Thread: Lost threads

Community Member

Default Lost threads

Having lost several thousand threads on Tuesday I've submitted 2 tickets via in-game support neither of which have been even acknowledged. Because of this, I posted a set of questions with regard to in-game support to the forums but so far I've received no responses to that either (See https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6480857 )

I'll re-post the questions here again in the hopes that maybe a Dev will respond:

1. Is there an in-game CS team for DDO still? i.e. Do GMs actually still exist?
    2. If there is a CS team, what are the working hours/days? Is it Mon - Fri, 9am to 5pm EST? Is it 24/7?
    3. Is there a ToR, SLA, or QOS for Customer Service? How long should it be before a ticket is even acknowledged? Not necessarily solved - but just an acknowledgement so we know that it's not just at the back of an infinite queue.
    4. Is there a prioritization process? If so, how are things prioritized - I imagine that players may have different concepts as to what should be a priority vs what you guys have on paper. For example, a broken toon or lost in-game items should be higher priority than a busted quest in most cases.
    5. Is there an escalation process for when tickets are not acknowledged or dealt with properly? If so, what is it and how is it accessed?

Some formal updates on support would be useful as this link (https://help.standingstonegames.com/...ntact-support-) really doesn't provide any useful information for dealing with in-game issues.
    Last edited by jamkriz; 11-19-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Manganese (Monk) , Arcflame (Wiz), Moncler (Drunk), Rhoque (Stick build), Arthee (Tosser), Complesean (Ranged Build),
    Haggail (Warchanter/Swash), Amandla (Pally), Bahrbie (Warlock), Alaniel (FvS)
    of Renowned

Quote Originally Posted by jamkriz View Post
    Some formal
    This is the mistake. It's a madhouse. Something is on fire (or the fire is sentient and it's angry), gravity is twisted at about 13 degrees, no one is in charge, and something with tendrils is growing down(ish(13 degrees)) *towards* the fire.

But no matter HOW you describe this "Customer Service", no matter what prism you choose to scry through, or how uncertain one may be regarding any glimpse thereof, there is one, and only one, absolute truth:

SSG is perfectly OK with it.

Oh, sure, Sev says They're working on it. Once a year. EVERY year. But trying to apply logic and reasoning, some kind of order, or even just a "grasp" of the task? Nahhh. Doesn't happen. It's a totally reactive system, flying blind but working oh so hard. Diligent and valiant, surely... but constantly overwhelmed and understaffed with narry a moment of respite nor a chance to peek above the din and the calamity to perhaps gleen some relative reckoning of the toil.

I do not disparage them! Nay, I commend them! It is a torture I do not wish on anyone. They deserve much more compensation then whatever they receive now.

Perhaps better questions would be: What happened to the Customer Service team when SSG was formed from Turbine/Warner Bros? Where did all these people go? Were they invited to SSG? Were they left behind? Where is the shared services, the economy of scale that being a part of Daybreak/EQ7 brings? Isn't there a well funded dedicated Customer Support team there? Isn't there money for it? Why is it taking so long? How old is SSG now?

It's sad that it's faster to redo/remake/recreate/restart things than it is to wait for help with a game you're passionate about.
    Last edited by Mindos; 11-19-2021 at 07:07 PM.