Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Gem of Many Facets Petition

Dear Developers, Dear Players,

I would like to ask to change the price to re-roll or to change the formula of the Gem of Many Facets.
    I've tried to make the Gem of Many Facets a legendary version of the two sets that I need and I realized it may take me a few years to get it. The reason is that there are nearly 200 possible combinations with the sets that can be gotten there, each re-roll costs 100 Threads of Fate and that means to be roughly on par with chances to get the set items that I need is 0.5% meaning I probably need about 20000 (!) Threads of Fate.
    I spent around 4000 threads and only got one of the sets which doesn't do anything for me and 4000 threads down the drain isn't fun and I still have exactly the same odds of 0.5%!!!.
    Raids give from 25-60 threads per raid run...
    Shortest raids take 15 min...
    That means, I would have to get 12 people to run 400 legendary raids to get about 20000 threads of fate and that still would NOT guarantee me the version of the gem that I want, but would just allow me to re-roll 200 times which would be roughly close to odds of getting it.

400 raids , considering there are 3 days timers is just too much....

I kindly ask you to reconsider the re-roll mechanism.

I am not sure what would the Developers be willing to accept. I would suggest either lowering the price of the re-roll of the Gem of Many Facets or even more preferably allowing to get the one that is needed from a list that you would specify. You may then up the price to a higher value , let's say a 1000 threads or 2000 threads which is already a lot for most of the players but at least there would be some reasonable way of getting what you want.
    Or at least make 14 (because I think that's how many different sets are possible) sets on a list to have one of them certain and the other one to have randomly rolled. But please do something to make it possible to reach the items that you would need.

Otherwise, the way it is now is absolutely not possible to achieve through grinding.
    Last but not least, please remember that threads are needed for a variety of upgrading other items so a player cannot just spend so much on one item that wouldn't even be too powerful because it cannot be crafted stronger than the regular crafting values.

Can you guys support this thread? Would the Developers do something about it please?

Kind regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    Dear Developers, Dear Players,

I would like to ask to change the price to re-roll or to change the formula of the Gem of Many Facets.
    I've tried to make the Gem of Many Facets a legendary version of the two sets that I need and I realized it may take me a few years to get it. The reason is that there are nearly 200 possible combinations with the sets that can be gotten there, each re-roll costs 100 Threads of Fate and that means to be roughly on par with chances to get the set items that I need is 0.5% meaning I probably need about 20000 (!) Threads of Fate.
    I spent around 4000 threads and only got one of the sets which doesn't do anything for me and 4000 threads down the drain isn't fun and I still have exactly the same odds of 0.5%!!!.
    Raids give from 25-60 threads per raid run...
    Shortest raids take 15 min...
    That means, I would have to get 12 people to run 400 legendary raids to get about 20000 threads of fate and that still would NOT guarantee me the version of the gem that I want, but would just allow me to re-roll 200 times which would be roughly close to odds of getting it.

400 raids , considering there are 3 days timers is just too much....

I kindly ask you to reconsider the re-roll mechanism.

I am not sure what would the Developers be willing to accept. I would suggest either lowering the price of the re-roll of the Gem of Many Facets or even more preferably allowing to get the one that is needed from a list that you would specify. You may then up the price to a higher value , let's say a 1000 threads or 2000 threads which is already a lot for most of the players but at least there would be some reasonable way of getting what you want.
    Or at least make 14 (because I think that's how many different sets are possible) sets on a list to have one of them certain and the other one to have randomly rolled. But please do something to make it possible to reach the items that you would need.

Otherwise, the way it is now is absolutely not possible to achieve through grinding.
    Last but not least, please remember that threads are needed for a variety of upgrading other items so a player cannot just spend so much on one item that wouldn't even be too powerful because it cannot be crafted stronger than the regular crafting values.

Can you guys support this thread? Would the Developers do something about it please?

Kind regards,
    Adding an option to purchase the first set bonus for 1000 or whatever and having the last one random.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Adding an option to purchase the first set bonus for 1000 or whatever and having the last one random.
    Well, I was rather thinking that a reroll would be one set picked by the player and the other would be random , that way to get the specific two sets on that Gem would require roughly 10-20 re-rolls, or something like that.

What do you guys think?

I still think it is heck expensive overall.

Possible compromise: Allow a new kind of re-roll that just rerolls one aspect only. You could choose to leave either the Von/Fens part or the Sands/Chrono part. ~200 options becomes ~14 or so.

I wish they had not segregated the bonuses into the two camps and allowed any of the four packs to mix and match (separate issue).
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Haven't even read OP.

Yes. Change it. It's insane.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    Haven't even read OP.

Yes. Change it. It's insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    We don't have any current plans to adjust the random elements of the Gem of Many Facets
    So forget it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    So forget it, sorry.
    I signed a petition. Changes are made by insisting, sometimes. Gem needs it badly, but it will likely rot for 10 years like many other items/whole aspects of the game, I guess that makes you proud.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    I signed a petition. Changes are made by insisting, sometimes. Gem needs it badly, but it will likely rot for 10 years like many other items/whole aspects of the game, I guess that makes you proud.
    Draconic reinvigoration Thunderforged is still broken and now so is duske Surge which is the same effect so yea

I agree.
    I would like legendary shaman + legendary elder sets on the legendary gem of many facets, but with the current system it's almost impossible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I agree.
    I would like legendary shaman + legendary elder sets on the legendary gem of many facets, but with the current system it's almost impossible to get.
    Hate to break it to you, but that is a combo that is literally impossible to get. Both are Fen's set types, and gems are (VON or Fen) + (Sands or Chrono).

