations involved.

The basic formula 50 + (3 x Base Level of Quest x Number of Skulls) works just fine for predicting the Base XP listed in my XP window. No problems there.

But how does that number get converted into the final Total RXP listed at the bottom of the XP window?

Prior to any kill/breakable/etc. bonuses, prior to any deaths or optional completions, just and only just after the first 10 things in a dungeons are killed and the RXP shows up.......what is the math that leads from point A to Point B?

A VIP Level 26 character enters a Base Level 22 Long Quest on Reaper 1, kills 10 things and has a base RXP of 116 and a total of 443. 10% tome bonus showing

The same character and another VIP Level 28 character enter the same quest. Base RXP of 116 and a total of 444 on each. 15% tome bonus showing on the second character

So.....tome bonuses don't figure in - at least at this level of the math.
    And no level spread penalties (at least in Epics).

One character recalls. Total drops to 443. That would be the VIP 1% grouping bonus. So that's in there, but I'm having trouble making any other combination of bonuses work to get the base up to the total.......

Any insight/information out there folks?

Thanks.

Edit: It was a level 22 Base level quest, fixed.
    Last edited by GrrArgh; 02-06-2022 at 09:05 AM.
    "I gots me a bad feeling about this..."