2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Default Resolution and DX issues

I switched my monitor yesterday, and now every time I log in DDO reverts to 800x600 resolution.

I'm using Dx11 and can't swap my resolution higher than 1280x720. My desktop display resolution is set to 1824x1026. If I switch to Dx9, I get the normal resolution options up to 1920x1080 - including my custom 1824x1026. However, as soon as I swap resolutions, the game crashes with the DirectX 3D error.

I've tried changing the resolution directly in the .ini, as well as changing to Display Adapter=1, but DDO just reverts to 800x600.

I'm getting tired of these DDO-specific issues.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

DX9 installed ?
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    DX9 installed ?
    Yes. I ran the offline installer.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Wrong refresh rate and invalid sync? Just a guess for using a new monitor.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)