Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Default Autocast/Always on Builders

So I saw Unyielding Sentinel and Draconic Incarnation have been previewed today and while I'm excited to see the release notes it got me thinking about their possible builder/spender mechanics.

Draconic was the one where I instantly realised that there wasn't a great "builder" option in the current framework.

What does a fearsome dragon have? Aura of fear!

So make the "builder" for Draconic an aura that applies fear to enemies within 30ft and provides one Arcane charge whenever a fear stack is applied to an enemy at most once every 6 seconds.

Unyielding Sentinel could have a defence aura that provides a friendly defensive buff to self or any ally struck by an enemy and provide a martial charge whenever the buff is applied (every 6 seconds).

What other passive builder or spender options can you think of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Builder/spenders are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post

really? wonderful news!
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises

Community Member Riddle_of_Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    I pray to the 12 that you aren't pulling legs here. I was 10,000% not interested in, excited by, or happy with the entire mechanic. If I wanted to mash an optimal rotation (or just running a macro) for DPS I'd be playing WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyune View Post
    I used a bunch of my hoarded Bigby's Guiding Hands to make a Rainbow on a bridge in the Feywild Wilderness area
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    DDO was my MMO of choice because it didn't require a lot of mindless grind back in the day. Now it's my MMO of choice due to inertia and apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle_of_steel View Post
    if i wanted to mash an optimal rotation for dps i'd be playing wow
    Quoted. For. Truth.
    A little known fact - If you die in Ohio, you also die in real life. The same is true for many other U.S. States!

Community Member

They did remove it. Everyone is happy about that. It was too much to keep track of on top of keeping track of so much other stuff. Please dont ever add something like that again, unless you plan on letting DDO have ADD ONS that keep track of abilities, buffs, debuffs.. etc.. Like in WOW. , but in the end, I prefer not having that mechanic at all. At least its gone now. Thank you.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Quote Originally Posted by cmecu View Post
    They did remove it. Everyone is happy about that. It was too much to keep track of on top of keeping track of so much other stuff. Please dont ever add something like that again, unless you plan on letting DDO have ADD ONS that keep track of abilities, buffs, debuffs.. etc.. Like in WOW. , but in the end, I prefer not having that mechanic at all. At least its gone now. Thank you.
    Yeah no thanks to having something to track builder spenders just get rid of it completely is the best way forwards

Still waiting to see what we are left with but ranged as in current on live already plays like a builder spender with the big spike damage and the combination of attacks leading up to it