Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I have 3m reaper exp (54 points) but even if I crunch every single reaper item I ever saw, I won't have enough to enchant a single item...

Those craft values are insane...

Ffs SSG... just let us buy reaper craft components with PLATINUM! Make tha **** currency useful at least once.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Is this because people who can crush R10 need more power?
    Seemingly yes.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkysz View Post
    I have 3m reaper exp (54 points) but even if I crunch every single reaper item I ever saw, I won't have enough to enchant a single item...

Those craft values are insane...

Ffs SSG... just let us buy reaper craft components with PLATINUM! Make tha **** currency useful at least once.
    i 2nd this statement. just logged all 33 of my toons and i may have found 40 things i can crunch. make 20 or plat 100 is crazy
    The Leader of The Original Brotherhood

The game becomes fun once you stop caring how long it take to lvl

Community Member

Default meant to mention

BTW, joking aside, i think this is a good idea in principal.

does anyone know if reaper bonus can be added to helms for the ability bonus?

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkysz View Post
    If a lot of Reaper stuff is 5 frags, it seems a bit more reasonable? Not sure what decides if stuff is 1 or 5 though given this thread. Also being able to crunch Mythic bonus items will surely help a bunch

I'm pretty fine with it being real grindy otherwise it'd be immediate and done, but I do want it to be doable
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Default It's OK

It's OK that a game like DDO has multiple levels of game achievements. I don't have 2.5 million reaper points yet either but I look forward to gaining that at some point to have this feature. I don't think this divides the player base at all.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.
    Motto: Enjoy the game, loot and XP will follow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Makes sense, reaper crafting should take some investment to be able to achieve access..

Cant Cannith craft without crafting levels.
    Cant get house P buffs without house P favor
    Cant take higher tiers without achieving the level gating benchmarks..

If you can't achieve the benchmarks then you dont deserve to have access to the custom crafting.

Real solo players dont cry poor me i should get stuff for free, they suck it up and get it done... or join groups and enjoy the benefits of teamwork.
    Even players with 0 reaper points still join groups and contribute just fine.
    It makes sense you cannot craft. It does not make sense that you cannot turn in items for ingredients. You should be able to do that on day 1 of a first life rather than storing them forever. Even first day crafters can break items down for crafting materials.

Community Member

This new system sucks for getting good loot to wear as now people will be even less willing to pass named loot with bonuses that they don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    It makes sense you cannot craft. It does not make sense that you cannot turn in items for ingredients. You should be able to do that on day 1 of a first life rather than storing them forever. Even first day crafters can break items down for crafting materials.
    I just sorta assumed by the time you had enough you'd be far enough along likely so I don't know why you can't just craft from day 1.

What, you pulled dozens of Reaper boost items while still only having 10 Reaper points? Ok, go for it lol.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

i crunched 10 various reaper items, they all gave only the 1 fragment. not sure what gives the actually 5 fragments that is in the UI. At that rate i might have 20 reaper fragments if i crunch everything.
    100 is too much at the rate it is currently giving out.
    if it was that 1 per mythic and 5 per reaper item then that wouldn't have been so bad.
    Caellwin on Orion server since December 2009

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    In those 2 years, I have mainly done Reaper on Heroics only and I have stayed at cap for only a small amount of time. I have only stayed at cap farming Reaper XP for a total of about 2 weeks, doing R1 to R3. When I am ready to try a new build, I reincarnate. I am a solo player. Heroics, I only do R1-R3 as well.

Staying at cap is kind of boring. I understand this is the best way to farm RXP but that is not how everyone plays the game. I'd rather level up and do different builds.
    It will at least be easier now as you are able to solo Reaper on Epics, unlike before.
    I used to dislike cap and have found it worthwhile for gaining rxp and gaining epic past lives vs heroic or racial past lives for my builds. I have been soloing reaper on my main at around 30pts or so and it has only gotten easier with the latest updates.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Ah, so only players that run RXP in epics are worth considering?

And yeah, one of my first-life raid alts has 350k RXP that I got exclusively before level 30 - but I was running with a party and just buffing/healing. Seems odd to expect someone to solo that though lmao.
    Hmm I don't think it is odd at all I drag all my alt accounts along for my R5 heroic lives now I usually lose interest around around 250k heroic rxp its just such a slow slog. At 250k rxp per life it only takes less than a dozen to open up that vendor I guess they could at some point allow for other ways to access the vendor they chose rxp so what I cannot access it right now either and could care less at this point. It might be a different story if I could add the reaper stat boost to my helms. What am I going to miss a +4 to some melee, ranged, spell power, MRR, PRR, or whatever other tiny boost that will allow me to kill a mob or a boss what .00000001% faster. Game breaking I am going to have to file a ticket to get access to that kind of power.

Community Member

Yikes. I was worried how they were going to implement it, and this is worse than I feared...it's so elitist and exclusionary, basically if you aren't in the subset of players who enjoy high level reaper groups - and running the builds that can handle that - then you're a second class citizen of the game.

Might as well call this system Jim Creaper...

Also just wait until the power gamers invest in a few pieces and then the meta shifts and they start screaming for full refunds or bonus transfers so they aren't "forced to throw out" their investment

Also also, watch for L7 vet alts now just parked to farm super quick low level quests like keep and harbor for easy cheap reaper items
    Last edited by droid327; 12-09-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Yikes. I was worried how they were going to implement it, and this is worse than I feared...it's so elitist and exclusionary, basically if you aren't in the subset of players who enjoy high level reaper groups - and running the builds that can handle that - then you're a second class citizen of the game.

