Community Member

Default Aasimar Scourge Silvanus build

Hi - still fishing for ideas I have a +20 tome to remove Ranger levels. Would 12 FVS/6 Fighter work? Tomes are all +2 except Dex(+5) and Wis(+6). The idea is max Wisdom for FVS spells and to hit/damage. Invest heavily in the War Soul tree (makes BAB=fighter). Kensai+1 crit (would this competence bonus even stack with War Soul +1?). Silvanus gives me +2 crit and a bunch of pluses to hit. Looking to wear medium or heavy armor and meet out high damage.
    I believe this means I'll still need a 15 strength for THF line, correct? Any idea how to best level? Guessing start with Fighter at 1 and 4. Thanks

BTW - I have a Fury of the Flame/Epic Fury of the Flame
    Last edited by Ravenbrew; 01-10-2022 at 02:31 PM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Kensai+1 crit (would this competence bonus even stack with War Soul +1?).
    No. War Soul already gives +1 crit range & multipler; what's the fighter levels for?
    I believe this means I'll still need a 15 strength for THF line, correct?
    STR 15 for THF; STR 17 for ITHF+GTHF.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

3. 01-10-2022, 02:57 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    No. War Soul already gives +1 crit range & multipler; what's the fighter levels for?
    I'm totally open with other classes added to FVS 12 - just seemed Fighter was helpful with THF feats and hoping Kensei strike would stack. Barb would be nice for run speed (pet peeve). Rage is nice bonus I don't recall what works while raged and how hard it is to dismiss and rebuff. Maybe pure FVS is the best Wisdom-based Silvanus for me?

Community Member

Feats should work for a FVS without a Fighter splash.

Something like this:

1 THF
    3 Precision
    6 Quicken
    9 ITHF
    12 IC Blunt
    15 GTHF
    18 Empower Healing

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Barb would be nice for run speed (pet peeve). Rage is nice bonus I don't recall what works while raged and how hard it is to dismiss and rebuff.
    Pre-U51, the main downside to barbarian Rage is that only two classes could cast spells while Raged: Destruction-domain clerics and druids with Rage of the Beast. And IIRC one issue for both of them is that it only applied to their own class spells, not to ED SLAs or other classes if you multiclassed. However now Draconic Incarnation has Draconic Rage ("You may now cast spells while Raging") so any epic caster can get in on the action. And as an Iconic, the vast majority of your life is spent in epics so not getting to use Rage+spells for levels 15-19 isn't such a big deal. FvS 18 / barb 2 would trade Warsoul capstone and a few spells for Rage, Fast Movement, and access to tier-2 barb Enhancements like Blood Tribute and Angry Arms (+20% Strikethrough).
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Pre-U51, the main downside to barbarian Rage is that only two classes could cast spells while Raged: Destruction-domain clerics and druids with Rage of the Beast. And IIRC one issue for both of them is that it only applied to their own class spells, not to ED SLAs or other classes if you multiclassed. However now Draconic Incarnation has Draconic Rage ("You may now cast spells while Raging") so any epic caster can get in on the action. And as an Iconic, the vast majority of your life is spent in epics so not getting to use Rage+spells for levels 15-19 isn't such a big deal. FvS 18 / barb 2 would trade Warsoul capstone and a few spells for Rage, Fast Movement, and access to tier-2 barb Enhancements like Blood Tribute and Angry Arms (+20% Strikethrough).
    Thanks. I ended up doing this so currently 13FVS/2Barb - seems decent but I won't have a chance to test effectiveness till this weekend. Bariovian Maul till I hit 16

Community Member

Thanks. I ended up doing this so currently 13FVS/2Barb - seems decent but I won't have a chance to test effectiveness till this weekend. Bariovian Maul till I hit 16
    A bit more button pushing than I'd like but it works. I do my longer term buffs and "Try" to remember the shorter ones like Sanctuary, Divine Will and one other. Divine Will and Santuary are unlimited usage. Is there any logical reason why they can't just be permanent like the stances? I know it's not because the War Soul will become too powerful I'd put this build in 40th percentile - very independent but not good for more than 1-2 skulls. Smite Foe is a single attack one can additional effects higher up the War Soul chain - seems to regenerate slower than the Paladin one. I need another strike and thinking of swapping out Quicken with Stunning Blow.
    I typically throw a Blade barrier, Sound burst or Orders Wrath then go to town with strikes. I wish I knew more about Favored Soul spells - guess time will teach me. Most "Guides" tell you the effectiveness at the level you receive them. At 13th level, I'm sure a lot of the lower ones are useless. For example Nimbus of light seemed to do nothing.
    I thought the character would run faster with 2-Barb and 30% striding. Fortunately Barb has the 50% run burst. That way I can keep up with the zerger (AKA my son). I hit level 16 (14fvs/2Barb). With all available crit boosts I'm seeing 17-20x4 with Fury of the Flame maul.
    Last edited by Ravenbrew; 01-17-2022 at 07:18 AM.