Community Member

Default Steam version o the game is completely broken. Wont even start the client.

Game will not start via Steam.
    Direct launch of DNDLauncher.exe works from destination folder, but not via Steam (Turbineinvoker.exe does not execute at all).

Not being able to launch the game via Steam prevents us from using Steam Wallet for in-game purchases. Given it is Christmas time (and a lot of Steam gift cards flying around) is a really really bad time to have Steam version of the game completely broken.
    Last edited by londonmarc30; 12-25-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Default same

Having the same problem. I have tried a few different things, including running proton from the command line and trying to run TurbineInvoker.exe. It crashes with a backtrace, so should be easy for a developer to reproduce. It seems to be a Steam/TurbineInvoker issue as the same problem occurs with Proton/Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Dorandor View Post
    Having the same problem. I have tried a few different things, including running proton from the command line and trying to run TurbineInvoker.exe. It crashes with a backtrace, so should be easy for a developer to reproduce. It seems to be a Steam/TurbineInvoker issue as the same problem occurs with Proton/Linux
    Just a fyi with a ymmv...I read your comment about Proton/Linux and booted over to my linux install. DDO loaded without issue using Proton. I am using Proton v6.3-8. It is true I get a lot of strange messages when theres are updates but eventually the launcher launches and I am in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavier View Post
    Just a fyi with a ymmv...I read your comment about Proton/Linux and booted over to my linux install. DDO loaded without issue using Proton. I am using Proton v6.3-8. It is true I get a lot of strange messages when theres are updates but eventually the launcher launches and I am in the game.
    bizarre. It must be a bad file or something in the download when it is trying to run TurbineInvoker.exe. For fun, I spun up a new wine environment and tried to launch it both with the native wine and with Proton, and neither one would run the invoker. Both happily run the DNDClient.exe though.

Community Member

Default Same here

Quote Originally Posted by londonmarc30 View Post
    Game will not start via Steam.
    Direct launch of DNDLauncher.exe works from destination folder, but not via Steam (Turbineinvoker.exe does not execute at all).

Not being able to launch the game via Steam prevents us from using Steam Wallet for in-game purchases. Given it is Christmas time (and a lot of Steam gift cards flying around) is a really really bad time to have Steam version of the game completely broken.
    So after 17install/uninstall attempts I gave up and went to the DDO site. Downloaded the patcher form there and after 9 install/uninstall attempts ( kept getting stuck 52 times in a row with Client_data_1.dat loop of download and delete) it finally got to about 80% before it decided to fail on a different file. Im on my 8th attempt right now. Daybreak Games a.k.a. Theybreakgames

Community Member

Anyone know if there is an Emulator like EQ project 1999 for D&D online. Been searching but no success so far. Those always seem to have their **** together.

Community Member

Default TOTAL PoS%$#

So i have downloaded this gd patcher 5 times. I have patched the game and installed 5 times. After 50+ times where files keep dowloading over and over again i have concluded that this game is a peice of ****. I have wiped every file off my pc and started over again and again. Support has the audacity to say its my connection. I just downloaded halo 1,2,3, and 4 in only 2 hours. 3 out of 4 downloads i get to attempt to log into server: I get error 201 (i am the ****ing admin on this pc and all the files are given read/write) explain this cluster **** of an issue.......

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoruss View Post
    So i have downloaded this gd patcher 5 times. I have patched the game and installed 5 times. After 50+ times where files keep dowloading over and over again i have concluded that this game is a peice of ****. I have wiped every file off my pc and started over again and again. Support has the audacity to say its my connection. I just downloaded halo 1,2,3, and 4 in only 2 hours. 3 out of 4 downloads i get to attempt to log into server: I get error 201 (i am the ****ing admin on this pc and all the files are given read/write) explain this cluster **** of an issue.......

Try opening your steam files and opening the launcher manually. Then when that works put a desktop shortcut up.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Try opening your steam files and opening the launcher manually. Then when that works put a desktop shortcut up.
    I ended up downloading it from the website. Spent 7 hours had to uninstall/install and repair 9 times because every server log in attempt was blocked by another bad file. Usually a 2GB+ client_dat ********. Youd think after passing ownership of this game around like a cheap hooker, theyd at least make it so you can download the game after 1 maybe 2 attempts at most.

Community Manager

We have made an adjustment that should correct an issue with downloading the client through Steam. Let us know if you continue to run into an issue.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have made an adjustment that should correct an issue with downloading the client through Steam. Let us know if you continue to run into an issue.
    It appears to be fixed now, thank you!