Might as well call this system Jim Creaper...

Also just wait until the power gamers invest in a few pieces and then the meta shifts and they start screaming for full refunds or bonus transfers so they aren't "forced to throw out" their investment
    Yep if you are running Legendary R10 you can just ignore it

Also another discussion happening on discord and information being brought to the forum by players more of same
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 12-09-2021 at 01:18 PM.

14. 12-09-2021, 01:38 PM

Community Member

My main gripe with this system is how it pits players against each other to make progress. It's the same problem we had with sentient xp, which was only partially alleviated by adding SXP gems.

It would have been much better if there was a chance of getting a shard in chests when running on reaper difficulty. That way we wouldn't have to make the decision about whether to pass gear to others or hoard it for ourselves.

Please stop adding systems that encourage selfish play. I don't want to play a game that means I have to stop helping others to make my own progress.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDustar View Post
    Hmm I don't think it is odd at all I drag all my alt accounts along for my R5 heroic lives now I usually lose interest around around 250k heroic rxp its just such a slow slog. At 250k rxp per life it only takes less than a dozen to open up that vendor I guess they could at some point allow for other ways to access the vendor they chose rxp so what I cannot access it right now either and could care less at this point.
    So you multibox and are carrying your alts? Or are you soloing R5 with your alt accounts?

It might be a different story if I could add the reaper stat boost to my helms. What am I going to miss a +4 to some melee, ranged, spell power, MRR, PRR, or whatever other tiny boost that will allow me to kill a mob or a boss what .00000001% faster. Game breaking I am going to have to file a ticket to get access to that kind of power.
    Putting MP boost on a full ML5 (largely Feywild) set for like 30 MP? Yeah that's definitely nothing, will increase your clear speed by .00000001% lmao. Hell I'd take +30 MP at cap quite happily

Better yet if you mostly farm the items you want you can Reaper boost items that already have Mythic and get Mythic/Reaper boosted items.
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blerk View Post
    My main gripe with this system is how it pits players against each other to make progress. It's the same problem we had with sentient xp, which was only partially alleviated by adding SXP gems.

It would have been much better if there was a chance of getting a shard in chests when running on reaper difficulty. That way we wouldn't have to make the decision about whether to pass gear to others or hoard it for ourselves.

Please stop adding systems that encourage selfish play. I don't want to play a game that means I have to stop helping others to make my own progress.
    This is definitely the part of the system that I hate the most. Upgrade items should simply drop in the quest (either from chests or like mysterious remnants do). Making us destroy gear that other people might need is a terrible system. It was bad enough with sentient experience but now people will be specifically targeting items that dropped with the best bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    Shouldn't this feature be accessible to everyone?
    No. Why should it be?

I think this is nice and cool and a good addition to the game.

I see a lot of people complain about it, as they can not get everything they want immedeately.

I think it is a good thing that you have a long term goal to work for. If you dont think it is worth it you dont have to do it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wahnsinnig View Post
    No. Why should it be?

I think this is nice and cool and a good addition to the game.

I see a lot of people complain about it, as they can not get everything they want immedeately.

I think it is a good thing that you have a long term goal to work for. If you dont think it is worth it you dont have to do it.
    The harder it is to earn something the more unwilling I am to spend the currency. I don't want to add a Reaper Bonus to item X because I cannot be certain I will still be using item X for enough years to justify the expense of upgrading it (since I then lose all the ingredients and cannot upgrade something that turns out to be more valuable later). And considering all the gear we use, there are a lot of things to upgrade. It isn't a long-term goal. I will literally die of old age before I have enough components to upgrade even 10% of the gear that I use. And to be clear, I'm not using the word literally figuratively. I actually mean that. That isn't not getting everything we want immediately. That is not getting anything we want ever. Add to that the bigger problem that this encourages party members to destroy good loot rather than share it with others and the result is that getting loot with any bonus at all is now harder than ever.

There are a lot of ways to design an upgrade system. Destroying loot that other party members need should never be one of them. That is the worst part of the Sentient Experience system and now they just made it a whole lot worse.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    This is definitely the part of the system that I hate the most. Upgrade items should simply drop in the quest (either from chests or like mysterious remnants do). Making us destroy gear that other people might need is a terrible system. It was bad enough with sentient experience but now people will be specifically targeting items that dropped with the best bonuses.
    Rems should just BE the upgrade currency

Dunno why they have to introduce a new currency to grind and take up bag space for every new thing they add to the game. All it does is make currencies worthless once you're finished with the one thing they're good for. Having a plenary currency with broad intrinsic value makes the game better, not oversimplified. They seemed to kinda catch on with Threads, but that's really more about just gating stuff behind raiding
    Last edited by droid327; 12-09-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Thumbs down 100 Reaper items - are you kidding SSG?

100 reaper items to enchant a single item?!!? For a bonus that is marginal at best. And one that can become redundant with gear evolution to boot.

What genius came up with those economics?

Having trawled through all my bank toons I've found 43 reaper bonus items.

That's after playing at cap and pretty much exclusively in reaper, other than raids, for YEARS.

You must be flaming on something if you think I'm gonna bother with anything at these prices folks.

A grind is one thing, this is completely flaming deranged.

Surely to Crom someone has made a miscalculation here - either that or they've been listening to the discorderati too much for their own sanity.

10-20 items or 1-2 helms for an item-helm is reasonable. More than that is taking the proverbial. 100 is just flaming deranged. In fact it's an insult.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast