Community Member

Default Jaws of WInter DC Question

So I TR'ed into a wolf build and am currently a level 15 Razorclaw Shifter with 1 level in Barbarian and 14 in Druid. Running in Winter Wolf the DC of my Jaws of Winter is using my Wisdom to determine the DC even though my strength is higher. Also, when I equip the Celestial Ruby Ring which gives a +9 bonus to Stuns the DC of Jaws of Winter does not improve at all (I don't have any other stunning items on). I also notice when I step into a quest on Reaper the Reapers Tactics bonuses are not applying to the DC despite the description saying that Stunning Bonuses apply.

I'm also having the same problem with the Throat Rip enhancement. No stunning bonuses are applying however it is using strength for the DC as opposed to the lower Wisdom score.

Is this a known issue? I wasn't able to find anything on the forums about it after a quick search. Thanks!

I don't have an absolute answer for you but I do know that tooltips in DDO have a history of not displaying accurate DCs.

Example from the U50 patch notes:
    Rogue: Thief Acrobat: Sweeping Strikes now correctly factors in your Trip DC.
    Henshin Mystic's SLAs now correctly factor in Stunning bonuses.

Is there any chance you could test those abilities on an alt account toon to see what save they have to make against you Jaws of Winter?
    I've got toons on most servers if you need a test dummy.

Community Member

Sometimes the tooltip itself is bugged instead of the actual DC.

Can you try using it in PvP? (I haven't checked to see if it's actually usable there)
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Community Member

Thanks for the replies. Some info I should have included in the OP. I ran Relic of a Sovereign Past and Diplomatic Immunity on R1 and could never get the ice to proc using Jaws of Winter. Headed into the Vale to try it on some slayers and after about a half hour I still couldn't get the ice to proc. Combat log doesn't indicate saves are being made or failed when I use the ability/spell. My toon has all the relevant past lives and a +9 stun ring so it seems the ice should be going off for me.

I did step into PVP and you are able to use the attack in there but no one was around for me to test it on.

* Just noticed that the description says for the ice to go off it has to be a sneak attack. That may be my issue since all of my tests were solo and I'm guessing that the wolf companion isn't pulling enough aggro for me to get a sneak attack. Regardless the tooltip DC is incorrect and is using Wisdom rather than the higher strength number but as you folks pointed out, the tooltips aren't always correct. Thanks again for the replies.
    Last edited by Scope333; 01-11-2022 at 12:52 PM.