Community Member

Default Alchemical Studies worthwhile?

Alchemist Alchemical Studies feats give +1 Caster Level with spells matching either of the two colors. If you're low enough level, then +1 Caster Level is obviously nice. Once you're at the Max Caster Level for the spells, do the Alchemical Studies feats do anything for you? I know that they used to be good with the old spell casting rules, but a lot changed in the last year. Does the Max Caster Level cap on spells make these feats worthless at cap? Or will they still give a real bonus once you're level 30?

TL;DR should I take these when I Lesser Reincarnate?

So alchemical studies is a pre-req for advanced alchemical studies (of the same type), and that gives +1mcl, which makes the +1cl more worthwhile.

/off tangent

The original super alchi feat list was

1:Empower Dborn: Fire

3:Completionist

4:Alchemical Studies Orchidium

6:Maximize

8:Alchemical Studies Pyrite

9:Quicken

12:Accelerate Alchemist: Liquid Luck

15:Heighten

16:Advanced Studies Orchidium

18:Spell Focus: Conjuration

20:Advanced Studies Pyrite

21:Wellspring of Power

24:Master of Spellvials

26: Epic Spellpower Fire

27:Embolden

28: Mass Frog

29: Deific Warding

30:Arcane Insight

But orchidum doesn't stack with pyrite to give 2cl/mcl, they only add to their own, so in my mind it's a bit of a waste of 2 feats. Mass frog also got kicked into primal, so that's out too, and you don't need SF:conjuration to qualify for draconic/magistar anymore.

I think master of spellvials is now a trap. It only affects the lv 1 spellvial spells & sla, or the bomber t5 elemental obliteration sla. I tend to use these for spike cycling, or tagging for elemental bypass (so the do zero damage anyway). YMMV but I don't think it's worth a feat slot.

I still think the other feat choices are pretty solid though.
    Last edited by voxson5; 01-28-2022 at 02:18 AM.