Default DDO Isn't Accepting PayPal

It seems the DDO stoe isn't taking PayPal.

It gets stuck on the "Security Check" wheel of death and never moves.

I went into my PayPal and sent myself money so I know it's working.

Anyone else seeing this issue? I was hoping to do a quick VIP and stream some Hardcore lags deaths but it seems that's not happening.

And no, I'm not gonna use a credit card.

Cheers,
    BG aka Suly

It's been having trouble taking Paypal payments for a while now.

I'd prefer to use Paypal in the DDO Store as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

same as OP here

it's a long standing issue on both ddo and lotro

(i started commenting the issue yet again here but i lost the chill badly, i deleted all, i'll just link something sorta relevant about it and then post)

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...date-10-7-2021
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

I have had this problem for ages. I did my last support account (for now), on 23rd Dec '21, and tried to pay $$$ for some DDO points onto it, so I could get the 3 expansions for 99 ddop each each, but got met with the white screen showing "security check".

The last time I had the issue, I had tried Wombuzz's solution, which worked. But some point between 15th Nov '21 (Wombuzz's post date) and 23rd Dec '21, the ability to switch between clients to force the addition of Paypal was "fixed".

With this appearing when I tried.

Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

was able to use amazonpay.
    had trouble with both a regular card and paypal as well.

OK.

Good to know it wasn't just me.

I tried streaming some Hard-core this morning without VIP and it's agony.

I'll see if there's another work around, but a non functional payment option seems to be less than ideal when people are literally trying to give you money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    I have had this problem for ages. I did my last support account (for now), on 23rd Dec '21, and tried to pay $$$ for some DDO points onto it, so I could get the 3 expansions for 99 ddop each each, but got met with the white screen showing "security check".

The last time I had the issue, I had tried Wombuzz's solution, which worked. But some point between 15th Nov '21 (Wombuzz's post date) and 23rd Dec '21, the ability to switch between clients to force the addition of Paypal was "fixed".

With this appearing when I tried.

Here's some more info on the legacy client not working, which gives that error message now:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...nection-failed

Apparently SSG is going to put out a patch to enable the legacy client workaround again, since the legacy client is the only way some people can play or spend money in DDO.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Oddly enough, I had trouble using my normal bank cards for black friday deals, and paypal was the only way I could get the stuff I wanted. I do remember a hiccup, try opening up paypal in your browser and logging in there, then opening up the DDO store in another tab.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Paypal..
    The Facebook of credit cards

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    Here's some more info on the legacy client not working, which gives that error message now:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...nection-failed

Apparently SSG is going to put out a patch to enable the legacy client workaround again, since the legacy client is the only way some people can play or spend money in DDO.
    Thanks I hadn't seen that.

Probably will come out the same time we can do gifting again in the DDO Store.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien
    Guild Leader, Old Curiosity Shop
    "The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by Zavina View Post
    Thanks I hadn't seen that.

Probably will come out the same time we can do gifting again in the DDO Store.
    A week has passed and still nothing. I was in the mood to get a year sub right now, but looks like I've to delay that until next time would have been fun for the last weeks of hardcore.
    Global channel for raids: /joinchannel wayfinderraids

I was able to purchase points just now. The paypal validation process seems to be working again. The game opens an additional window for the paypal transaction. Thank you for that whoever fixed this problem.
    It might be a good idea to make an announcement for this, SSG. I know plenty of players who couldn't give you money because this transaction was screwed up.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    I was able to purchase points just now. The paypal validation process seems to be working again. The game opens an additional window for the paypal transaction. Thank you for that whoever fixed this problem.
    It might be a good idea to make an announcement for this, SSG. I know plenty of players who couldn't give you money because this transaction was screwed up.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Still not working for me.

Getting the same error I've been getting for a while now:

2002: It looks like the Payment System is currently unavailable. Please try again with a different payment method or contact our customer support for further assistance at help.xsolla.com.
    I can use Paypal on other sites with no issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Ah shame. Maybe I was just lucky cause I didn't change anything on my end.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Still not working for me.

Getting the same error I've been getting for a while now:

I can use Paypal on other sites with no issue.

Having this exact error code... Can't buy anything with Paypal on the DDO Store.. On top of that, if I want to add a credit card, it asks for a 5 digit zip code and I live in Canada where we have 6 digits letter-numbers.

Oh and my name has a special character, so wont take my name (the way it's written on the credit card).

So, I then tried with Amazon pay, same ZIP code BS.

Tried opening a ticket in the help section only to have to enter a 4 code CC number when i have none (paypal) and when I want to add a PIC of the error (JPG), the game opens a folder but never accepts anything. Have to CTRL-ALT-DEL, close DDO and restart only to be stuck at cleaning old connection.

Why is it so difficult to spend money in DDO?
    Last edited by Damian; 09-04-2022 at 04:24 PM.