Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Default Forgotten Axe not dropping in heroic Black and Blue?

So I've ransacked almost 4 characters in my search for the forgotten axe with mostly full parties running heroic elite Black and Blue and have seen all named items drop multiple times except the Forgotten Axe. What gives? Am I just unlucky? Does this item have a lower drop rate than the others? Was its drop rate changed? Was it removed from the game?

Why don't all quests have runes that can be turned in for named items so we aren't running the same quests until our eyeballs bleed annoying not only our guild mates but everyone on the server with our begging for help to pull one item?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    ...so we aren't running the same quests until our eyeballs bleed annoying not only our guild mates but everyone on the server with our begging for help to pull one item?
    This qualifies as 'gameplay' in DDO. Hi Welcome.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

This is basically why I didn't like the moving from guaranteed rewards in Catacombs to random drops : There is no certaint. Only "randominty", so to say.

The axe must exist, though, because someone was able to post a picture into the Wiki : https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Forgotten_Axe

The only other possibility is, that this thing is like Jibber's Blade ... read : extremely low drop rate at all ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Okay so after ransacking 4 characters and giving up for a while I went back with a 5th and spent the 40 odd astral shards that I had saved up doing loot rerolls over 3 runs and on my last reroll that I could afford the stupid axe turned up!

And OMG it is surpassing my expectations really for how good it is, I just wish I had 6 Fighter levels already so I could take the +1 crit multiplier to make it even better.

What I wonder though is from a numbers perspective will the Axe of the Unseen Blow be better if I could track one down at level 14? The x4 crit multiplier and high base damage is certainly attractive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index