Community Member

Default Quest Needel in a fey stack

Howdy, my question: if an animal i have to hunt in this quest is getting out of sight (due to other mobs or so), how do i find it? Do I have to run all over the map? Afaik its not signed on the map (like the greedy dragon)

thx for help!

Gz FJ
    Cannith - Blutwurst / Knackwurst

Community Member

I'd start by guessing where it went, so once it gets out of sight just head the last direction you saw it going. I think they slow down to a walking speed when they are away from you for a bit because they're no longer frightened. If you have any CC or any way to get CC (that you can make work, if you're a dex focused melee for example then Trip or Stunning Blow probably won't work, may as well still try in case they roll a 1 I guess) then that helps tremendously. Depending on what your build is and what level you're running at it may also be possible to one shot one or more of the animals so there is a little less chasing.

Community Member

Ok, cc seems to be a good thing (so in my actual wl life i could have colour him (talking about heroic)), and finally I get the (what was it ? the raven?) target, but Im still uncertain if it was luck or if I had found it at the place I lost him...was running to badly around I couldnt remember.

Did this only twice before, and with the pally I insta killed all these animals directly.

So if someone has more information, thx!

GZ FJ
    Cannith - Blutwurst / Knackwurst

it is a pain. was doing a r10 needle - had enough cc for everything but the raven. raven takes off and we have to spend about 15 minutes combing the area for it. so frustrating

5. 09-17-2021, 04:24 PM

Community Member

I lost it, and couldn't see the icon on the map to show where it was, so I went and had dinner and came back and could see it on the map. It's easier with a ranged character, my inquisitor was able to burn every form down to get to the egg well before it got very far. In any case, it will eventually show up, the wiki states the dragon will eventually make it's way back to the arch whether you are following it or not.

there is an icon on the map, the issue is that it blends in really well, not sure why they picked such a neutral color. What I have done in the past when I fall behind and can't see it on the screen is to 'full screen' the map and play a game of "radar operator", eventually it passes through a color it can be seen when over, then I head out.

If there is a change, I would suggest for this quest it would be - make the "needles " map icon bolder and brighter.

I've also found these 'truths'
    1. they are generally heading towards the cave initially, sometimes making a beeline to the cave will help you catch up to where it is.
    2. there is no need to follow the dragon - just head to the cave. He will show up.
    3. don't kill the raven on the log bridge - egg will be unreachable to interact with (it always seems to spawn outside or in the wall of the bridge)

AND... 20 MINUTES LATER i'M STILL WAITING AT THE DURN CAVE FOR THE DRAGON THAT ESCAPED.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

What a broken down piece of garbage quest. Really? You expect a 1st life 28 point build with 15 striding to catch the multiple incarnations, and then when you obviously can't, I'm to sit around and wait for at least half an hour? Maybe more? I mean... if you can kill him quickly god bless you. But on a new player build that aint happening.

OMG... the deer "no special marking beside being level 8" was just parked all the way on the other side of the quest. Making no move to come back. I finally got them. Still a huge time sink for nothing.
    Last edited by krimsonrane; 02-18-2022 at 05:58 PM.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    What a broken down piece of garbage quest. Really? You expect a 1st life 28 point build with 15 striding to catch the multiple incarnations, and then when you obviously can't, I'm to sit around and wait for at least half an hour? Maybe more? I mean... if you can kill him quickly god bless you. But on a new player build that aint happening.
    dont solo.

get friends with cc

play ranged they dont have a ton of hp in heroics

dont run with 15 striding. get the boots from korthos and have 25%