Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Garbage system, the cruncher should at least be open to all. Utterly insane to expect people that don't mainline high reapers to just hoard reaper items for months/years so that when they hit 50rp they can start breaking them down.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    This is actually a great thing for those with under 50 reaper points. Why? Because remember those R10s are too easy posts you were starting to see? The top 1% of reaper players were getting bored/antsy/annoyed that R4 had become the new R1. They were soon going to start demanding harder reaper. Now that really would hurt someone with 10 reaper points. But now? Now they can chase the 100 items they need. They don't want a harder difficulty to do that. They want to zerg through reaper dungeons as fast as possible. So now there will be no cries for tougher reaper and, since R4 is the new R1, anyone under the threshold of 50 reaper points will hit the mark in relatively short order.

A sneaky great compromise has been established.
    So the huge decrease in likelihood that you and anyone else is ever going to be passed reaper or mythic bonus loot again doesn't bother you at all? Hoarding by the game's wealthiest players for the win, I guess, and screw you cooperative play and helping newer players.

Nor is the issue of r10 being too easy for some players solved by this at all. Those players will make their reaper stat helms and weapons quickly and then get right back to complaining about the game being too easy. And this is a real problem by the way, having too low a ceiling on difficulty affects population and spending on the game.

You really need to make the leap in your reasoning to get beyond this 'if veteran players don't seem to like it, it must be good' mentality. It would help you see things more clearly and vastly improve the quality of your commentary on these forums.
    Last edited by Blerk; 12-09-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerk View Post
    So the huge decrease in likelihood that you and anyone else is ever going to be passed reaper or mythic bonus loot again doesn't bother you at all? Hoarding by the game's wealthiest players for the win, I guess, and screw you cooperative play and helping newer players.

Nor is the issue of r10 being too easy for some players solved by this at all. Those players will make their reaper stat helms and weapons quickly and then get right back to complaining about the game being too easy. And this is a real problem by the way, having too low a ceiling on difficulty affects population and spending on the game.

You really need to make the leap in your reasoning to get beyond this 'if veteran players don't seem to like it, it must be good' mentality. It would help you see things more clearly and vastly improve the quality of your commentary on these forums.
    Absolutely

The game has been moving farther and farther away from having a trade economy from no unbound loot in ages and now all these aditional item sinks on top of the bloated platinium sinks for wings or resets & it's the same players who claim those are ok that think this is a good idea too

But what was better was when loot was tradeable and or when loot was traded in chest at least now its just another loot to feed situation

Reaper bonus items and Mythic bonus items should not feed Reaper crafting they should be left to be traded in chest we dont need more personal sinks we need a better comunity economy getting players exchanging things and putting things on the AH etc

Also more ingredients without increasing storage yeah
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 12-09-2021 at 11:07 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    I really hope we can create enough of a backlash to get them to change this. We do NOT need more motivation to destroy gear that other members of the party need. The sentient experience system is already a big problem but this makes it that much worse because now ONLY good gear is targeted for destruction.

This needs to be scrapped and replaced with either an item drop (reapers can drop reaper remnants when killed) or chest loot. If they can add copper/silver/gold coins to every chest in the game at the flick of a switch they can do the same thing with reaper tokens.
    REAPER REMNANTS - SOOOO MUCH YES! the higher the skulls the bigger the remnant drop. Hell they can even sell reaper remnant pots to make more reel cash if they want.

they can even keep the crunch system in play (as long as they open the gate to crunching, even if the buying is still on the 2nd vendor)

Um, my loot is my loot...

Community Member

I've already won DDO. A feat told me so. It's always been about the journey, not the destination. People shouldn't stress about what will happen at 50 reaper points and enjoy the ride up there. Pretty soon you realize you're really good at reaper and that in itself is better than any marginal buff to an item.

I am Awesomesauce!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Um, my loot is my loot...
    Sure, and I imagine based on that principle you'd refuse the offer of a reaper stat helm from someone else.

You know, because my loot is my loot too and I shouldn't be giving it away to people who can make better use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    I've already won DDO. A feat told me so. It's always been about the journey, not the destination. People shouldn't stress about what will happen at 50 reaper points and enjoy the ride up there. Pretty soon you realize you're really good at reaper and that in itself is better than any marginal buff to an item.
    You keep ignoring the core issues here, such as cooperative play and the importance of giving the most committed players something to do. Try to see beyond the game as it affects you only right at this moment.
    Last edited by Blerk; 12-10-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Sure, and I imagine based on that principle you'd refuse the offer of a reaper stat helm from someone else.

