Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default A real challange - 10 round competition - 1st prize is 350 Astral Shards

It is time for a bit of friendly competition to see just how good you are at DDO!

Take a short break from running past lives or reaper xp and show your and everyone else what you can do - hopefully having fun doing so

Prizes
    The first prize will be 350 astral shard delivered to your server by means of the ASAH (I am paying for this prize from my own pocket purchasing 500 astral shards which I will then use to buy a useless item you post on the ASAH). In order to win the first prize you must have completed atleast 10 of the 20 quests featured.

Total points scored (must have done atleast 10 quests out of 20):
    1st place: 350 astral shards
    2nd place: 500 ddo points

Randomly drawn between everyone else that did atleast 5 quests lottery style proportionally to points scored:
    1 DDO point card with 500 points.
    21 DDO point cards each with 100 points.

Each round based on points scored in that round:
    3 DDO point cards each with 100 points.

A total of 350 shards and 6100 DDO points.

The DDO point cards are courtesy of Cordovan, much appreciated. The astral shards are paid by me. As the host I am not eligible to win any prices. DDO point card cores will be delievered by PM this forum. If fewer people have taken part the extra DDO points will go unused.

Rules
    There will be 10 rounds. One round will be posted every Monday (or the Sunday just before) - round 1 on October 11th, round 10 on December 13th. The competion thus ends in early January.

Each round will feature two quests at the same or nearly the same level. No challenges will be included unlike back in 2015.

Only runs on reaper mode may score points and only runs with no more than 1 death per character. I do realise that luck with spawns plays a role in reaper runs but that is how it is and not something I can change so thats simply part of the game.

During each round you will have 3 weeks to complete either or both of these quests and post a screenshot of your completion(s). A 3 week window should allow ample time for most people to get around to participating if they wish. Make sure the screenshot properly shows the reaper level, number of deaths, if you were solo and that the quest was indeed completed. The screenshot also has to the stats page of the character sheet - we want to be able to see what build was used! Cheating is almost surely possible but I expect everyone to play honerably.

Different characters may be used for each quest and each round if thats desired.

Scoring
    5 points + the reaper level of the quest with the following adjustments
    - +3 points if only 1st lifers are in the run
    - +2 points if truly solo OR +1 point if solo with hirelings and/or a boxed buff bard
    - +1 point if no deaths
    - +1 point for running the quest with characters that are (all) lower in level than the posted level for the quest.
    Each quest is only scored once (best score) for each player even if posting multiple completions. For group runs every player in the group will get the points.

1 point for posting a video of a run of either or both quests

3 points for fastest solo run (each quest) +2 additional points if a video of the run is posted (in addition to the 1 point for posting a video at all). 1st life characters get a reduction of 25% to their recorded time to make it somewhat competitive vs veteran characters.

3 points for fastest group run (each quest) +2 additional points if a video of the run is posted. Groups entirely with 1st life characters get a reduction of 25% to their recorded time to make it somewhat competitive vs veteran characters

Fastest group run only scores points if the time is faster than the fastest solo run - and the same player cannot get points for fastest run both solo and grouped. Having hirelings and/or a boxed bard counts as solo for this.

In the case of ties whoever posted first wins.

Round 1 - level 5 quests
    Round 2 - level 6 quests

Round 3 - level 7 quests
    Round 4 - level 9 quests

Round 5 - level 10 quests
    Round 6 - level 11 quests

Round 7 - level 12 quests
    Round 8 - level 13 quests

Round 9 - level 14 quest
    Round 10 - level 15 quests
    Last edited by mikarddo; 12-13-2021 at 04:39 AM.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Round 1.

Run The Legend of Two-Toed Tobias and The Mystery of Delaras Tomb with characters that are at most level 7.
    https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Legend_of_Two-Toed_Tobias
    https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Mystery_of_Delera%27s_Tomb

Deadline to post completions for this round is November 1st. Round 1 is now closed.

Best of luck everyone!

