Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Monday, January 31st 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Monday, January 31st from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 52.1.1. There are no release notes, but this will fix an issue with the new Snowpeaks Festival challenge and allow it to reopen!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 01-31-2022 at 09:25 AM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

4 hour patch on the last full day of hardcore league? That's pretty classy.

Community Member

Honestly you guys should just give up on new content and events till you figure out how the game works lol. I mean its like having a car spit shined, 40000 dollar gold trim, diamond paint, but every time you drive down the road it leaks the oil all over the ground, and shuts off. I dont want to hear you know how the game works, because you 100 percent do not. Between the lag, rubber banding, bugs, and other issues im sure some one more knowledgeable could list you 100 percent dont. Its like me saying i understand how cars work, but tell you that dont worry about that skip in the rpms every 10 mins nothing i can do about it.
    Last edited by Lonesol; 01-31-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Stormreach Chronicler
    Founder
    Keeper of the CRAYONS

Thumbs down Forget about the events and extend Hardcore Season 5 another month

Thank you for your efforts to add flavor to the game....and yet, when you do so at the cost of something people actually like to do (i.e. Hardcore) *and* provide a buggy and dysfunctional release that further inhibits the final day of Hardcore, I think the devs aren't listening to their player base.

-yav
    Yavool Ramnoth
    *NOR/ LD/RL-DDO; Lord/Realm Leader - *NOR/DDO
    The New OutRiders www.newoutriders.com
    Fernia (Ghallanda) Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post
    4 hour patch on the last full day of hardcore league? That's pretty classy.
    Counterpoint, why should the rest of the game have to wait for a fix to a limited time event, just to cater to Hardcore players who have had months to achieve their goals this season already?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonesol View Post
    Honestly you guys should just give up on new content and events till you figure out how the game works lol. I mean its like having a car spit shined, 40000 dollar gold trim, diamond paint, but every time you drive down the road it leaks the oil all over the ground, and shuts off. I dont want to hear you know how the game works, because you 100 percent do not. Between the lag, rubber banding, bugs, and other issues im sure some one more knowledgeable could list you 100 percent dont. Its like me saying i understand how cars work, but tell you that dont worry about that skip in the rpms every 10 mins nothing i can do about it.
    3 posts and joined this month...dude did you sign up for the game just to complain about it? If you dont like it, you have almost nothing invested in it, so just dont play...there's no need to come screaming into the game immediately spouting such toxicity.

While I didn't Hardcore this season, I must agree that it was a poor decision to patch Snowpeaks on the last day of an event. Kinda like walking into a trap, almost dying, and instead of popping off a heal, walking into another trap. Self-inflicted wounds of this nature should be avoided. Consider your audiences and weigh these decisions more carefully. Do better planning, and make sure your quicken is active so that you don't make these mistakes again.

Community Member

Default Hardcore season5 extension

Due to all the downtime, New Destiny, Lag, and now Snowpeak fixes, not to mention routine maintenance.
    Has resulted in at least 1 week loss in playing time on the Hardcore server
    The player base would appreciate, a goodwill gesture of a,1 week extension to Hardcore 5
    Yours
    A hopeful Average Gametime player
    Last edited by kobaye; 01-31-2022 at 08:49 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Counterpoint, why should the rest of the game have to wait for a fix to a limited time event, just to cater to Hardcore players who have had months to achieve their goals this season already?

3 posts and joined this month...dude did you sign up for the game just to complain about it? If you dont like it, you have almost nothing invested in it, so just dont play...there's no need to come screaming into the game immediately spouting such toxicity.
    Ive been playing since beta and I also think the situation is out of hand, so where does your troll reply stand now?

Community Member

Default Midwinter Festival

Quote Originally Posted by kobaye View Post
    Due to all the downtime, New Destiny, Lag, and now Snowpeak fixes, not to mention routine maintenance.
    Has resulted in at least 1 week loss in playing time on the Hardcore server
    The player base would appreciate, a goodwill gesture of a,1 week extension to Hardcore 5
    Yours '''
    A hopeful Average Gametime player
    ya doing good ty for trying to fix issue.NO body make everyone happy. you don't believe ask my too x wifes

10. 01-31-2022, 09:00 AM

11. 01-31-2022, 09:01 AM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    Ive been playing since beta and I also think the situation is out of hand, so where does your troll reply stand now?
    Are you gonna be toxic about it? LOL

Take a look at his other replies after yours and ask yourself if you really want to be standing up with him to be counted

The game worlds have reopened.

