Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A friend in need - Suggestions for a Shadar -Kai Druid life

Hello Everyone,

I need Help looking for a melee Wolf Form DPS, also, good equipments to start Lvl 15.

So my Idea is to use the Rogue life the best I can, and if it's needed to Multi-class the druid with the Rogue. unfortunately, I know nothing about the Druid class, I used to play a Half-Orc Bear form years ago
    but today I don't really know how to get the full potential of the Shadar-Kai build.

If you have good ideas for my project or see a good build around let me know about it.

Thanks in advance,

Astbury, BattlePriest - Sarlona
    Last edited by Astbury; 11-08-2021 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Forgot the Prefix

Also, I would like to know if I would get any benefit from TWF since the animal form only gets benefits from the main weapon, I mean if using TWF is not needed.

So.

I tried to make a DEX-based Quarterstaff Thief Acrobat wolf build. I learned quickly that the special attacks from the Thief Acrobat tree don't work in Wolf form (and I was sad).
    I am certainly not an expert builder and you may find more luck posting a request in this thread:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Build/page225

To answer your later question:
    Wolf/Bear builds take the Natural Fighting combat style feats, so while you can hold 2 weapons you'd only get the passive effects from the offhand weapon.
    Hence why on most Druid form builds they use a two-handed weapon like a falchion as they have higher base damage.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astbury View Post
    Also, I would like to know if I would get any benefit from TWF since the animal form only gets benefits from the main weapon, I mean if using TWF is not needed.
    The TWF/SWF/THF/Shield Mastery feats don't do anything for animal-form builds. Only Natural Fighting feats plus generic DPS feats like Power Attack or Improved Critical.

I just posted a pure wolf druid based on my pure bear druid. The gist of either build also works for, say, rogue 2 / druid 18 for SDK or any other race.

Or you ignore shapeshifting entirely and just use whatever's your favorite 6/6/8 template for farming a past life like, say, rogue 6 / ranger 6 / druid 8 Inquisitive. Or whatever the post-U51 meta is now.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

You used to be able to do chain in animal form. With the changes, does it still work? Because a 2 rog/18 dru chain bear tank sounds cool.

Community Member

Strimtom just recently put up a video on a druid 17/ranger 3 shadar-kai wolf. Easy enough to switch out ranger for rogue, and I think the possibility was mentioned in the video if you don't want to LR+1.

Winter Wolf (8 lvl of druid), Wis-based, Falconeer Tree (41 AP), SK Tree (18 AP). Rest for your fantasy. You can choose Natural Defender or Natural Warrior or even Assasin Tree. For feats: 3xNF, Presicion, IC:*. I prefer dagger, kukri or even hand axe. Even shadowblade (soveren nightmare) can be good.
    Last edited by Noyabrina; 01-17-2022 at 03:50 AM.