Default Pure caster with trapping

I don't know where to post this but good as any.

I find myself in a weird spot where I have really started to enjoy pure casting (Favored Soul and Palemaster) but I really dislike not being able to do trapping. I have played a ranged rogue/artificer pretty much since post level 16 was added to the game. My question is does anyone have a viable caster/DC build that uses either 1 artificer or rogue? Sadly I know losing the capstone on things like Palemaster is basically a deal breaker but maybe someone can point me in a doable direction. I duo with my wife and have always been the trap guy and don't want to lose that functionality. We want to play R6-R10 content so looking for something that is R10 viable.

Would love to be a favor soul but worried how much being 19/1 arti would ruin the class. Palemaster is great but losing Greater aura sounds like a bad idea. (maybe I am wrong and the lower version is all that is needed?) I was thinking maybe Alchemist but not sure how it would fair?

Anyone tried something that was a pure caster. Artificer pure casters don't seem be widely accepted as a great R10 class. Maybe that has changed?

To ensure viability I am thinking 19/1arti with getting evasion from Shadowdancer.

love any feedback!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysun View Post

I find myself in a weird spot where I have really started to enjoy pure casting (Favored Soul and Palemaster) but I really dislike not being able to do trapping. I have played a ranged rogue/artificer pretty much since post level 16 was added to the game. My question is does anyone have a viable caster/DC build that uses either 1 artificer or rogue? Sadly I know losing the capstone on things like Palemaster is basically a deal breaker but maybe someone can point me in a doable direction. I duo with my wife and have always been the trap guy and don't want to lose that functionality. We want to play R6-R10 content so looking for something that is R10 viable.

Would love to be a favor soul but worried how much being 19/1 arti would ruin the class. Palemaster is great but losing Greater aura sounds like a bad idea. (maybe I am wrong and the lower version is all that is needed?) I was thinking maybe Alchemist but not sure how it would fair?

Anyone tried something that was a pure caster. Artificer pure casters don't seem be widely accepted as a great R10 class. Maybe that has changed?

To ensure viability I am thinking 19/1arti with getting evasion from Shadowdancer.

love any feedback!
    If you want high DCs for Disarm, then wizard is really your best option. It’s not optimal, but doable.

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    If you want high DCs for Disarm, then wizard is really your best option. It’s not optimal, but doable.
    What is your thoughts on Artificer pure caster at R10? Also what type of wizard build would you be thinking?

What is your thoughts on Artificer pure caster at R10? Also what type of wizard build would you be thinking?
    look up hephesteus on forums for thoughts and guides on caster arti

love any feedback!

2/18 rogue/wizard is really good