So I just came back after like 6 years off. I was reading about Cannith and decided to give it a whirl. Of course I discovered the dreaded collectables part. I spent way too much money on this game back in the day so I have a bunch of DDO points. I decided to give a Collectables box a whirl for 95 points. I figured why not maybe I get lucky. So I grab a Tier 2, because I needed Tier 2 items, and the tool tips states "Receive 3 stacks of collectables with random chances of a rare etc.". Only when I use it I got like 6 different collectables but no "stacks". To me a stack means 10.

I think well maybe my bag sucked them up or something so I turned off auto gather and then bought another Tier 2 box. Again I get like 5 collectables and one of them is a stack of 2.

Am I doing something wrong or did they really make it so you spend 95 DDO points to get 4 or 5 collectables?

Let me be honest I am not a whale, I was a long time ago, I would never spend 100's of dollars to make a level 5 item. I am just having a hard time believing that they honestly expect people to pay 95 DDO points to get 4 or 5 collectables that are a stack of one.

I did see the random one for much cheaper and gave it a whirl, again I know it is basically gambling, I bought two for the heck of it and they do give 3 stacks of ten but in two boxes 2 of the 3 items were the same. So again it would appear they would expect someone to drop hundreds if not thousands of DDO points to get the stack of ABC item you need to craft.

Is that really the state of Cannith crafting? Drop thousands of DDO points and hope to get lucky or just run the same low level stuff over and over again to collect what you need?