You know, because my loot is my loot too and I shouldn't be giving it away to people who can make better use of it.

Do whatever you want with your loot but if it rolls under my name don’t try and tell me I should give it to someone who can better use it. That is mine to do whatever I want with. You are free to do whatever you want with yours. I’m certainly not going to ask for it or feel entitled to it if I can use it better than you.

Entitlement is a serious problem nowadays it seems.

Community Member

Do whatever you want with your loot but if it rolls under my name don’t try and tell me I should give it to someone who can better use it. That is mine to do whatever I want with. You are free to do whatever you want with yours. I’m certainly not going to ask for it or feel entitled to it if I can use it better than you.
    I haven't told you what to do with your loot. What I did say is this is an anti-sharing mechanic, and I think that is a bad thing. If you don't that's fine.

On my server among the circle of endgame players I run with there's a very cooperative attitude to sharing loot and it benefits everyone. If you want to squat in your 'my loot is my loot' hole that's fine, but life actually get a lot easier when people are prepared to share. For example, I see no point in hoarding rare filigrees I'll never use, so when someone I don't actively dislike says they need one, I usually offer it up.

These same sharing people tend to notice others who are always taking everything for themselves. Funnily enough, the non-sharers find it harder to get loot passed to them, nor do they get same number of people offering to help them when they need that augment, filigree or want some other form of help.

Each to their own I guess.

On my server among the circle of endgame players I run with there's a very cooperative attitude to sharing loot and it benefits everyone. If you want to squat in your 'my loot is my loot' hole that's fine, but life actually get a lot easier when people are prepared to share. For example, I see no point in hoarding rare filigrees I'll never use, so when someone I don't actively dislike says they need one, I usually offer it up.
    You know, every time something new has been added to the game then we have seen these posts here on the forum. After a while it has died down, as nothing changed in game. Nice people that shared their items continued to be nice people and share their items, people that for whatever reason always takes their loot continued to do that.

And the same thing will happen now. Stop working yourself into a rage over nothing.

Do not call people greedy or selfish when you dont know anything about the person playing a character you think is greedy or selfish. Because you have no idea about who the player is and why they do what they do in game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    100 reaper items to enchant a single item?!!? For a bonus that is marginal at best. And one that can become redundant with gear evolution to boot.

What genius came up with those economics?

Having trawled through all my bank toons I've found 43 reaper bonus items.

That's after playing at cap and pretty much exclusively in reaper, other than raids, for YEARS.

You must be flaming on something if you think I'm gonna bother with anything at these prices folks.

A grind is one thing, this is completely flaming deranged.

Surely to Crom someone has made a miscalculation here - either that or they've been listening to the discorderati too much for their own sanity.

10-20 items or 1-2 helms for an item-helm is reasonable. More than that is taking the proverbial. 100 is just flaming deranged. In fact it's an insult.
    I bet a lot of players dug into their banks and came out with their mouths formed like a birdhouse. Who is this headache inducing system aimed for?

Perhaps they plan to increase the droprate of Reaper-items? Why is the material BTA? Why not include mythic items?

Angry I'll die first

I've got 43 Reaper items - 42 now as I tried one out.

About 10 of those I will want to keep for tetris reasons anyway.

So 33 items, about a third of the way to getting enough to add a single bonus.

I've been playing this game for 12 years now. So another 24 to make an item.

Very likely I'll be dead before that happens. Certainly be long dead 36 years later for a second one.

Absolutely deranged economics.

I'm not doing this stuff until whatever lunatic came up with it comes to their senses.

Default Reponse

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkwier View Post
    100 reaper items to enchant a single item?!!? For a bonus that is marginal at best. And one that can become redundant with gear evolution to boot.

What genius came up with those economics?

Having trawled through all my bank toons I've found 43 reaper bonus items.

That's after playing at cap and pretty much exclusively in reaper, other than raids, for YEARS.

You must be flaming on something if you think I'm gonna bother with anything at these prices folks.

A grind is one thing, this is completely flaming deranged.

Surely to Crom someone has made a miscalculation here - either that or they've been listening to the discorderati too much for their own sanity.

10-20 items or 1-2 helms for an item-helm is reasonable. More than that is taking the proverbial. 100 is just flaming deranged. In fact it's an insult.

I Agree, this system is not going to be any good.

ideas that would make it better :

1. Make the reaper boost "remove able"....THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM!
    100 Frag= Reaper Stat Helm
    50 Frag= any other boosts

3. Make the vendor accessible to anyone (regardless of Reaper points)

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I would think getting the items necessary to upgrade an item would require close to 2.5MM RXP so I don't think it's an issue for most people. It is definitely an issue for people with many alts in the stable that have accumulated more than 2.5MM rxp in total, but not on a single character. I don't know how common that fact pattern is since most people gave up on alts.

Agree, when grouping I've mostly passed items with good reaper bonuses unless it's something I needed. That won't happen in the future because of the frequency of gear changes and the low drop rate of reaper ability bonuses on helms. Although there are several new abilities on different items and I assume all those better items can be crunched for 5 instead of 1.

Many systems like remnants people complained about the cost/drop rates when new and years later people have 100k in their account bank.
    I'm not sure if I'm just in the opposite corner of the world but 2.5m RXP is a lot to most of DDO's playerbase AFAIK. Also to upgrade 8 items = 20m RXP at that rate and that's fine to you - just for one character?

I'd like more than one Reaper bonus item on more than one character lmao.

And that, no more passing Reaper bonus items. Not so good. Just drop BtA frags when a Reaper bonus item drops, so I can pass the item but keep the frags lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm just in the opposite corner of the world but 2.5m RXP is a lot to most of DDO's playerbase AFAIK. Also to upgrade 8 items = 20m RXP at that rate and that's fine to you - just for one character?

And that, no more passing Reaper bonus items. Not so good. Just drop BtA frags when a Reaper bonus item drops, so I can pass the item but keep the frags lol.
    No need to have this gating or even this discussion with the current set up. OP will never reach one upgrade at his pace, if he got lucky he can´t even sell those 1-2 ingreds that he might obtain. Clearly, this system isn´t for him.

Community Member

The new system is silly and there to fuel shard rolls. For the people who already have everything its another hamster wheel for them to chase after. The positives are that technically everyone now has a chance to make a stat helm for cap and low level one for leveling. It will also be a nice use of low level reaper items that would otherwise provide little sentient xp for my gems. Its not a perfect system but at least we are no longer held hostage to a random roll of the loot dice to get the reaper helm we want. Now they just need to roll out a mythic upgrade system that is hopefully less bonkers than this one.

Default Reponse

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post

I do not think they need to adjust the frags for a Reaper Stat helm......let's say you farm a reaper stat helm (Fey water quest).....if you do not get lucky and pull one....after approx 400 runs, you can craft one (so guaranteed that eventually, you will get it).

But, for the other Reaper boost items, the frag amount could be 50.

ALSO, as i mentioned above, this Reaper Power boost MUST be able to be remove able and swapped to another item in the future (like say.....next June when level increases and new raids come out).

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    Don't fret, typical "must play reaper 10 or you are a noob player/reaper 4 is the new normal!". Just ignore them, I try to.
    ^this... all day this
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination -Albert Einstein

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    The new system is silly and there to fuel shard rolls. For the people who already have everything its another hamster wheel for them to chase after. The positives are that technically everyone now has a chance to make a stat helm for cap and low level one for leveling. It will also be a nice use of low level reaper items that would otherwise provide little sentient xp for my gems. Its not a perfect system but at least we are no longer held hostage to a random roll of the loot dice to get the reaper helm we want. Now they just need to roll out a mythic upgrade system that is hopefully less bonkers than this one.
    Understatement of the year..

I wonder how many people reached the upgrade for even one item, and that is after years of farming. I think it´s technically more of a chance for people to jump to the moon and take a big bite of the cheese that it could be made of... Who pushed this?

Community Member

Entitlement is a serious problem nowadays it seems.
    Your attitude is perfectly acceptable, but part of good game design is finding ways to make it so that people with your attitude are still willing to share. This is why most raid loot in most games is bound to character and worthless if you are not going to use it. They made a huge mistake when they designed the Sentient Experience system because they added a strong incentive for people to behave in a more selfish manner and this new system compounds that first mistake. The goal should be cooperative game design and the way you do that is by not strongly encouraging selfish gameplay (which is what this new system and the sentient system have done).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast