Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    This is a wizarding guide to leveling your main naked, without a filled epic destiny as per U51, and completing reaper quests in <1 minute on your main.

To make use of this guide you need two things. First you need an Alt account, and second you need Deep Gnome wizard iconic unlocked on it.

Now what you are going to do is make Deep Gnome Iconic wizards on that alt account to party with your naked main account. There is a 3 level span before power leveling penalties in heroics, and none in epics so we will make level 5, 9, 13, and 17, and 30 iconic Deep Gnome wizards on the alt account. Nuking is OP in heroics, so we will make the heroic DG wizards nukers, and THF melee is OP in legendary, so we will make the 30 iconic DG wizard a THF T5 EK/C6 PM melee.

We will xp stone our main to level 2, then party with the level 5 Alt Wizard. The 5 Alt Wizard ill fireball and acid blast a reaper dungeon down except the boss, then alt tab out with death aura running to stay alive while we run our main to the quest. Death Auras on the Alt Wizard will let it alt-tab out and survive while you run your main to the dungeon. Once our main zones in, the 5 Alt Wizard will complete the quest by finishing boss off. Our main then goes back and sits in town until the next dungeon is prepped so the XP potion doesn't get used up.

The 5 Alt Wizard never takes a level, never regears, and always stays level 5 forever. Our main levels, never gears since it never fights, and only has a master's gift augment item and stack of invis scrolls to UMD to go through explorer zones.

When our main hits level 6, we hand it off to the level 9 Alt Wizard, at 10 gets handed off to the 13 wizard, and at 14 gets handed off to the 17 wizard. When we hit 20 on our main, we hand it to the level 30 Alt Wizard.

By completing dungeons in <1 minute on our main, we can make a 6 hour 50% xp potion last more than 360 quests, or 6-10 past lives, and more favor than it required to buy the potion in the first place so we can 50% XP potion indefinitely while still gaining DDO points.

We can skip epic quests unless we need Tokens of the Twelve (where we can pass additional ones with Alt Wizard) and level in legendary reaper quests in legendary (where reaper xp is doubled).

We never have to regear or rebuild anything, ever, and we are always making first time bonus reaper xp per quest. Oh, and we don't even need to own epic destinies on our main account.

Since we are leveling quickly, we will simply skip all longer dungeons which accrue time penalties for late entry, and the 50% xp potion and first time bonus means we will have tons of extra XP to do so.
    I am faster with my main at lvl 2, than alt at lvl5 geared...

This seems not fun at all. The risk is stop playing.
    I actually stopped using pots while lvling. I use it at 18 with all sagas.
    Using xp pots put me in a hurry and losing fun
    I hope all fun playing the game.
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    guild: not Flagged ( ex guardiani di eberron, ex gods, ex kvp)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    I am faster with my main at lvl 2, than alt at lvl5 geared...
    A lot of people are using same build anyways for various reasons. From cost of respecs in terms of tool kits to just liking certain builds and playstyles. I think will push the level 5 alt to 6, to do sorc or swash + chains SDK with Sky Pirates/Flotsam. I think 6/9/12/15/18/30 is a better sequence of alts.

By having a mix of melee and caster playstyles or whatever works best at a given level bracket, this may very well end up more varied than what people play.

Community Member

A provocative post. I am trying out a deep gnome PM to see how it goes (never played a PM before).
    I tried to create a signature with just my toon names on my main server and the list was too big to fit in the signature box. 45 toons on Orien. 250 total (as of 1/8/21).
    My name is Maidenstalker and I am an altoholic.

Community Member

A recent change now penalizes a late-entering player to a quest with a significant XP penalty that is on the order of the amount a +50% pot gives.

Just noticed this recently when I was running an alt account into quests late. The message is something like: "you arrived late and contributed little" and it gives a 50% XP debuff. Running a +50% XP pot I was about breaking even on the deal.

I went back to having both characters enter quests at the beginning, which of course caused moderate scaling, and the XP penalty went away.

Just an FYI.

I think I am getting less XP on the deal since it takes me 8-9 minutes to complete most quests, whereas I was taking about 3 minutes off the pot before on each quest. So 3x the pot usage for 50% more XP.
    Last edited by KoobTheProud; 03-05-2022 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    A recent change now penalizes a late-entering player to a quest with a significant XP penalty that is on the order of the amount a +50% pot gives.
    This is not a recent change. It has been the case since at least 2010, and likely 2006. However, this penalty doesn't kick in until 10 minutes after the quest has opened: 2010 Dev Comment

This grind rarely runs into 10 min quests. Tilo is using Wizard because while there are alternatives, nothing is as satisfying as a Wizard. Not even sure how anyone plays anything but a Wizard. Best thing about a Wizard for these purposes is it can kill all sorts of different ways to keep things spicy. No boring cleave cleave cleave.
    Varr's all over. Cannith Varr getting the love currently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12