Default Still confused about Reaper XP

I've read every post I can find and referenced the ddowiki, but I'm still not getting the basic math here.

I'm only dealing with Epic level quests here trying to understand the equations involved.

The basic formula 50 + (3 x Base Level of Quest x Number of Skulls) works just fine for predicting the Base XP listed in my XP window. No problems there.

But how does that number get converted into the final Total RXP listed at the bottom of the XP window?

Prior to any kill/breakable/etc. bonuses, prior to any deaths or optional completions, just and only just after the first 10 things in a dungeons are killed and the RXP shows up.......what is the math that leads from point A to Point B?

A VIP Level 26 character enters a Base Level 22 Long Quest on Reaper 1, kills 10 things and has a base RXP of 116 and a total of 443. 10% tome bonus showing

The same character and another VIP Level 28 character enter the same quest. Base RXP of 116 and a total of 444 on each. 15% tome bonus showing on the second character

So.....tome bonuses don't figure in - at least at this level of the math.
    And no level spread penalties (at least in Epics).

One character recalls. Total drops to 443. That would be the VIP 1% grouping bonus. So that's in there, but I'm having trouble making any other combination of bonuses work to get the base up to the total.......

Any insight/information out there folks?

Thanks.

Edit: It was a level 22 Base level quest, fixed.
    Last edited by GrrArgh; 02-06-2022 at 09:05 AM.
    "I gots me a bad feeling about this..."

Community Member

I posted an XP calculator not long ago here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...RXP-Calculator includes RXP - gets the right answer to within a few points - probably some rounding issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GrrArgh View Post
    I've read every post I can find and referenced the ddowiki, but I'm still not getting the basic math here.

I'm only dealing with Epic level quests here trying to understand the equations involved.

The basic formula 50 + (3 x Base Level of Quest x Number of Skulls) works just fine for predicting the Base XP listed in my XP window. No problems there.

But how does that number get converted into the final Total RXP listed at the bottom of the XP window?

Prior to any kill/breakable/etc. bonuses, prior to any deaths or optional completions, just and only just after the first 10 things in a dungeons are killed and the RXP shows up.......what is the math that leads from point A to Point B?

A VIP Level 26 character enters a Base Level 22 Long Quest on Reaper 1, kills 10 things and has a base RXP of 116 and a total of 443. 10% tome bonus showing

The same character and another VIP Level 28 character enter the same quest. Base RXP of 116 and a total of 444 on each. 15% tome bonus showing on the second character

So.....tome bonuses don't figure in - at least at this level of the math.
    And no level spread penalties (at least in Epics).

One character recalls. Total drops to 443. That would be the VIP 1% grouping bonus. So that's in there, but I'm having trouble making any other combination of bonuses work to get the base up to the total.......

Any insight/information out there folks?

Thanks.

Edit: It was a level 22 Base level quest, fixed.
    The only things I see missing is the "length multiplier" (0.8 for "short", 1.0 for "medium", 1.2 for "long", 1.4 for "very long") and your "Bravery" bonus, if any (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by h46av8r View Post
    I posted an XP calculator not long ago here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...RXP-Calculator includes RXP - gets the right answer to within a few points - probably some rounding issues.
    Thanks, I'm going to check this out. If it gets things down as close as you say, then it'll definitely show me what I'm missing.....and I'm good at making my personal spreadsheet round things out just right. !)

It surprises me how many threads get somehow "hidden" away or buried. Out of all my googling and forum searches, I never came across this thread, so thanks for commenting/sharing on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    The only things I see missing is the "length multiplier" (0.8 for "short", 1.0 for "medium", 1.2 for "long", 1.4 for "very long") and your "Bravery" bonus, if any (95%)
    Yeah, I was working those in, but those are the numbers from ddowiki and the numbers from Sev's Dev post were completely different. And I was trying math with both sets.....with any luck after I peruse the spreadsheet h46av8r just linked all my questions will be answered.

Thanks for chiming in though. It's much appreciated!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by h46av8r View Post
    It does the rounddown before the length modifier

Quote Originally Posted by GrrArgh View Post

I'm still not getting things to add up.

Three characters go into a quest: Reaper 3, Base Level 21 (effective level 23), length: Medium.

Base RXP for all three shows up at 239

We're discounting the third character and only looking at the first two.

Character 1: VIP

Base RXP:239

+95% First time Completion Bonus
    +2% Group Size
    +25% Conquest
    +10% Persistence
    +10% Flawless Victory
    +40% Daily Playthrough

Total RXP: 921

Text message +92 RXP VIP (10%)
    Text message +92 RXP ship buffs + VoM (5% +5%)
    Text Message: Total RXP Granted 1105

1105 - 92 - 92 = 921 (That checks out for the Total RXP not including these things. And these increase total xp take by a percentage and arent based on base XP, so 10% of the listed 921 rounded down is 92. This also checks out.)

Character 2: Not VIP

Base RXP:239

+95% First time Completion Bonus
    +50% Bravery Bonus (which has been stated doesn't count in, but I'm including it here for completeness)
    +0% Group Size (Non-VIP)
    +25% Conquest
    +10% Persistence
    +10% Flawless Victory
    +40% Daily Playthrough

Total RXP: 917

Text message +91 RXP ship buffs + VoM (5% +5%)
    Text Message: Total RXP Granted 1008

1008 - 91 = 917 (That checks out for the Total RXP not including these things. And these increase total xp take by a percentage and arent based on base XP, so 10% of the listed 917 rounded down is 91. This also checks out.)

Comparison Notes: The Non-VIP character has 4 RXP less in his total. I interpret this as being the Group bonus difference.

DDOwiki states the is a length bonus multiplier involved in calculating the Base RXP, but that doesn't show up in the Base RXP for the XP report in quest. Sev also Mentioned this was true in his dev post about RXP.

DDOwiki states the numbers are Short=0.8, Medium=1, Long=1.2, and Very Long = 1.4

Sev's Post states they are Short=0.9, Medium=1, Long=1.1, and Very Long = 1.2

In either case, a medium length quest breaks out with base x1 multiplier so shouldn't have any effect on the math.

So how is 239 getting to 921 (or 917)?

239 x 2% = 4, so that explains the 921 to 917 difference, so let's just work backwards from 917.

First Time Completion 95% = 227
    Conquest 25% = 59
    Persistence 10% = 23
    Flawless Victory 10% = 23
    Daily Playthrough 40% = 95

239 + 227 + 59 + 23 + 23 + 95 = 439

Which is a far cry from 917......

Edit: Nevermind.....found the answer. Buried in Sev's Post. There's a +200% first time completion reaper xp.

+200% of base = 478

439 + 478 = 917.

My math makes sense now. Thank you everyone for your time and assistance.
    Last edited by GrrArgh; 02-08-2022 at 11:03 PM.

Straight back into confusion:

VIP character, Level 21 Quest (Modified level 23) on Reaper 3, Length: Medium

Base RXP: 239

+95% First time Completion Bonus (227)
    +2% Group Size (4)
    +10% Aggression (23)
    +30% Ingenious Debilitation (71)
    +8% Observance (19)
    +15% Ransack (35)
    +10% Persistence (23)
    +10% Flawless Victory (23)
    +40% Daily Playthrough (95)
    +200% First time Reaper Completion (478)

Total RXP: 1010

Text message +101 RXP VIP (10%)
    Text message +101 RXP ship buffs + VoM (5% +5%)
    Text Message: Total RXP Granted 1211

By my reckoning, the total XP should have been 1237....it's 227 RXP off......which is +95% but if I pull the +95% out since arguably a +95% First time completion bonus and a +200% First time completion bonus shouldn't exist.....it makes my previous "eureka moment post" no longer accurate either......by -95% this time.....

:: pulls out hair in frustration ::

Edit:

I've run another quest and the numbers hold with the +200% inclusion but not the +95% inclusion. I must have just somehow bungled the numbers on the first quest somehow when recording my data.

Plus it makes sense that the 95% would be for the normal XP and the 200% would be for the RXP.

These are my final conclusions.
    Last edited by GrrArgh; 02-09-2022 at 01:27 AM.