Default Looking for THF build for Heroic TR, mostly soloing

Hi Everyone. I'm looking for a Fighter build for my toon for whom I am building some heroic past lives. Past lives include 1 Fighter, 1 Barbarian, and am nearing 20 for a Cleric. The goal is to reach level 20 to keep heroic TR'ing. I have a decent collection of greataxes. Goal is survivability and DPS. Any race is on the table. The eventual goal is to build a character that can take a beating and take on reaper. I keep leaving and coming back to the game, so I'm still pretty naive.

Sorry for the bump. Can anyone help? Many of the bills that I see require multiple past lives, and I always get confused whether to favor strength or Constitution., DPS or survivability
    Last edited by ElrondElfKing; 12-01-2021 at 06:42 AM.

Aasimar 2-handed fighter 20

stats: max strength, then con, then wisdom (for will saves and Aasimar Healing Hands)

AP: 7 Aasimar cores for Healing Hands, 41 Kensei, 31 Stalwart Defender.

Feats: THF feats, Power Attack, Weapon Focus/Specialization feats, Improved Critical, Stunning Blow, Tactical DC bonuses, Heavy Armor feats

Don't take cleaves, Strikethrough from THF feats will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post

stats: max strength, then con, then wisdom (for will saves and Aasimar Healing Hands)

Feats: THF feats, Power Attack, Weapon Focus/Specialization feats, Improved Critical, Stunning Blow, Tactical DC bonuses, Heavy Armor feats

Thanks for the info. What are we taking in place of the cleaves? I do enjoy spamming the cleaves.

How would you assign points for stats for a 36 point build? (aasimar has +2 Wis?)

What about skill points?

Hero

Complete build. It doesn't require past lives to be functional. Easily solos heroic elite/R1. If you lack racial AP, then I'd drop 5 AP from VKF (keeping core 2 for Deflect Arrows) and put them in Aasimar for additional healing hand charges. If you're only going 1-20 with it, I'd shift some of the Tactical DC feats around to get them earlier.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

You can have Cleaves if you like.
    Here's how I would do the feats:

1 : Two Handed Fighting
    1 Fighter: Power Attack
    2 Fighter: Cleave
    3 : Weapon Focus: Slashing
    4 Fighter: Great Cleave
    6 : Improved Two Handed Fighting
    6 Fighter: Weapon Specialization: Slashing
    8 Fighter: Improved Critical: Slashing
    9 : Stunning Blow
    10 Fighter: Tactical Combatant
    12 : Tactical Mastery
    12 Fighter: Greater Two Handed Fighting
    14 Fighter: Heavy Armor Champion
    15 : Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing
    16 Fighter: Tactical Supremacy
    18 : Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing
    18 Fighter: Heavy Armor Master
    20 Fighter: Superior Weapon Focus: Slashing
    21 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
    22 Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting
    24 Epic : Tactical Training
    25 Destiny: Doublestrike
    27 Epic : Blinding Speed
    28 Destiny: Crush Weakness
    30 Epic : Epic Damage Reduction
    30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Complete build. It doesn't require past lives to be functional. Easily solos heroic elite/R1. If you lack racial AP, then I'd drop 5 AP from VKF (keeping core 2 for Deflect Arrows) and put them in Aasimar for additional healing hand charges. If you're only going 1-20 with it, I'd shift some of the Tactical DC feats around to get them earlier.
    Thanks for this. Two questions:

1. What would you take at level 3 instead of Completionist?

2. How would this build change for heavy armor? I have a decent stash of heavy armor, but no light or medium.

Quote Originally Posted by ElrondElfKing View Post
    1. What would you take at level 3 instead of Completionist?
    Shift everything up, and (as Carp' mentioned) jump ahead w/ some Tactical Feats.

You're only going to 18, banking 20 and then farming 20 tokens once at 20, so you could plan this as an 18-Level build and not worry too much about that last Feat. Add some Hvy Armor Mastery for more PRR.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Feats#Heavy..._Passive_Feats

(Me, I'd drop Toughness and take 2-3 of those, as they stack (it's not just an "upgrade"). +9-18 PRR is pretty nice.

2. How would this build change for heavy armor? I have a decent stash of heavy armor, but no light or medium.
    Am I missing where it's said that it's not a Hvy Armor build?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Shift everything up, and (as Carp' mentioned) jump ahead w/ some Tactical Feats.

You're only going to 18, banking 20 and then farming 20 tokens once at 20, so you could plan this as an 18-Level build and not worry too much about that last Feat. Add some Hvy Armor Mastery for more PRR.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Feats#Heavy..._Passive_Feats

(Me, I'd drop Toughness and take 2-3 of those, as they stack (it's not just an "upgrade"). +9-18 PRR is pretty nice.

Am I missing where it's said that it's not a Hvy Armor build?
    His armor set includes medium armor, and in the thread he mentions that he likes to run in light armor for the dodge bonus

Hero

His armor set includes medium armor, and in the thread he mentions that he likes to run in light armor for the dodge bonus
    The armor set is light armor.

Community Member

Thanks for this. Two questions:
    Not much (for just heroics) - move some AP around in Kensei and consider taking heavy armor feat(s) - Light armor is a requirement for evasion at lvl 26+
    Last edited by Caarb; 12-02-2021 at 08:47 AM.

How does dodge>mobility>spring attack work with heavy armor? I thought they were not compatible.

The armor set is light armor.
    So your idea is to sacrifice some AC for the dodge bonus? How does this affect your fighting style? Less toe to toe fighting, more bouncing around?

Community Member

How does dodge>mobility>spring attack work with heavy armor? I thought they were not compatible.
    You are taking spring attack for the active part (the charge) 3 feats is expensive but fighters have enough to play around with and any abundant step/charge ability has many useful applications.

Probably a Wood Elf Dex Based Kensai Acrobat
    If you are going light armor wanting high dodge as a melee
    You want Evasion and high Dex with just enough strength for TH feats

Besides Wood Elf carrying a stick makes sense
    You will not be as smart as most rogues so downplay rogue skills
    (if you take any of them at all)
    Unless it's a heavy split and you invest in any tree that gives bonuses to rogue skills it would be hard to keep up with them.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 12-02-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magaiti View Post

This!

This is pretty much what I am running my main as. With strikethrough, you don't need the cleaves as you will be hitting multiple mobs anyway. If you have the Racial AP's, take Bond of the Fallen for Aasmir and spec up to the ascended bond. It places vulnerability with every hit, which is huge. If not, get the protector bond for more survivability.
    Member: Circle of Night (Cristyle Sunn, Grygor Sunn, WarChild Sunn)
    Magic is a curious thing; full of hope and promise one minute, then someone summons a t-rex jet fighter to kill you.

Hero

So your idea is to sacrifice some AC for the dodge bonus? How does this affect your fighting style? Less toe to toe fighting, more bouncing around?
    I have 30% Dodge, 3500 HP and 255 PRR in light armor. I Spring Attack into a group of mobs, Improved Trip or Stunning Blow them then follow it up with Adrenaline + Boulder's Might. Then I move onto the next pack. This is on R10 at level cap. Since U50, I've gone from 30 reaper points to 98 on this build.

18. 12-02-2021, 05:55 PM

I have 30% Dodge, 3500 HP and 255 PRR in light armor. I Spring Attack into a group of mobs, Improved Trip or Stunning Blow them then follow it up with Adrenaline + Boulder's Might. Then I move onto the next pack. This is on R10 at level cap. Since U50, I've gone from 30 reaper points to 98 on this build.
    Can you use lootgen light armor? Because I have no light armor. What enchantments would I look for?