Exclamation Spells Missing from Arti after ER/RR

I'm playing an 18 ROG/2 ARTI build, Halfling race.

Planned it out for three lives in a row, going 1 to 30, then Epic Reincarnating to 20, followed by Racial Reincarnation back to 1. First time I did this, going back into Arti all the spells I took the first life were missing from the pick options for the second one. That meant no Enchant Weapon, Enchant Armor, or Curative Admixture were available to pick at level 1. Also we not on the list for level 2.

Made it back to lvl 30, did the whole plan above again, and this time all the spells I took the second life at build were missing, and the spells that were missing in life 2 were back. Screenshot attached.

I didn't see this reported anywhere else, but has anyone else seen this issue?

Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Vren - Kreena - and many others

Community Member

Check your spell book. When you ETR you keep your spell book (or at least a few years ago you did). This is also true if you are a wizard. I assume it is also true of Alchemists since all 3 inscribe spells.

Community Member

I believe you are simply learning spells that are not in your spell-book and the rest are already in it.

Ah, yeah... that is what I thought at first too. However, the 2nd reincarnation (the Racial one) should reset that and give me the full list again. It's not doing that, so those spells are not available at lvl 1, and are not in my book when I am done creating the "new me."

When you Epic Reincarnate the spells you have already learned remain in your spell book.

If you TR (Heroic or Racial) right after doing an Epic Reincarnation without relogging you lose access to the spells you already know.
    (basically bad programming as the reset mechanism occurs after restarting the client not on log out/in).

You end up starting your new Heroic life without access to any spells you had from your old life and can only select spells that you did not have inscribed or selected levelling the prior life.
    This issue only occurs when reincarnating into a class that you had on the prior life that inscribes spells.. Alchemist, Artificer, Wizard..

The only way to regain these lost spells at this point is to inscribe them or wait until the next TR life and hopefully remember to relog your client before doing a regular reincarnation.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 09-23-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    When you Epic Reincarnate the spells you have already learned remain in your spell book.

If you TR (Heroic or Racial) right after doing an Epic Reincarnation without relogging you lose access to the spells you already know.
    (basically bad programming as the reset mechanism occurs after restarting the client not on log out/in).

You end up starting your new Heroic life without access to any spells you had from your old life and can only select spells that you did not have inscribed or selected levelling the prior life.
    This issue only occurs when reincarnating into a class that you had on the prior life that inscribes spells.. Alchemist, Artificer, Wizard..

The only way to regain these lost spells at this point is to inscribe them or wait until the next TR life and hopefully remember to relog your client before doing a regular reincarnation.
    It is issues like this that have caused me to create a habit of closing the client before clicking on the 'reincarnate' option on the character selection screen. It seems to be a caching issue by its description (namely not clearing the cache locally on the client)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Awesome! Thank you for the work around (and explanation of why it's happening)!

So from now on I will reincarnate, then quit the client completely, then log back in and reincarnate again. Hopefully that will do the trick then.