Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default U51 Wizarding guide to naked, ED-less, reaper leveling with <1 minute quests.

This is a wizarding guide to leveling your main naked, without a filled epic destiny as per U51, and completing reaper quests in <1 minute on your main.

To make use of this guide you need two things. First you need an Alt account, and second you need Deep Gnome wizard iconic unlocked on it.

Now what you are going to do is make Deep Gnome Iconic wizards on that alt account to party with your naked main account. There is a 3 level span before power leveling penalties in heroics, and none in epics so we will make level 6, 9 (Ball Lightning), 12 (T5 PM), and 15, 18 (sentient bonecrusher) and 30 iconic Deep Gnome wizards on the alt account. Nuking is OP in heroics, so we will make the heroic DG wizards nukers, and THF melee is OP in legendary, so we will make the 30 iconic DG wizard a THF T5 EK/C6 PM melee. We could make our level 6 a sorc or a 2 rogue 4 bard swash SDK with Sky Pirates/Flotsam/chainsx2 as an alternative since melee is good in the first few heroic levels.

We will level our main to level 3, then party with the level 6 Alt. The 6 Alt Wizard ill fireball and acid blast a reaper dungeon down except the boss, then alt tab out with death aura running to stay alive while we run our main to the quest. Death Auras on the Alt Wizard will let it alt-tab out and survive while you run your main to the dungeon. Once our main zones in, the 5 Alt Wizard will complete the quest by finishing boss off. Our main then goes back and sits in town until the next dungeon is prepped so the XP potion doesn't get used up.

The 6 Alt Wizard never takes a level, never regears, and always stays level 6 forever. Our main levels, never gears since it never fights, and only has a master's gift augment item and stack of invis scrolls to UMD to go through explorer zones.

When our main hits level 6, we hand it off to the level 9 Alt Wizard, at 9 gets handed off to the 12 wizard, and at 12 gets handed off to the 15 sharn geared wizard, and at 15 to the 18 wizard with a sentient bonecrusher staff. When we hit 20 on our main, we hand it to the level 30 Alt Wizard.

By completing dungeons in <1 minute on our main, we can make a 6 hour 50% xp potion last more than 360 quests, or 6-10 past lives, and more favor than it required to buy the potion in the first place so we can 50% XP potion indefinitely while still gaining DDO points.

We can skip epic quests unless we need Tokens of the Twelve (where we can pass additional ones with Alt Wizard) and level in legendary reaper quests in legendary (where reaper xp is doubled).

We never have to regear or rebuild anything, ever, and we are always making first time bonus reaper xp per quest. Oh, and we don't even need to own epic destinies on our main account.

Since we are leveling quickly, we will simply skip all longer dungeons which accrue time penalties for late entry, and the 50% xp potion and first time bonus means we will have tons of extra XP to do so.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-19-2021 at 01:39 AM.

I suppose, as long as you can keep your quest times under 10 minutes. Might be a challenge over 30 levels.

That's a lot of time and/or money to invest in an alt account.
    Those are not pebbles surrounding the urn filled with Human teeth. They are megaliths!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antheal View Post
    That's a lot of time and/or money to invest in an alt account.
    Maybe, but it is going to save a lot of time and money for your main to always be under a 50% xp pot and to complete 360+ quests on one of them, especially when you hit 20 and don't have an ED as per U51 but instead level as a full-powered level 30 wizard.

It also eliminates gear tetris hell, gear muling, and cost of sentient toolkits and jewelers toolkits.

After your wizards are established, it also eliminates item farming on your main. During past lives, your alt account can pass key items you want to mule on your main account. Your main will never need barbarian gear for barbarian past lives, for example.

Since the alt wizards stay at level and play in the same level bracket as they are, they will build themselves up over time. They will also be able to open elite for any mules you want House K and Coin Lord favor for bank space on, and any character or alt on your main account.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-13-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    After your wizards are established
    I'll be honest, I have doubts whether a Wizard with the limited SP pool and less than optimal SLAs would be capable of soloing enough R1 quests in < 10 minutes (less for landscape quests) to level an alt to 20.

I am thinking Warlock or Sorc would be better suited?

Is Wizard just because easier to setup initially from Iconic XP?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    I'll be honest, I have doubts whether a Wizard with the limited SP pool and less than optimal SLAs would be capable of soloing enough R1 quests in < 10 minutes (less for landscape quests) to level an alt to 20.

I am thinking Warlock or Sorc would be better suited?

Is Wizard just because easier to setup initially from Iconic XP?
    I want the death auras, but an undead ES warlock would also work 12+. Want to alt-tab out mid boss fight to run main to dungeons.

PM wizards have a really solid SLA with Necrotic Blast 1d6+5, max caster level of 20, boosted by illusory death and arcane augmentation items. As well as earlier access to fireball, ball lightning, DBF, and Meteor. Or you could just mass suggestion it all and run past everything.

Warlock or Sorc might be better suited. Hmm. Would have to do entire boss fight while potion ticks down. That may work even better overall though.

The iconic has AoE helpless color spray which is really powerful, and is straight up a better version of wizard in all ways. Sorc and warlock don't have that.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-13-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Community Member

You can have the main step into the quest and log out while your alt is clearing the dungeon. Then just log back in before completion.

The game is certainly more fun in epics when you can swap accounts and focus on LR+ content, and it's certainly most efficient to level up while getting first time Rxp at the same time.

I want the death auras, but an undead ES warlock would also work 12+. Want to alt-tab out mid boss fight to run main to dungeons.

PM wizards have a really solid SLA with Necrotic Blast 1d6+5, max caster level of 20, boosted by illusory death and arcane augmentation items. As well as earlier access to fireball, ball lightning, DBF, and Meteor. Or you could just mass suggestion it all and run past everything.

Warlock or Sorc might be better suited. Hmm. Would have to do entire boss fight while potion ticks down. That may work even better overall though.

The iconic has AoE helpless color spray which is really powerful, and is straight up a better version of wizard in all ways. Sorc and warlock don't have that.
    I am thinking the 9+ Wizard(s) will work better than the lvl 5 one who only has lesser aura, no necrotic blast, etc. I actually tried this (not a Wizard expert by any stretch) and found myself pretty squishy in R1 Catacombs.

I really like the concept tho, and will continue to try it out. Today I am dual-boxing two TRs at once which I find tedious, nor can I group occasionally without one char getting ahead of the other.
    Last edited by GeneralDiomedes; 09-13-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Community Member

I think for just getting RXP and class/iconic/epic lives, you can use a level 18 wizard alt, with a sentient level 18 bonecrusher. Iconics start at 15, so no overlevel penalty to level off an 18 wizard.

Will need to think on lvl 5 then.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-13-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Community Member

What everyone should get from this thread join Tilo's lfms, pike at the entrance, and profit!! Seriously just join all his reaper trains its always a good time.

Community Member

This sounds amazingly pointless and boring.

So the OP advocates never actually playing with their main or with varied builds, just a continuous cycle of using the same 5 deep gnome characters doing the same quests over and over and piking their "main" - to what end? Is that actually fun?

Is piking (even with your "main" piking off your "alt") really all this game is about for some players?

Or is this a parody?
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Community Member

boosted by illusory death and arcane augmentation items
    IIRC these don't stack; only one of them applies, and it's not necessarily the highest bonus.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    Or is this a parody?
    It's a multipurpose thing. A guide I can link for those that find elite too hard but won't farm gear, but still insist on playing elite for max rewards. A last resort if the EDpocalypse hits. A thought experiment on taking SSG's recent gear nerfs and future ED nerfs further. A guide for newer solo players on how to break through the EE barrier. A common thread is that newer players find EH boring, but EE too difficult. This breaks through EE for them, opening up non-boring dungeons and difficulties.

You can play your main whenever you want. If there is a group up, and you want to join it, you can join it and play. But if there isn't a group up you want to join, or you don't want to play whatever class past live you are currently on, or you don't have gear, or you simply want double end chest drops, no worries.

This keeps your options open. If at any time for any reason you want a change from your main's life, or if you just want doubled chest drops, you can just bring in a wizard. You don't have to, but you always can. You can also use the wizard to rescue your main when if you challenge yourself and splat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    Seriously just join all his reaper trains its always a good time.
    Strength wizards have high carrying capacity!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-14-2021 at 01:21 AM.

Dual boxing

I mentioned dual boxing

Did you run with that?

I consider dual boxing a joke an an affront
    I don’t run with ppl doing it
    Kil Glory
    30 alchemist
    HOW
    Sarlona

What's amazing about DDO and life in general, is that you have free will. If you want to group with just your main and not DBX (which I also find offensive in groups, but I do it solo) then you have that choice.

Community Member

What if we changed the level 5 to a melee? 2 rogue 3 cleric would have traps/evasion divine might, SDK chains, and cure light and moderate with a Sky Pirates for fleshies/Flotsam for undead on a Feywild set?

Disruption on Flotsam + chains will rip apart undead at early levels.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-16-2021 at 01:03 AM.

Community Member

Why not simply a barb fighter with 4 cleaves. Add rogue or helf dilettante for one more.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Why not simply a barb fighter with 4 cleaves. Add rogue or helf dilettante for one more.
    SDK chains have a larger AoE, and more crit profile? 1 Rogue 4 Arti would let us use a runearm.

What if we changed the level 5 to a melee? 2 rogue 3 cleric would have traps/evasion divine might, SDK chains, and cure light and moderate with a Sky Pirates for fleshies/Flotsam for undead on a Feywild set?

Disruption on Flotsam + chains will rip apart undead at early levels.
    I had an Inquisitive TR rogue/arti/fighter that I am keeping at 5 for this, works for me. Actually Inquisitive works for all levels for me, as I am quite experienced with the playstyle.

I went with a 1 Arti/8 Wiz iconic gnome inquisitive/PM/harper for my level 9. Main issue is lack of burst heals when I get caught by a Reaper (and the hireling doesn't come through) but otherwise good for R1s. Combo of nuking and ranged works for a variety of situations. Will get better with a few more reaper points and more HP and then maybe R2s for subsequent TRs.

Thinking about the level split - level 9 is hard because level 10 gets you all the Ravenloft gear.

Community Member

If we wanted to use other breakpoints, we could do 18 (sentient bonecrusher), 15 Sharn, 12 (T5 PM Necrotic Blast), 9 Ball Lightning, and 6 (Sorc?) or 5 melee? and just start dual boxing at 3.

I think the SDK will work best at 5, because its designed for higher power epic dungeons. So using it to go through low heroics should be very smooth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast