Default Quest Closure: Soul Survivor

At this time the quest "Soul Survivor" is unavailable to play. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Default Bug fix?

Is this to fix the quest repeatedly bugging out?

Doris will not be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewolf View Post
    Is this to fix the quest repeatedly bugging out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fants View Post
    We have a fix for this, however with the holidays we are unable to patch with so many people out of the office. I'm sorry for the trouble, we should be able to get a patch through in early January.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Default Soul Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    At this time the quest "Soul Survivor" is unavailable to play. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    thank-you very much for addressing this issue in a professional manner. By closing "soul Survivor" you make a statement that you acknowledge:
    1. The problem
    2. Are going to fix it
    3. Peeps will no longer waste time, and become angry and frustrated with the game in general until it is

should we expect a fix for this week
    Helloween/Trooperrj/Dreamhealer/Sepulturaa/ x SabotageX/Ironhell/Aceshigh/Halibaba/gammaray/Blindgardian/Megadethx and 22 others..INFERUS SUS-Thelanis
    ?

Community Member

Disciples of Rage - Quarantine is bugged too.

Community Member

When is Soul Survivor going to be fixed?

Default Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    When is Soul Survivor going to be fixed?
    Probably next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ElrondElfKing View Post
    Doris will not be happy
    Doris is a soul survivor

Community Member

Fixed yet?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mutantspacegoat View Post
    Fixed yet?
    In 52.1 on January 27.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-521-release-notes

So... is this still bugged or what?

I have put Issabet's soul back in Dorris but she will not talk to me other than the usual stay/follow dialogue options. So that's y'know, not ideal after however long in the quest up to this point. Had a bunch of pots and stuff running as well, what a waste. /sigh. Frustrating - I'm not like hopping mad about it, it's just a game, I was in solo it's only my time that's wasted really. But... /sigh.

Did the puzzle, clicked the thing, name changed on Dorris, she gave me the message you get right at the start again (when you first speak with her "this unit is sent to" blah blah) with the stay/follow options below. I talked to her again, just had the stay/follow options.

I don't know what the previous bugs were with the quest - I never experienced any before, I just know the thing keeps getting closed, but this is a pretty straightforward trigger failure as far as I can tell.

Bug raised (or will be shortly), and I'll come back to this quest another day. Please fix it though, it's otherwise a really good, immersive quest.

Whilst I'm at it PLEASE FIX THE CAPTAINS FACE at the start, ermagerd, I thought it was a new monster.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 02-11-2022 at 02:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Community Member

Does anyone else have low FPS and "input lag" in SoulSurvior ? It's not as bad as old yester hill but it's a semi slide show for me in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard1406 View Post
    Does anyone else have low FPS and "input lag" in SoulSurvior ? It's not as bad as old yester hill but it's a semi slide show for me in some places.
    I think it's water reflections? IDK

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    So... is this still bugged or what?

I have put Issabet's soul back in Dorris but she will not talk to me other than the usual stay/follow dialogue options. So that's y'know, not ideal after however long in the quest up to this point. Had a bunch of pots and stuff running as well, what a waste. /sigh. Frustrating - I'm not like hopping mad about it, it's just a game, I was in solo it's only my time that's wasted really. But... /sigh.

Did the puzzle, clicked the thing, name changed on Dorris, she gave me the message you get right at the start again (when you first speak with her "this unit is sent to" blah blah) with the stay/follow options below. I talked to her again, just had the stay/follow options.
    So this time I stood there after solving the puzzle and clicking the soul splitter device and waited and waited and waited for all the animations I could see happening to stop. Dorris falls to her knees, then there's a very subtle glow effect that fades, then she stands up....

Then i spoke to her.

And still got the 'this model has been sent' text - which as I understand it you should only see the first time you talk to Dorris at the start. Rather than smash my computer into pieces, I pressed escape - didnt' click close window, didn't choose the dialogue option.

Then when I spoke to her... Halleluja, the correct dialogue option.

I'll maybe add something to the wiki later: can anyone else confirm any tricks/tips they have for getting past this point bug-free, and importantly, whether what I've described above matches someone else's experience other than mine?
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    I'll maybe add something to the wiki later: can anyone else confirm any tricks/tips they have for getting past this point bug-free, and importantly, whether what I've described above matches someone else's experience other than mine?
    The quest worked fine for me last week, maybe the reboot messed something up? I'm almost back to 30 and will check it out again before I ETR.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by drex81 View Post
    The quest worked fine for me last week, maybe the reboot messed something up? I'm almost back to 30 and will check it out again before I ETR.
    Clicked on switch.
    Clicked on soul-splitter.
    Changed puzzle to yellow.
    Clicked soul-splitter to release the soul.
    Dorris kneeled, then stood up.
    Spoke with Dorris/Issabet.
    Quest advanced.

Ran it on Orien.

Quote Originally Posted by drex81 View Post
    Clicked on switch.
    Clicked on soul-splitter.
    Changed puzzle to yellow.
    Clicked soul-splitter to release the soul.
    Dorris kneeled, then stood up.
    Spoke with Dorris/Issabet.
    Quest advanced.

Ran it on Orien.
    ^^in bold is what I think is critical. The new objective appears before the animation finishes, so wait is the key. When it bugged out on me the first time, I just turned around and talked to her as soon as the objective appeared, and she was still on her knees.

Ideally, the devs would move the new objective appearance trigger point or otherwise stop you talking to her once the soul is released until it's safe to do so.

Community Member ideal_insomnia's Avatar

Running this quest just now on Orien and have the same issue as dunklezhan: released the soul, then I guess spoke to Dorris(?) too quickly, because now all I get is the standard "What do you require of this unit?" response. "Talk to... Dorris?" objective doesn't complete.

Also the map doesn't work in the secret underground lab. Also in the main laboratory I'm having very noticeable performance issues.

So, uh... this quest still needs work.