Community Member

Not sure if you're just oblivious or being intentionally obtuse to troll. This shouldn't need to be explained to anyone.

The ramifications of taking something with leader boards, rankings and rewards tied to it down for multiple hours the day before it ends should be patently obvious, even to you.

The leader boards are competitive. Players based plans on the day and time hardcore ends.

Barely 12 hours notice for a 4-hour non-emergency patch is just poor form. It's yet another example of SSG's lack of consideration for their customers.

This patch could have easily waited until Wednesday. They could have extended the cutoff date of the new event by a few days or a week to compensate for failing to get it right the first time while they were at it. They chose not to because?
    Last edited by LT218; 01-31-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Community Member

Not sure if you're just oblivious or being intentionally obtuse to troll.
    Ditto for you.

If you want competition, there are plenty of other games out there to give that to you.

And for the record, Hardcore is terrible for the game.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Obviously someone whos primary account was banned and now has an ax to grind.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Stormreach Chronicler
    Founder
    Keeper of the CRAYONS

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    Ditto for you.

If you want competition, there are plenty of other games out there to give that to you.

If DDO took a page from EVE Online's transparency with regard to statistical information, it would most likely show that Hardcore is the life's blood of the game now with major boosts of income being received by the developers as a result of those who enjoy a unique permadeath experience. Consider it the series of carwashes or that one big auction that the parents do for the kids each year in order to keep their band or club sport endeavors afloat. That is why it still boggles me that this Hardcore season was only two months long and encompassed two major holidays; the new year work grind; randomly hitting land mines also known as Omicron; and for some of DDO's player base, the aforementioned fundraisers for their kids.

-yav
    Yavool Ramnoth
    *NOR/ LD/RL-DDO; Lord/Realm Leader - *NOR/DDO
    The New OutRiders www.newoutriders.com
    Fernia (Ghallanda) Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    Ditto for you.

I don't much care about the leader boards. However, I am aware a decent number of other players do care about them. I'm not arrogant enough to think I should tell them they're not enjoying the game the right way.

It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. If players are having fun competing on the leader boards, good on them.

I personally happen to think that hardcore is bad for the long-term health of the game. My posting history will vouch for this. That's not the point of the conversation though, which is what you seem to have missed.

The specific event is mostly irrelevant to the point. The point is, in any event where a decent number SSG's customers would likely be making plans based on the timing of the end of it, it's really, really inconsiderate to push out a 4 hour (or even 2 hour) non-emergency update the day before it ends, particularly with less than 12 hours notice.
    Last edited by LT218; 01-31-2022 at 11:00 PM.

Community Member

I don't much care about the leader boards. However, I am aware a decent number of other players do care about them. I'm not arrogant enough to think I should tell them they're not enjoying the game the right way.

It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. If players are having fun competing on the leader boards, good on them.

I personally happen to think that hardcore is bad for the long-term health of the game. My posting history will vouch for this. That's not the point of the conversation though, which is what you seem to have missed.
    Read your post backward, I only play the game on hardcore league and its naturally where most vetran players eventually end up.. I agree some changes are necessary, I'd propose once per year reset or no reset because players are going to go elsewhere but hardcore will often lose players closer to the reset time, as well as minor alterations to abilities and spells are in place, game is fairly challenging but there are too many grumpy vetrans and that is not really helping to keep things in pace when they simply wish to relive their nostalgic experience.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    UPDATE: The game worlds have reopened.

The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Monday, January 31st from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT) to release Update 52.1.1. There are no release notes, but this will fix an issue with the new Snowpeaks Festival challenge and allow it to reopen!
    Hardcore league hasnt been restarted yet or is it just me?

Community Member

Will there be maintenance tomorrow, Wednesday (2/2/2222) since we had it on Monday?