If any streamers would want to help promote this little competition it would be greatly appreciated. The more people know about it and either join in or just follow the competition the better for the DDO community

Magnus_Arcanis: 39 (TTT 17, Delaras 16, video 1, speed run w/ video 5)
    Mikarddo: 37 (TTT 14, Delaras 14, video 1, speed run 3, speed run w/ video 5)
    Cardo: 28 (TTT 15, Delaras 12, video 1)
    Stratimics: 28 (TTT 15, Delaras 12, video 1)
    Draconica: 28 (TTT 15, Delaras 12, video 1)
    RoyArne: 23 (TTT 13, Delaras 10)
    Saekee: 22 (TTT 13, Delaras 9)
    DareDelvis: 21 (TTT 11, Delaras 10)
    Zargarx: 21 (TTT 11, Delaras 10)
    Szling: 20 (TTT 10, Delaras 10)
    MIvan: 15 (TTT 7, Delaras 7, video 1)

Fastests runs sofar
    TTT group: 4:16 [5:41] by MikarDDO and guildie (who may post later)
    TTT: 4:30 [5:58] by Magnus_Arcanis
    Delaras group:
    Delaras: 1:33 [2:03] by MikarDDO

Winners of 100 points codes of the week are
    Magnus_Arcanis
    Cardo
    Stratimics
    Last edited by mikarddo; 11-01-2021 at 04:42 PM.

Community Member

Two undead-heavy quests... interesting

I gave this morningstar to some lvl 4 mule I had. Went in Tobias on glorious R1. I died to the orange named at the first shrine. Then I called Elieri to help. And then I died again, simultaneously with the boss. Got a completion, but two deaths, so no points.

(also, this is a bump)
    Last edited by cru121; 10-10-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Two undead-heavy quests... interesting

I gave this morningstar to some lvl 4 mule I had. Went in Tobias on glorious R1. I died to the orange named at the first shrine. Then I called Elieri to help. And then I died again, simultaneously with the boss. Got a completion, but two deaths, so no points.

(also, this is a bump)
    Cheers, yeah, I figured undeads would be a good challenge to start with. Next round will not be undeads though
    I hope to see you post again - and get some points

To get the ball rolling - and showing that anyone can get some points

Delaras, first lifer w/ bard buffer and hirelings on R1. I died once. Actually it was after the completion but as the death does show up on the screenshot I wont claim a point for not dying.

10 Points : 5 (base) + 1 (R1) + 3 (first lifer) + 1 ("solo" with hired help).

Adjusted time: 8:26

Last edited by mikarddo; 10-10-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Community Member

I am sure you all know it... but the minimum level to enter lvl 5 quests is 3. I thought it's two. Gotta rethink two of my level 2 characters I imagined.

I am sure you all know it... but the minimum level to enter lvl 5 quests is 3. I thought it's two. Gotta rethink two of my level 2 characters I imagined.
    Unlike in the 2015 edition you do not get more points for being further below level. This time you only get 1 point for being below level without counting how far below level. But I sure would love to see a level 3 completion!

Community Member

Ah so max level 6 for full points? Whole lotta options!

Community Member

Curiosity - How do you prove no one else was in the run with you if they didn't do anything to get on the stat sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by boredGamer View Post
    Curiosity - How do you prove no one else was in the run with you if they didn't do anything to get on the stat sheet?
    As noted in the OP. "Cheating is almost surely possible but I expect everyone to play honorably."
    Its not something I really care to debate further as there is little I can do about it anyway - so, play nice

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    It is time for a bit of friendly competition to see just how good you are at DDO!

Take a short break from running past lives or reaper xp and show your and everyone else what you can do - hopefully having fun doing so

Prizes
    The first prize will be 350 astral shard delivered to your server by means of the ASAH (I am paying for this prize from my own pocket purchasing 500 astral shards which I will then use to buy a useless item you post on the ASAH). In order to win the first prize you must have completed atleast 10 of the 20 quests featured.

In addition everyone completing atleast 5 of the 20 quests will have a chance at a 500 DDO point card* courtesy of Cordovan. The winner of this will be drawn proportionally to the number of points scored.

There may also be some 100 point DDO cards in play depending on how many join in the fun.

* If the ddo point card is for some reason not available the prize may instead be in astral shards bought by me.