I'm one that hates RNG only systems, and I've cast quite a few resources to the wind to no avail and know quite a few that have flushed much more. I believe there should be a way to earn your way past gambling systems. Combining star fragments into a nebula fragment. And ways to get specific options on Changestone and on Gem of Many Facets.

As it stands Changestone and Gem of Many Facets are the worst offenders. You can't trade for it, you can't farm with people for it... it is possible for the upgrade and reroll system to infinitely screw you over with no escape. While lowering the cost of rerolls on completely random items helps, it doesn't solve the problem. Locking systems and whatnot are also too much effort. I think the simplest solution is just to have a list available for purchase with runes. Be it just at the end of the list, a tab when you click the runes, or when you talk to the NPC a speech option so the long lists are out of the way. Make it cost triple runes.... have runes + 1k threads. I'm fine with higher costs as long as we have a way to escape the RNG system.
    Pinc Punch - Unarmed Monk (Uber Completionist) // Porc the Orc - Paladin // Thunderborn - Warlock // Imustbe Emo - PewPew Rogue // Aquamine Artifact - Crafting Artificer (shelved)

Community Member

yes please... it was painful enough to reroll a million times the EPIC one, can't imagine spending all those threads.
    Reroll should be free on legendary too, but it won't, so lowering drastically the cost (like 5 threads. Yes. 5.) or making it so you can achieve exactly what you want at a high cost would be really awesome.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...te-Threat-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Please set the minimum to a negative number so some classes can generate love. There is too much hate in the world.

Default Better idea!

How about having the Gem support the first two gear sets a player equips. From then on it would only support those two sets…

Then the effect of re-rolling could be used the “reset” the Gem to be later paired up with gear sets the player deems worthy.

Default Gem Folly

Random on Raid/Legendary in the game is always a bad idea. Like the Changestone. "Meh" at best in theory, and plain silly when it comes to actual gameplay.

Should either effect whatever you wear, or be upgradable in the Legendary Altar with Threads and pick the two you want. Currently it's not worth the Threads.

So many people speaking facts. Probably not enough still, and the problem is that while probably nearly every single player would agree that this degree of randomness is bad, only a few post on the forums and even less in this thread ofc.

I don't even think making a set selection available via threads of fate or something (as opposed to random rerolls) would cost SSG any money.

In fact it would improve customer satisfaction all over the board showing you're willing to follow feedback and do away with practices clearly perceived as "scummy" (whether your customers tell you so here or not, I promise most of them perceive random rerolls as bad).

Just make money with cosmetics and deluxe expansion editions, you lose more revenue by forcing people to buy raid bypass timers and reroll 100+ times for the perfect gem/stone (I doubt more than a couple players even bother tbh). It's just frustrating and such small sources of frustration do add up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    Possible compromise: Allow a new kind of re-roll that just rerolls one aspect only. You could choose to leave either the Von/Fens part or the Sands/Chrono part. ~200 options becomes ~14 or so.

I wish they had not segregated the bonuses into the two camps and allowed any of the four packs to mix and match (separate issue).
    that would be even more possibilities, making it harder to get the combo you want.

I agree that being able to lock one set effect and reroll the other would be a great option. I don't know if # of recipes are still such a drag as they have said in the past, but this would likely take a new recipe for every existing effect.

Default Any chance for Dev feedback?

Even if its just to confirm "No", would be great to at least know that this issue has been seen and considered.

-Smoke

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewolf View Post
    Even if its just to confirm "No", would be great to at least know that this issue has been seen and considered.

-Smoke
    Special for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    We don't have any current plans to adjust the random elements of the Gem of Many Facets
    Satisfied? 8)

Community Member

I've tried to make the Gem of Many Facets a legendary version of the two sets that I need and I realized it may take me a few years to get it.
    Yeah that's the whole point

GoMF is the clear BiS trinket, which of course is why you want it so bad

The only way they can let it exist and still be balanced is to make it so difficult to acquire that other alternate trinkets still have plenty of relevance, so they didn't lock themselves out of a gear slot like they did with RL belts

If they made it easy for anyone to get in a reasonable time, they'd likely have to nerf it by removing the craftable property or something

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Yeah that's the whole point

GoMF is the clear BiS trinket, which of course is why you want it so bad

The only way they can let it exist and still be balanced is to make it so difficult to acquire that other alternate trinkets still have plenty of relevance, so they didn't lock themselves out of a gear slot like they did with RL belts

If they made it easy for anyone to get in a reasonable time, they'd likely have to nerf it by removing the craftable property or something
    Just going out on a limb

I don't think that players would care too much about removing craftable if it meant that they could obtain the sets in less that a random draw

It's either BIS or its not more oftentimes rolls it will be not

Default Agreed

The system does need to be changed. I liked the suggestion of choosing 1 of the 2 bonuses and then the other being random.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast