Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Is it Obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Thank you for these reports, we are investigating.
    Looking at the patch logs various users have attached, the actual destination file name is preceeded by forward slash in the path instead of backslash.
    Is the fault that simple?

Community Member

We have now corrected this issue, but unfortunately for folks who already ran into it, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the game client. This had to do with a bad update file that has now been corrected, but unfortunately we can't fix this one file for people who ran into it.
    I'm still seeing the error. I am using Steam, I uninstalled via Steam then erased the directory and reinstalled but same error.

Community Manager

Using the Repair option in the launcher will also work for those who ran into this issue.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by ziskjason View Post
    I'm still seeing the error. I am using Steam, I uninstalled via Steam then erased the directory and reinstalled but same error.
    My understanding is this is a separate issue also being worked on.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

My understanding is this is a separate issue also being worked on.
    I'm completely new to this game and I just tried to install it thru steam... unfortunately I have the same problem. (just the number is little different)
    Should I just wait for the developers to fix it or can I do something by myself?

Last edited by sutz; 10-15-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by sutz View Post
    I'm completely new to this game and I just tried to install it thru steam... unfortunately I have the same problem. (just the number is little different)
    Should I just wait for the developers to fix it or can I do something by myself?

This has likely been fixed by our configuration change, so you may be able to use the Repair feature of the launcher to re-download the game files. If that does not work, a fresh install should set you up with the files that you need.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

Community Member

Default Worked!

We have now corrected this issue, but unfortunately for folks who already ran into it, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the game client. This had to do with a bad update file that has now been corrected, but unfortunately we can't fix this one file for people who ran into it.
    Uninstalled it and then downloaded again and this time it worked.

Thank you!

Community Member

Default Problem still persists

I'm having the same issue that is not resolved even after multiple reinstalls.

I'm using Steam and it always errors out after this screen:

https://imgur.com/a/87au2VZ

Community Member

Thank you for fixing this!

I ran the launcher with the "-disablepatch" flag (see: https://ddowiki.com/page/Launcher), so I could then go into the Options->Repair menu, and let it redownload everything again.

Was able to log in as normal after that!

Community Member

Thanks Cordovan and team for looking into this!

Currently re-downloading the client, let's see how we go.

Cheers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Perim View Post

I ran the launcher with the "-disablepatch" flag (see: https://ddowiki.com/page/Launcher), so I could then go into the Options->Repair menu, and let it redownload everything again.

This worked great.

FYI in the past some antiviruses was reporting false positives on some of the partial .dat downloads [and deleting them on-the-fly crashing updater], always make sure problem still exists after disabling antivirus
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Perim View Post

Heh, I just ended up opening the launcher half a dozen times until I was finally able to speed through the menu options quickly enough to run a repair before the patcher hit that broken file. Your way would have been a bit more elegant. :P

Founder

Angry

So much for having the issue fixed. Spent the last hour dealing with this problem. GEE Thanks

Community Member

I am still getting the error - I have uninstalled and installed twice.

Community Member

@SSG

I'm pretty irritated that you consider redownloading everything and a fresh installation as a normal solution.

Can't you fix only the corrupt file(s) or the stuff that's broken, as if, you know, you mastered your own software?

FYI, we don't all have super connections and YOU don't have good download speed and it takes me hours to redownload everything.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Hermeline View Post
    @SSG

I'm pretty irritated that you consider redownloading everything and a fresh installation as a normal solution.

Can't you fix only the corrupt file(s) or the stuff that's broken, as if, you know, you mastered your own software?

FYI, we don't all have super connections and YOU don't have good download speed and it takes me hours to redownload everything.
    A fresh installation is the last thing we want to announce, but if it is the main solution to a problem we unfortunately do sometimes need to recommend it. In this case, once the client is in a bad state, it doesn't have the ability to "roll back", so that's why a reinstallation (or, if you are technically savvy enough, a repair by deleting the offending bad .dats) is required.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

A fresh installation is the last thing we want to announce, but if it is the main solution to a problem we unfortunately do sometimes need to recommend it. In this case, once the client is in a bad state, it doesn't have the ability to "roll back", so that's why a reinstallation (or, if you are technically savvy enough, a repair by deleting the offending bad .dats) is required.
    Trying to get back into the game and getting this error on a fresh download and install as of today.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hermeline View Post
    @SSG

You are speaking to a company that has excluded french and german players entirely from the game. By not removing the 10 year old, not functioning, not readable launcher from steam.
    This old Launcher was made by Turbine once these languages where supported. Players from these countries have to hit keys on their keyboard blind to get rid of several error messages that have white text on white background and white buttons to start the launcher. That means you have to accept several Licence agreements that you can't read, before you are able to change the language.
    And if you don't know, that changing the language is the key to be able to start the game, then yes.. you'll go away and play some MMOs that fit in the post 2005 world.
    So don't expect too much here.

@Community Manager: I have the same issue. I re-downloaded the game, used the uninstaller.exe inside the game folder and also used the repair function from the launcher and finally the one from steam. Nothing helps. And this is the first installation since december 2019

000000005.469: Data patching failed with error 0x81930003
    000000005.469: ----CRASH REPORT START----
    000000005.469: Program fault: ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) trying to write to 0xFFFFFFFF
    000000005.469: Detailed report:

Current local time: Sat Oct 30 11:01:06 2021

Version Report generated by CoreVersion : 2.0.143.1 (0x0200008F):
    Language: Englisch (Vereinigte Staaten)
    CompanyName : Standing Stone Games, LLC.
    FileDescription :
    FileVersion : 5000.0050.2292.4018
    InternalName : dndLauncher
    LegalCopyright : Copyright ? 2016-2021 Standing Stone Games, LLC.
    OriginalFilename : dndLauncher.exe
    ProductName : dndLauncher
    ProductVersion : 5000.0050.2292.4018 dnd
    Comments : compiled Tue Oct 19 19:36:57 2021 : NoBuildMode
    TurbineBuildVersion : 5000.0050.2292.4018.NoBuildMode
    TurbineType : Admin Internal

000000005.469: ----CRASH REPORT END----
    System:
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    Processor: Intel i7 4k
    Last edited by BinaryS; 10-30-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morienda View Post
    This worked great.
    Hoping it works here too. Fresh install on my new hard-drive through Steam yesterday and encountered this right away. Unfortunate that this is the first experience a new person would have if trying out the game (and likely deciding not to).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast