Community Member

Default need help building a 2-handed DPS Paladin build "2022"

I'm coming back to try out U51 and I need help building a pure human Paladin only 2-handed DPS build for "2022". I had a great build now with the U51 I'm lost. I have +8 tomes and gear thru Sharn and I have a Reflection of Blackrazor to use. I want to do reaper 5+ and I have all the content to hunt in. Any help would be great thanks.
    Last edited by Scarme; 01-12-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Do you have feywild? And what difficulty are you wanting to run on?

For up to EE/low reapers, it's very straightforward, just pump knight of the chalice and make sure you have the str for two-handed feats.

If you want to be beefier/tankier, go charisma as main stat and use feydark illusionist to get cha to hit/damage. Plus, the tree has perma shield, blur, weapon protection vs ooze/rust.

If you want to be more damage, can take a lv of fvs and get the charisma trance (1/2 cha to damage and tactics). Or, just go plain strength and dip into harper/falconry for a lesser trance.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    If you want to be more damage, can take a lv of fvs and get the charisma trance (1/2 cha to damage and tactics). Or, just go plain strength and dip into harper/falconry for a lesser trance.
    Paladin gets trance in Knight of the Chalice, would not recommend multiclassing for this build if the plan is to go through epics and play at endgame. The capstone is too hot.

What kind of content are you hoping to run?
    Kinda assume endgame as you reference Reflection. Hoping to run endgame high reaper? Push raiding?

Don't forget your only option to get haste boost is vistani. Aside from that, being essentially a hybrid type of class, Paladin got hit really hard last update. Especially a THF dps type has very little going on, the only thing a dps paladin is nowadays the best at are saves.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seph1roth5 View Post
    Do you have feywild? And what difficulty are you wanting to run on?

For up to EE/low reapers, it's very straightforward, just pump knight of the chalice and make sure you have the str for two-handed feats.

If you want to be beefier/tankier, go charisma as main stat and use feydark illusionist to get cha to hit/damage. Plus, the tree has perma shield, blur, weapon protection vs ooze/rust.

I have all the content and I want reaper 5 or better if possible.

Check out Strim's 2HF "first life friendly" CHA based paladin a couple threads away. The build works just fine even if you're a veteran player.

Basically 2Hf line, Precision, ImpCrit, then two feats for whatever, for which I recommend Quicken earlier, but YMMV. You take Magical Training until level 20 when you can switch out that feat for something else and take one point in any of the "caster" destinies to qualify for Feywild enhancement tree. The build is quite fun and with EA healing aura, nigh unkillable. You'll need a group for R5+. Put on the Family set and a 4piece winter set and wail away.

I ran a bsword/shield version you can find here, the 2HF version is easier to gear and has more flexibility with AP.

BTW the optimization of a pally around DPS or defense is largely a matter of shuffling points out of SD and into Vistani for haste boost. You'll have the same feats either way. CHA based ups your saves by a healthy amount but locks down 7 AP in feydark, which means anything in VKF comes at the expense of points in SD.
    Last edited by Kodwraith; 01-27-2022 at 01:06 PM.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.