Thread: Fire Seed bugs?

Community Member Peter_Principle's Avatar

Default Fire Seed bugs?

I notice that Fire Seeds seems to have some problems. I think it has the same Quicken bug Meteor Swarm has, i.e. if you turn the meta on via the spell icon on your hotbar you only chuck out two acorn grenades instead of three. The targeting also seems a bit weird, but I haven't done a lot of testing on this. And does the damage seem low? I get the impression it doesn't kill as reliably as Flame Strike, even though it should usually be doing more damage (8.5/lvl for Flame Strike vs 10.5/lvl for Seeds).

Flame Strike, otoh, is very reliable. I think getting flamestrike is when druid spell DPS really starts to get efficient.
    FYI, when I summon an earth elemental, it's not a "he," it's a "she." And her name is Pebbles.

Community Member

Ok did not know about the quicken thing.

Yes targeting with fire seeds is bugged. very annoying.

Low damage might come from that it hits 3 times and each hit gives 1d6 per caster level damage. This makes the spell really good for casting first time with anger of the noonday sun on fire healing mobs.

If i recall correctly i did not seem to have problems with the damage from fire seeds but i may have overlooked it. I did have problems with the dc as it is a transmutation spell and it still!!! cannot be heightened or emboldened....

But atleast now it can be empowered and maximised.

Casting fire seeds, flame strike and firestorm can be effective at some levels.

Community Member

Actually from this https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ter-and-Hunted

I gather that fire seeds will be taking metamagics and since they allready take empower and maximise i can only hope they will take heighten and embolden.

Now they need to fix the targeting for that spell though.

Community Member Peter_Principle's Avatar

More testing.

Quicken On = 2 seeds, <boom><boom>. Quicken Off = 3 seeds <boom><boom><boom>. Turning on quicken in general (and then turning it off for spells you don't want quickened) ostensibly fixes the problem with Meteor Swarm. Unfortunately, that fix doesn't work for Fire Seeds.

If you're shooting this at a monster at the same elevation with no intervening terrain, the range is not much. If you're shooting uphill the range is nigh on zero. But downhill? The seeds fly a good distance, almost ray range.
    FYI, when I summon an earth elemental, it's not a "he," it's a "she." And her name is Pebbles.

Community Member

I can confirm the bug with fire seeds and quicken.

Quciken in any form makes fire seeds shoot twice instead of three times.

Bug reporting this.

Community Member

Fire Seeds animation is buggy anyway, even quickened it takes awhile for the grenades to leave your hands. Would love the devs to massage it a bit like they've done for other buggy spells.