Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraiser View Post
    If you had posted this as "my favorite quests to do while leveling" that would have been one thing. But to post this as the leveling guide that stresses XP per minute seems like a disservice to the community.
    /cough its on the first line of the quest list..

The Levels
    You may not like my list, or want to add/remove quests .. Fill your boots .. this is MY list and its based on levels and the shortest path between quests . (for example I only do redfang because its literally on the way to house P and its a free 5k to run to the end)
    xp/min is about how fast YOU can get it done.. It takes me 9 mins to do chains thus it hits the target of 5k xp/min.. if you cant get it done that fast then your not going to hit the target.. and of course its not going to be a great quest for you. like wise.. I hate necro 1-3 and diplo.. and 99% of the time I solo so I would never bother with xorian .. It doesn’t mean they are bad, or better or worse xp/min .. it means I don’t like them and I didn’t include them in MY LIST!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraiser View Post
    You claim a record 1-20 of 8hrs 24mins. Is that playtime or overall time as well?
    real time from WW-WGU .. but the proper quote should be
    #7 what is your best 1-20 record
    A: (3.25Mxp) in 8hrs 24mins
    its based on the old xp schema and includes xp tomes, xp pots from dice and guild buffs.

side note: this is also the VERY best time during a period where I literally ran 24ish racials over 5-6 weeks to "get them done" been lazy 12hrs is a reasonable goal and most of my runs were between 10-14hrs real time

also, let me clarify the term xp/min ..

I'm NOT talking about the time of doing X quest in Y mins ...

I'm talking about maintaining a minimum of 5k/min xp in REAL TIME across ALL quests within a period of time ... ie: sitting down at your desk at 10:00am and starting WW to xp cap at 8:50pm and having dinner at 5

everything counts
    wasting 30 seconds running to house P ..
    or spending 10 seconds to summon a hire
    or 2 mins buffing or
    5 mins talking in guild
    20 seconds disarming a trap ..
    30 seconds 10 seconds here 2 mins there

ALL of that counts.. and this guide was nothing more than a check list of quests that works for me to maintain that 5k/min target. there’s no reason you couldn’t spend a week or a month doing it.. regardless you will hit 20..
    Last edited by Verlok_the_Red; 11-18-2021 at 07:27 PM.

not seeing how you got 14 barb 6 monk

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutti View Post
    I have 2 questions

1: Doesn't getting traps in high xp quests increase xp per minute because of the sheer amount of % bonus that traps give, and while you could be into the next quest faster wouldn't the extra xp gained from traps net a higher xp per minute in some cases?

2: Why 3.25M xp? Where did you get the other 0.55M go that a 3rd+ life character needs for 1-20? I know you said in your assumptions 3.25M I just don't know how that number is possible for required xp.
    Definitely 30% xp is good money but I am not soloing

Also I enjoy grabbing optionals the OP can run past them to go directly to the end but I'm grabbing that xp for the group

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Verlok_the_Red View Post
    there are 164 quest 24+ not including raids that can be done on r10 .. an average quest is around 9.5k per first time. You do the math!
    Ahhh, I misread and apologize for the misunderstanding. I thought you said 24+ legendary quests = 1.64m as you had mentioned right before that legendary quests provide double rxp.

Community Member

/ Snip
    "xp/min is about how fast YOU can get it done.. It takes me 9 mins to do chains thus it hits the target of 5k xp/min"

Please show me a video of you doing Chains in 9 minutes.

As you mention, the times are in real time and not quest time, so run time to the quest is included...Right?

"everything counts
    wasting 30 seconds running to house P .. "
    "I'm talking about maintaining a minimum of 5k/min xp in REAL TIME across ALL quests within a period of time ... ie: sitting down at your desk at 10:00am and starting WW to xp cap at 8:50pm"

Also, 9 * 5K = 45K. Can you share how you're getting 45K from this quest?

What's this old XP schema? Do you mean before, when we had to get MORE exp to hit 20?

#7 what is your best 1-20 record
    A: (3.25Mxp) in 8hrs 24mins

#8 what is your best 1-30 record
    A: 9hrs 58mins

#9 what is your best 20-30 record
    A: 2hrs 37mins
    There is something really wrong here.

If you did 1-30 in 9:58 then you either did 1-20 in less than 8:24 or 20-30 in less than 2:37 and most likely both. The fastests combined time cannot be lower than the sum of the fastest individual times! So, these numbers do not add up at all by simple math and lowers the credibility of the clain being made. You may want to recheck those numbers.

The heroic number of 3.8 mill xp in 8:25 is 7500 xp pr. minute - and not just quest time but real time.
    I do know some quests where I can do 7500 xp pr. minute if I zerg to the max - but thats just the quest time and only a few quests.
    If it is indeed possible to run that fast I simply cannot imagine how - unless you have a decicated team prepping quests for you
    Well, I guess it might have been possible back when there supposedly was a bug so you could use ED abilities during heroic levels - atleast I think there was such a bug at a point in time.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 11-27-2021 at 02:28 AM.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Love the thread OP.
    A lot of insights I wish more people would use.

Banking levels is just not efficient since XP/min gets better the higher level the quest.
    Consequently when thinking about TRs you should work backwards from the higher level stuff. I see a lot of people grinding out low level content and then skipping Vale and Sharn Docks at 18.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-u-r-eye View Post
    Love the thread OP.
    A lot of insights
    Same. Very nice things to think about
    Cannith - Blutwurst / Knackwurst

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12