Community Member

Default Wayfinder server

I would love to hear from SSG what are there plans to increase wayfinder server. I hope they will consider either a merger with Orien or do something like extra bonuses to attract players to the server (There was huge spikes during that server issue and it benefitted the server and actually made it fun). It is at a 3rd of the next lowest server in population. Or come up with cross sever questing. I have seen games that once you get to the quest you can que from then on in a lfg channel and get teleported into the quest.

I pay as a VIP and I buy your expansions, I won't pay for a server transfer where things are bound to an account and not a character so you lose some things. If I don't see SSG do something about this I might just go to another game.

Community Member

To be Honest,

I don't feel as this is a SSG priority at this moment. Would I like it to be ??? Yes I would. I'm a Wayfinderian.

For me Personally, I started playing in the game 2020. Choose a server that was low populated then the World when crazy and More people found the game. Wayfinder had a boost of new players/ returning Players. Since they, I have witness at least 10 people (That I had grouped with) transfer their mains off of wayfinder. Saying 10 isn't alot, but when you look at daily average through out the day... 10 people is significant enough if your server doesn't go over 100 people playing at once. Right now I can say it doesn't even get over 80 people on at once. I've made many friends and these people have taught me how to play the game really well.

Here are on Cons on server merging that I found from other players comments,

• IP --------- IN Progress
    • BYOH ---------- Bring your own Heals
    • Zerging ------------ Party Members not listening about doing an easy/hard optional
    • Party Members Deaths----------People not helping other get to a Rezz Shrine or get them rezzed
    • Reaper Progression --------- You don't have enough Reaper Points? Kick out of the group

My list of Pros

• Raid Variety ? Maybe even get some Heroic Raids going
    • Exposer to more Talented Players
    • Quest -- LFM's that Do happen to fill up
    • Finding more people with a similar play time
    • Opportunity to grow your friend net work

This season of HC I really gave it a go and did fairly well and got at least my first reward on a HC season. Then I quit not because I died again, but I wanted to get back to working on my Main on Wayfinder.
    However I do want more grouping Opportunities, for what i'm wanting that I would need to transfer at least one of my 4 characters that i've paid to upgrade or start a fresh one(Rather Transfer one). I wouldn't mind a transfer discount, or at least 1 free transfer of a character to a new server to play part time.

Wouldn't mind SSG setting certain zones/quest to being Cross-Server zones/quest.

I'm VIP as well and buy the expansions... Please put the Ultimate Bundle of Ravenloft back on the Market.

Thanks for Reading,

Mortanis
    Last edited by MorsDeimos; 01-27-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Community Member

I would like to add that this was a discussion back in 2016 and as far my my internet Search can figure out. So this is nothing new... a forgotten subject.

We plan on revisiting the idea of server merges after we've moved to the new datacenter which is slated for in sometime in the new year.

We want to make sure we have lag under control before we concentrate the players. We recently made some fairly large changes to help combat lag, particularly in the Storm Horns and other places where monsters can use persistent AoE effects. We haven't heard any feedback that lag is reduced, but the nature of that beast is that we only hear about it when lag is bad.

There are some obstacles to overcome, like making sure shared storage and guild move over and players have good tools to deal with name collisions for both characters and guilds.

Sev~
    http://https://ddowiki.com/page/Server_merge

SSG does have the opportunity to possible give a low population server like wayfinder a "Free Transfer" off and on status. This way the people that want to stick with the server, can keep doing what they want and the people playing other servers who want to meet people can have a go at it.

Also enforce the 14-Day Rule of Xfering back and forth.

"The Only Constant in Life Is Change"

Thanks again for reading,

Mortanis
    Last edited by MorsDeimos; 01-27-2022 at 05:13 PM.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Make a toon on the servers your interested in playing on, and see if the experience is even what you want it to be. A lot of people play on multiple servers, and it won't cost you many money to give it a go and decide where you want to play longer term after exploring some options.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!