Community Member

Post How one UI element ruined my whole build

Welcome to my first forum post.

The title is a bit of a exaggeration but also kinda true.

Yesterday I TRed into a new build, a babarian/druid but the character creation menu stopped me right away.

When selecting my alignment I accidently clicked on lawful neutral and because the dropdown menu is right above the "create" button I also created that character with the same click.

Now I can't take level as a babarian, which means I am not able to play my build this life.

The point of this post is that I would like to see the "create" button get changed in a way that you can't accidently press it while selecting your alignment.

In my head are two options how to solve this problem.

1. Make the classic "Are you really sure you want to proceed with your current selection. You can't go back from this point forward. I am very serious! Yes/No". That would be one more click in the character creation, but you only have to do it once per life.

2. Just delete the button because there is another one in the bottom left corner.

I know of at least one other person to whom this happened, luckily he could still play his build. The alignment selection is always the tense moment for me in charakter selection and it shouldn't be one.

It's also not the problem of my resolution because my friend has another resolution and the dropdown menu is in the same awkward spot for him.

I would like to hear your opinion, do you guys have other ideas to solve that problem or is it even a problem for you at all.

Never had that happen to me. Did you double click or was this a single click?

Default The same, but different!

Did you know that if you click back to a previous screen, to maybe check something, not even changing it, and then come back to the final screen that the alignment changes to the default from whatever you had before?

Good times knowing you didn't make any changes and clicking create and then surprise wrong alignment!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Never had that happen to me. Did you double click or was this a single click?
    I may have accidently double clicked, sometimes I got a bit of a trigger finger and somtimes my old mouse does the double click without me agreeing.

So I guess you could argue that the mistake was on my part but I still think the button shouldn't be there in the first place.

But I am also no game designer, this is just my opinion and my experience.
    Last edited by Aaabbbcccddd; 09-20-2021 at 05:51 AM.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

/signed

Did you try making a ticket ingame with a link to this thread? Simple thing to have fixed and a reasonable request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    /signed

Did you try making a ticket ingame with a link to this thread? Simple thing to have fixed and a reasonable request.
    That's a good idea. I probably should do that.

There's another way to avoid this (in case this doesn't get fixed):

First don't fill in your name for now.
    Second select your alignment.
    Third now fill in your name - as long as you haven't chosen a name the "Create" button is grayed out.

As a work around you can buy an alignment change in the DDO store.