Community Member

Default Holy god fvs are op

After playing a few other lives I’m back on fvs - it is absolutely ridiculous (I’m sure all casters are similar )

Compared to my ranger life it is like a butter knife through butter instead of a butter knife through steak.

I barely ever have to stop running . Love it.

Yep - the recent buffs sure did help!

They're a lot closer to barbs and pallies now. Still have to worry about targeting issues and on longer quests, spell points are an issue for newer builds - but they're in a good spot for sure!

Community Member

Just wait till you play Sorc from mid heroics until 30, extremely strong are clearing quests like a bull dozer, but kinda falls hard against raid mobs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post
    After playing a few other lives I’m back on fvs - it is absolutely ridiculous (I’m sure all casters are similar )

Compared to my ranger life it is like a butter knife through butter instead of a butter knife through steak.

I barely ever have to stop running . Love it.
    have you tried a two hander paladin or barbarian yet? they may not clear encounters in 2 spell casts, but they clear them fast and are more durable and deal with bosses much better. they may not have the area burst that nukers have, but they do better single target and have better survivability in most situations and don't have to worry about save DCs(aka can walk into legendary elite/reaper quests at 20 and hit things, unlike casters)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    have you tried a two hander paladin or barbarian yet? they may not clear encounters in 2 spell casts, but they clear them fast and are more durable and deal with bosses much better. they may not have the area burst that nukers have, but they do better single target and have better survivability in most situations and don't have to worry about save DCs(aka can walk into legendary elite/reaper quests at 20 and hit things, unlike casters)
    What ? No.

My mains are fvs and barb. The fvs waxes everything. I just ran through nearly a dozen iconic or epic lives .

The barb is much, much slower. They’re both geared up .

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post
    What ? No.

My mains are fvs and barb. The fvs waxes everything. I just ran through nearly a dozen iconic or epic lives .

The barb is much, much slower. They’re both geared up .
    I agree, Favored Soul is largely much faster than Barbarian. At level 8 you pick up Holy Smite, and with Color Spray and maximize, you can 2-shot most mobs. Barbs MIGHT be better from 2-7 for soloing, where Barbs get Blood Tribute and Fvs are largely single-target spells (apart from soundburst), but having the Close Wounds SLA makes you nearly unkillable, and a perfect healer for any party.

In Epics/Legendary, Favored Souls can ignore DC's for a few spells, namely Searling Light spell and SLA. THese allow you to take big chunks out of bosses when your other spells either don't land, or you have low DC's/monster evasion. Also, Barbarians often lack hit-chance over Fighter or Paladin that can make endgame reapers tough out of the gate (i.e. without good gear), and even worse if using Power Attack.

If you are at level 30 Barb, swinging a Two-handed weapon with 41 AP in Frenzied Bezerker, you can hit for tens of thousands with Adrenaline. Problem is, Adrenaline doesn't strikethrough (correct me if I'm wrong).
    On a level 30 Favored Soul, you are throwing out Celestial Bombardment, Implosion Aura, Firestorm, Cometfall, and maybe another spell or two. AND the option to pick up Color Spray makes Fvs a competent Crowd Controller, Healer, DPS, and even off-tank if you have the stats or a few levels of Paladin. Barbarians are DPS and tanks (if you can get the stats), not healers or crowd controllers, two big factors in your clear speed.

Sitting at 1% hp? Barbs wait 15 seconds for a heal from either FotW mantle or a low-investment heal like renew or cocoon. Favored Souls get Cure Masses, Heal, 2x beacons, and Close Wounds.

Got a mob up in your business? Barbarians can use tantrum and Adrenaline, but you are left with stuff in your face. Favored Souls can cast color spray, Implosion Aura, Cometfalls, Firestorm, Flame Strike, etc. to clear the group with extreme haste.

Barbarians are great melee dps, but their clearing speed in quests is not as fast as Fvs.
    Last edited by Agr33n3; 04-26-2022 at 08:31 PM.