Default SWF Barbarian epic destiny

so i was looking at https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Fat-Barbarian and i thought, i bet that would work with a shadarkai. i have been looking for a shadarkai build for a while, so i gave it a go. things were lovely as i was levelling, then as i approached level 30 i realized that fury of the wild 19-20 extra crit multiplier is only for THF or TWF, not SWF as i was using. any thoughts on what epic destinies split to use for a SWF barbarian. i current am 34 legendary dreadnought with tier 5 stuff, 11 shadowdancer (for evasion as per link above), 15 fury of the wild. it might just be a bad mix, and i'm okay with that, but any recommendations for a SWF barbarian?

2. 12-05-2021, 10:55 PM

Community Member PrinceOfAsphodel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller3 View Post
    so i was looking at https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Fat-Barbarian and i thought, i bet that would work with a shadarkai. i have been looking for a shadarkai build for a while, so i gave it a go. things were lovely as i was levelling, then as i approached level 30 i realized that fury of the wild 19-20 extra crit multiplier is only for THF or TWF, not SWF as i was using. any thoughts on what epic destinies split to use for a SWF barbarian. i current am 34 legendary dreadnought with tier 5 stuff, 11 shadowdancer (for evasion as per link above), 15 fury of the wild. it might just be a bad mix, and i'm okay with that, but any recommendations for a SWF barbarian?
    I ran into the same exact problem. I haven't hit 30 quite yet but I'm currently leveling Shadowdancer with Dreadnought as my splash.
    Princze/Dazneus of Cannith

Community Member

Default SWF Shadar-Kai Barb ED option

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfAsphodel View Post
    I ran into the same exact problem. I haven't hit 30 quite yet but I'm currently leveling Shadowdancer with Dreadnought as my splash.
    I think Dreadnaught is the place to be. If you can get your Dire Charge DC high enough, you can stun (or at least trip) and sunder a pack before using one or both chain attacks. This not only means that its easier to land the second and third chain attacks (in the animation), but gets helpless damage. Plus, Displacement while you have an action boost.

Note that if you don't have someone healing or another source of healing, you can drop LD and put more into Shadowdancer, with leftovers into Unyielding for renew and Primal for Cocoon.

If you are looking for a bit more survivability, go with Shadowdancer mantle instead of LD, but keep T5 LD.
    With the bare minimum 48 points, here is what I would do:

Legendary Dreadnaught: 34
    T1: Core 1, Dire Charge, Dread Mantle, 2x Push Through the Line, 1x Shrug off Punishment
    T2: core 2, Combat Brute, 3x Extra Action Boosts
    T3: core 3, 3x Strike Twice, Momentum Swing, 3x Armor of Dusk,
    T4: core 4, Lay Waste, Untouchable, 3x Kick While They're Down,
    T5: Lacerator (or whichever you use), Legendary Rally, Dusk Surge, Action Hero

Shadowdancer: 13
    T1: core 1, 3x Stealthy, 1x Technician
    T2: core 2, 3x Lithe, 1x Dance in the Dark
    T3: core 3, Shadowstriker

Unyielding Sentinel: 1
    T1: Core 1