Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Crafting Reaper bonuses not accessible to everyone

So I need 2.5 million Reaper xp just to access this new feature.

This just makes it harder for solo players. I work hard for my reaper points and have accumulated 600k in 2 years. I guess I'll have to wait a few more years just to access this.
    Won't this further divide the player base's power? Now it will be even harder for me to contribute to groups and join groups.

Shouldn't this feature be accessible to everyone?

Community Member

Sorry but 600 000 is below 25 reaper points.
    I just want to ask, if specifically running reaper for 2 years and assuming at least reaper 4 since its the go to if you are at least bit a ok player how did you manage to accumulate only that amount of points?

You can get that over 1 weekend tbh. /:
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

Have not been in the game yet. What currency is used for these reaper boni? And how much?
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Quote Originally Posted by Baahb3 View Post
    Have not been in the game yet. What currency is used for these reaper boni? And how much?
    if im understanding correctly based on Discord discussion, 1 reaper item gives 5 fragments, 1 mythic item gives 1 fragment. You need 100 to put your own bonus.
    I may be mistaken as I have no access to the UI

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    if im understanding correctly based on Discord discussion, 1 reaper item gives 5 fragments, 1 mythic item gives 1 fragment. You need 100 to put your own bonus.
    I may be mistaken as I have no access to the UI
    Not that I am anywhere near this but awesome, another currency to keep track of. Thanks for the response.

They should have made it cost reaper points/reaper XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebtid View Post
    Sorry but 600 000 is below 25 reaper points.
    I just want to ask, if specifically running reaper for 2 years and assuming at least reaper 4 since its the go to if you are at least bit a ok player how did you manage to accumulate only that amount of points?

You can get that over 1 weekend tbh. /:
    So you solo reaper 4 leveling heroics? Assuming you're at least bit an ok player?

It seems like you're confused or being arrogant.
    Last edited by darkniteyogi; 12-09-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Community Member

Is this because people who can crush R10 need more power?
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Is this because people who can crush R10 need more power?
    Seemingly yes.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkysz View Post
    I have 3m reaper exp (54 points) but even if I crunch every single reaper item I ever saw, I won't have enough to enchant a single item...
    If a lot of Reaper stuff is 5 frags, it seems a bit more reasonable? Not sure what decides if stuff is 1 or 5 though given this thread. Also being able to crunch Mythic bonus items will surely help a bunch

I'm pretty fine with it being real grindy otherwise it'd be immediate and done, but I do want it to be doable
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

So you solo reaper 4 leveling heroics? Assuming you're at least bit an ok player?

No, you're confused or being arrogant.
    Don't fret, typical "must play reaper 10 or you are a noob player/reaper 4 is the new normal!". Just ignore them, I try to.

Don't fret, typical "must play reaper 10 or you are a noob player/reaper 4 is the new normal!". Just ignore them, I try to.
    ^this... all day this
    The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination -Albert Einstein

Community Member

No, you're confused or being arrogant.
    I don't think that he is out of line at all I have over 700k on my first lifer that is maybe a year old. Heroic rxp is a waste of time its only for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDustar View Post
    I don't think that he is out of line at all I have over 700k on my first lifer that is maybe a year old. Heroic rxp is a waste of time its only for the challenge.
    In those 2 years, I have mainly done Reaper on Heroics only and I have stayed at cap for only a small amount of time. I have only stayed at cap farming Reaper XP for a total of about 2 weeks, doing R1 to R3. When I am ready to try a new build, I reincarnate. I am a solo player. Heroics, I only do R1-R3 as well.

Staying at cap is kind of boring. I understand this is the best way to farm RXP but that is not how everyone plays the game. I'd rather level up and do different builds.
    It will at least be easier now as you are able to solo Reaper on Epics, unlike before.

Community Member

So I need 2.5 million Reaper xp just to access this new feature.

Shouldn't this feature be accessible to everyone?
    No, because you also have to crunch 100 different extra reaper bonus items (loss of ~30k SXp) to get the materials to craft a single reaper bonus on a single item.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    No, because you also have to crunch 100 different extra reaper bonus items (loss of ~30k SXp) to get the materials to craft a single reaper bonus on a single item.
    I thought reaper bonus on items could drop on any named item from a reaper quest. It did not have to be level 29 or 30. Pretty sure I have a heroic item with a reaper bonus on it. Or am I just mistaken?

I thought reaper bonus on items could drop on any named item from a reaper quest. It did not have to be level 29 or 30. Pretty sure I have a heroic item with a reaper bonus on it. Or am I just mistaken?
    correction. Regular reaper bonuses wc they call reaper junk loot is 1 fragment. The "helms" are 5 fragments.
    Last edited by darkniteyogi; 12-09-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Community Member

I could get 5 frags for a reaper stat helm level 5. It's the only item I found that would give 5 frags even though there are many things that supposedly give 5 frags in the UI. I haven't tested much. I logged off annoyed at the apparent cost.

100 reaper items is absurd of course. I hope something is not working right here or I'm doing something wrong. Twenty reaper items would be reasonable.

edit: Also yeah OP, gating this all behind 50 reaper points or whatever it is is bad. Exclusive design is awful.
    Last edited by GramercyRiff; 12-09-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    I could get 5 frags for a reaper stat helm level 5.

100 reaper items is absurd of course.
    So um, reaper stat helms (rare affix) are approximately 1 in 10 reaper hats. Reaper items are approximately 1 in 20. So 100 reaper items (30k SXp worth of reaper items) represents farming 600k SXp worth of items to get materials to craft one reaper item bonus.

At 300 SXp/item and 40% chance of an item per quest on R10 you need to farm 2000 items and 5000 R10 dungeons. 5000 R10 dungeons is 25M RXp.

That should in theory give 100 reaper items, 90 of which are common and worth 1 point, and 10 of which are rare and worth 5 points, which will allow crafting 1.4 reaper affixes of choice. Which means we don't need 5k dungeons, we only need around 3600, or about 16M worth of reaper dungeons at cap.

Edit: corrected math to reaper affix drop rate of 5% of items, and for rare affix 10% guestimate rate.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 12-10-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Community Member

Default Need moar storage

So um, reaper stat helms are approximately 1 in 10M RXp. Reaper items are approximately 1 in 10. So 100 reaper items (30k SXp worth of reaper items) represents farming 300k SXp worth of items to get materials to craft one reaper item bonus.

At 300 SXp/item and 40% chance of an item per quest on R10 you need to farm 1000 items and 2500 R10 dungeons. So no, a 2.5M RXp person doesn't need access to this crafting.

Assuming you crunch every reaper item you get, you are looking at being able to craft a reaper bonus every 12M RXp or so. 80% less if items with new reaper bonuses are worth 5x more.
    maybe the Tier I reaper vendor can 'sell' you another bank slot to hold all or reaper items that you will need to hold onto until you are 2.5m RXP LOL
    I am 2 lives away from finally getting there, so not using those for sentient will definitely push the seams on my storage bags...or maybe have to buy another toon slot to hold onto all of the items

Community Member

So um, reaper stat helms are approximately 1 in 10M RXp. Reaper items are approximately 1 in 10. So 100 reaper items (30k SXp worth of reaper items) represents farming 300k SXp worth of items to get materials to craft one reaper item bonus.

At 300 SXp/item and 40% chance of an item per quest on R10 you need to farm 1000 items and 2500 R10 dungeons. So no, a 2.5M RXp person doesn't need access to this crafting.

Assuming you crunch every reaper item you get, you are looking at being able to craft a reaper bonus every 12M RXp or so. 80% less if items with new reaper bonuses are worth 5x more.
    These numbers are absurdly wrong for someone not sitting at cap farming rxp.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast