Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Default Shield clipping in wolf form

Because of all the changes I went back to my Druid Wolf and equiped a new shield (Dethek Runestone from Anniversary gift) and I noticed this shield was clipping in the Winter Wolf form body. The previous shield did not do this. I guess this shield is bugged?

And can we PLEASE do something about the distance the pets go stand next to you? I really don't get why it has to stand on the same spot as my own character 9 out of 10 times. Please have them keep a bit more distance because it's really annoying when I try to enter a dungeon or pick up an item they ALWAYS run right in front of it so I can't click it. And yes blame me for having multiple summons/pets but it would be WAY better if they just stayed a few feet behind me? And I don't even have the Owlbear and Lion out now. Just to prevent weird clipping issues also. The following images might not be TOS! So you're warned.

Last edited by ShifterThePirate; 11-07-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Community Member

If you make a cosmetic of any shield and equip the cosmetic also, the shield you are wielding will disappear.

Chickenplucker, Argo
    No.

You have options.
    If you are melee, play a str-based wolf. No need for a bird. Don't use pets either.
    If you are a healer/controler/caster, use elemental form. No bird, no pet.

The real question is why are you clicking environmental targets?
    Look into keymapping for ddo your entire world will change.
    I mean...have you really been clicking things for 6 years?
    The only way I see this as an obstruction is puzzles... but you have a hotbar for pets so...do you know what the commands on that are?
    Your pet must need attention if you are treating it like a summons...
    You have a little bit of control you know...as for your cosmetic or enhancement tree pets it's all about angles.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 11-16-2021 at 03:12 AM.

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

It's funny how most of your answers is always for a player to change and never for a developer to fix stuff.
    - You should just use other controls
    - You should play other build
    - You should just walk around using other camera angles
    - Just play the game different and those bugs will disappear!
    No **** captain obvious! That doesn't mean some players have issues with content that doesn't work properly! You can turn your head and not use that content but Druid pets are in the game. People payed to get Falconry so want to play with it. These issues are bugged or are not working properly and need to be addressed by developers. Not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Xugx_quetoxi View Post
    If you make a cosmetic of any shield and equip the cosmetic also, the shield you are wielding will disappear.

Chickenplucker, Argo
    Thanks for the one useful tip. I'll try that.
    Last edited by ShifterThePirate; 11-17-2021 at 09:36 AM.