Rules
    There will be 10 rounds. One round will be posted every Monday (or the Sunday just before) - round 1 on October 11th, round 10 on December 13th. The competion thus ends in early January.

Each round will feature two quests at the same or nearly the same level. No challenges will be included unlike back in 2015.

Only runs on reaper mode may score points and only runs with no more than 1 death per character. I do realise that luck with spawns plays a role in reaper runs but that is how it is and not something I can change so thats simply part of the game.

During each round you will have 3 weeks to complete either or both of these quests and post a screenshot of your completion(s). A 3 week window should allow ample time for most people to get around to participating if they wish. Make sure the screenshot properly shows the reaper level, number of deaths, if you were solo and that the quest was indeed completed. The screenshot also has to the stats page of the character sheet - we want to be able to see what build was used! Cheating is almost surely possible but I expect everyone to play honerably.

Different characters may be used for each quest and each round if thats desired.

Scoring
    5 points + the reaper level of the quest with the following adjustments
    - +3 points if only 1st lifers are in the run
    - +2 points if truly solo OR +1 point if solo with hirelings and/or a boxed buff bard
    - +1 point if no deaths
    - +1 point for running the quest with characters that are (all) lower in level than the posted level for the quest.
    Each quest is only scored once (best score) for each player even if posting multiple completions. For group runs every player in the group will get the points.

1 point for posting a video of a run of either or both quests

3 points for fastest solo run (each quest) +2 additional points if a video of the run is posted (in addition to the 1 point for posting a video at all). 1st life characters get a reduction of 25% to their recorded time to make it somewhat competitive vs veteran characters.

3 points for fastest group run (each quest) +2 additional points if a video of the run is posted. Groups entirely with 1st life characters get a reduction of 25% to their recorded time to make it somewhat competitive vs veteran characters.
    Think you mean 'prize' mate. Re: Topic
    Bricks-1 - Halfling Backstab
    Ghallanda/HCL

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalas View Post
    Think you mean 'prize' mate. Re: Topic
    Indeed, I do. English isn't my first language and I get those two mixed up from time to time.
    Thanks for pointing it out - not sure if I can change it though.

Wasn't trying to be nit picky it just could be read as an entry requirement, bit like a poker ante.

Peace bro
    Bricks-1 - Halfling Backstab
    Ghallanda/HCL

Saekee main page for reference

SDK dex assassin, typical build with VKF daggers.
    I only have about 26 reaper points, 6 racial PLs, 8 heroic PLs, no iconic PLs, epic completionist. So not bad but not uber.
    I am not doing this build specifically for the competition, as I think there are vastly better options out there. I just so happen to want to try an SDK assassin so why not?
    Last edited by Saekee; 10-25-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Default TTT and Delera

TTT--R4, no hirelings, 1 level under. solo, no hirelings. 13min, 46 sec. Points: 13
    Delera's. This was rough. R1, solo, no hirelings, died after finishing, 1 level under. solo. Points: 9
    I might redo Delera's.

These were rough for an assassin with daggers and no assassinate yet...

Last edited by Saekee; 10-14-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    TTT--R4, no hirelings, 1 level under. solo. 13min, 46 sec. Points: 13
    Delera's. This was rough. R1, no hirelings, died after finishing, 1 level under. solo. Points: 9
    I might redo Delera's.
    Excellent, thank you for posting. I will have to try TTT myself also. I only tried Delaras sofar.
    Lets hope more people decide to join in the fun.

TTT, first lifer w/ bard buffer and hirelings on R4. I died once so I guess I need to go back for a better run.

13 Points : 5 (base) + 4 (R4) + 3 (first lifer) + 1 ("solo" with hired help).

Community Member

Any tips where to stand... swim in Tobias to safely turn the valve? To avoid stuff falling from above.

Community Manager

Have fun on a cool event!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Any tips where to stand... swim in Tobias to safely turn the valve? To avoid stuff falling from above.
    In my experience - pull and start swimming just when the animation is about to end. That way you are out of reach when the stuff hits the ground. I died to that at first as well

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast