Default 18/1/1 TWF Absolute DPS Gear Tetris

Looking to squeeze out as much DPS as possible from this build.

I'm aware of the need for survivability, and this will be considered after the achieving the highest DPS this build can output.

What setup would allow this build to achieve it's maximum potential in terms of DPS. (Setups including Gear setups & Filligrees). I have access to almost any piece of gear. Including Nebula fragments to craft Perfected items.

Main Hand : Bitter Edge
    Off Hand : Soulrazor

I will give some ideas.

I would at least use Fellblade not only because it's the best DPS option but also because it provides valuable effects: doublestrike and piercing.

Then you have some hard BiS options:

- red dragon armor
    - ring of prowess
    - titania's
    - belt of ram

For the set bonuses, there are very few options for doublestrike, namely suulo, 7 piece summer and (soon) windlashers ferocity. I wont go into 7 piece summer as I don't think it's doable.

If you choose suulo, you're left with two options for insightful doublestrike: necklace and gloves. If you choose gloves, it becomes a pita to get artifact melee power. So you're probably looking at:
    - suulo bracers/trinket
    - tinker goggles/gloves
    - creeping death necklace

In the remaining slots (boots/cloak/ring 2) you have to find an artifact and hamp/seeker/fortification/defenses. This part is up to you; it will be hard to fit a perfected artifact AND full PRR bonuses.

If you wait for windlasher's ferocity, 3 piece summer seems to be the way to go. I would do something like:
    - summer bracers
    - windlashers boots/cloak

This leaves more space to move things around (trinket/goggles/necklace/ring2/gloves), where you have to find an artifact and deception/hamp/seeker/fortification/defenses. This part is even more up to you. Some candidates:
    - battleworn medal
    - gem of many facets (red dragon)
    - sight of the sleepwalker
    - collective sight
    - fabricator's gauntlets
    - band of insightful commands
    - slaver's crafting

I've put more time than I'd like to admit toying with these things, but it's been a fun challenge. I would love to see what others have came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by WarDestroyer View Post
    I will give some ideas.

I would at least use Fellblade not only because it's the best DPS option but also because it provides valuable effects: doublestrike and piercing.

Then you have some hard BiS options:

- red dragon armor
    - ring of prowess
    - titania's
    - belt of ram

For the set bonuses, there are very few options for doublestrike, namely suulo, 7 piece summer and (soon) windlashers ferocity. I wont go into 7 piece summer as I don't think it's doable.

If you choose suulo, you're left with two options for insightful doublestrike: necklace and gloves. If you choose gloves, it becomes a pita to get artifact melee power. So you're probably looking at:
    - suulo bracers/trinket
    - tinker goggles/gloves
    - creeping death necklace

In the remaining slots (boots/cloak/ring 2) you have to find an artifact and hamp/seeker/fortification/defenses. This part is up to you; it will be hard to fit a perfected artifact AND full PRR bonuses.

If you wait for windlasher's ferocity, 3 piece summer seems to be the way to go. I would do something like:
    - summer bracers
    - windlashers boots/cloak

This leaves more space to move things around (trinket/goggles/necklace/ring2/gloves), where you have to find an artifact and deception/hamp/seeker/fortification/defenses. This part is even more up to you. Some candidates:
    - battleworn medal
    - gem of many facets (red dragon)
    - sight of the sleepwalker
    - collective sight
    - fabricator's gauntlets
    - band of insightful commands
    - slaver's crafting

I've put more time than I'd like to admit toying with these things, but it's been a fun challenge. I would love to see what others have came up with.
    Thanks a lot for your input. I was thinking about something like the below.

The only way I could possibly see this working with making up for the melee power loss from Titania is to :

Make Perfected Red Dragon Helm (4 Filigree slots) + 10th Filigree Slot on Sentient weapon with Spark of Logic from Saltmarsh = 14 Filigree slots
    - Prowess : Rare (5)
    - Suckerpunch / One against many : Rare (2)
    - Treachery : Rare (2)
    - Dreadbringer : Rare (2)
    - Shattered Device : Rare (3)

About 63 Melee Power from the above. You'll always get 10 Extra if you equip the Titania, but then you would have to choose a different Perfected Item which also means you don't get Red Dragon Set bonus (+15 Melee power that you lose from removing your 7th Summer Item Titania)
    So in this case, it will be 63 MP + Red Dragon setup for dripping with Magma.

My draft layout was something like this :

Perfected Red Dragon Helm (4 Filigree Slots)
    Legendary Red Dragon Armor
    ----
    +15 Artifact bonus to Melee Power and Ranged Power
    +30 Artifact bonus to Physical Resistance Rating
    ----

Legendary Tharnes Goggles
    ----

Legendary Ring of Prowess
    ----

Legendary Subtle Sound
    ----

Legendary Lionheart Ring
    Legendary Belt of the Ram
    Legendary Cloak of Summer
    Legendary Red Dragonscale Boots
    Legendary Vambracers of summer sourt
    Legendary Necklace of Bottled Sunlight
    ----
    +25 Artifact bonus to Magical Resistance Rating
    +25% Artifact bonus do Fortification Bypass
    +5 Artifact bonus to your Tactical Abilities
    +15% Artifact bonus to damage versus the Helpless
    +15% Artifact bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot
    ----

Legendary Hammerfist ***Or a Cannith Crafted for the Missing stats to complete (Armor piercing, since using Soulrazor...but I guess can swap to Fellblade although the base dmg on it is worse that soulrazor, and I can craft armor piercing on gloves)***
    ----

Community Member

I dont normally post concrete advice on boards, but here's a setup for you:

Goggles: Legendary Tinkerers Goggles (quickblade)(globe of true imp blood)
    Helm: Titania's Glory (quickblade)
    Neck: Perfected Twisted Talisman (quickblade)(insightful con)(sheltering) {prowess mp, shattered mp, dual str, longshadow mp}
    Trinket: Epic Litany (perfect silence)(deathblock or xtra boost)
    Cloak: Summer Cloak/THTH Cloak pending r/m bonuses (perfect silence)(strength thth cloak)
    Belt: Direwolf Belt (dusk raider)
    Gloves: Legendary Hammerfist (perfect silence)
    Boots: Legendary Knife Toed (dusk raider)
    Bracers: Bloodbark Bracers (dusk raider)
    Ring: Legendary Ring of Prowess (truthful blow)
    Ring: Legendary Band of Insightful Commands (truthful blow)
    Armor: Red Dragon Armor (truthful blow)(fortification)
    Main: Fellblade (4 prowess/3 shattered/dual str/longshadow/sucker punch mp)
    Offhand: Soulrazor/Wicked Blade
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by commando4290 View Post

The only way I could possibly see this working with making up for the melee power loss from Titania is to :

----
    I really don't think it's worth it: if you "make up" for it, you can actually fit in 10 more MP. But your gear gave me some ideas I thought about last night, here is what I came up with:

tharne's goggles
    tharne's bracers
    - artifact doublestrike/sneak

titania's glory
    belt of the ram
    lionheart ring
    - artifact MRR/piercing

red dragon armor
    gem of many facets - red scale set
    - artifact PRR/MP

perfected charged gauntlets
    ring of prowess
    pendant of the warrior's focus
    legendary shackles
    silver dragonscale capelet

slot or swap trance stats
    craft doublestrike/fortification/insightful seeker on gem
    craft sheltering/seeker/XXX/quality PPRR on shackles
    cloaks rotate freely to phiarlan/jeweled cloaks

MISSING: ins/qual deception, ins seeker, ins/profane doublestrike

equipment provides piercing/doublestrike so that it doesn't rely on Fellblade

PS: either way I've heard that Dripping with Magma is getting nerfed soon, and that makes me sorely disappointed for the many hours doing gear tetris and von runs
    Last edited by WarDestroyer; 09-13-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarDestroyer View Post
    I really don't think it's worth it: if you "make up" for it, you can actually fit in 10 more MP. But your gear gave me some ideas I thought about last night, here is what I came up with:

tharne's goggles
    tharne's bracers
    - artifact doublestrike/sneak

titania's glory
    belt of the ram
    lionheart ring
    - artifact MRR/piercing

red dragon armor
    gem of many facets - red scale set
    - artifact PRR/MP

perfected charged gauntlets
    ring of prowess
    pendant of the warrior's focus
    legendary shackles
    silver dragonscale capelet

slot or swap trance stats
    craft doublestrike/fortification/insightful seeker on gem
    craft sheltering/seeker/XXX/quality PPRR on shackles
    cloaks rotate freely to phiarlan/jeweled cloaks

MISSING: ins/qual deception, ins seeker, ins/profane doublestrike

equipment provides piercing/doublestrike so that it doesn't rely on Fellblade

PS: either way I've heard that Dripping with Magma is getting nerfed soon, and that makes me sorely disappointed for the many hours doing gear tetris and von runs
    If they nerf it, then I guess can go for another armor. I really like what Teth posted above. I believe the augment sets are the way to go to be honest.

I came up with this setup after playing Tetris for my DEX based TWF 18 Ranger / 1 Rouge / 1 Barbarian:

Sharn / VoD / Feywild Sets: (17 Augments)
    -Helm: -> Summer - Legendary Crown of Fireflies: Healing Lore +21%, Devotion +142, I Resistance +4, I Magical Sheltering +16, Green (Essence colorless Profane ALL +2)
    -Necklace: -> Family - Legendary Family Recruit Sigil: True Seeing, Armor Piercing 20, Deadly 10, Relentless Fury, Yellow (Topaz of Feather Falling)
    -Eyes: -> Tharne - Legendary Tharne's Goggles: True Seeing, Deception +11, Enhanced Ghostly, Diversion +21, Yellow, Blue (Topaz of Deathblock, Saphire of Shelter +32)
    -Trinket: -> Mist - Echo of Ravenkind: Constitution 13, Eternal Holy Burst, True Seeing, I Deception, Yellow, Green (Globe Exeptional ALL +1, Draconic 30 E Resistance)
    -Armor: -> Family - Legendary Wildcard: Fortification 142, Physical Shelter 33, HAMP 53, HP 50, Green (Saphire of Armored Agility +2)
    -Cape: -> Summer - Legendary Cloak of Summer: Fire Absorption 34%, Strength +13, I Strength +6, Doublestrike 15%, Green (Saphire of Dodge +12)
    -Bracers: -> Tharne - Legendary Tharne's Bracers: Dexterity +13, Armor Bonus +13, Parrying +6, Protection +11, Blue, Green (Diamont I DEX +5, Diamont of Festve DEX +2)
    -Belt: -> Winter - Legendary Direbear Belt: I Sheltering +17, Rough Hide +5, Natural Armor +13, Roar, Green (Golems Heart)
    -Ring1: -> Artifact - Radiant Ring of Taer Valaestas: Wisdom 14, Q Accuracy 5, Q Deadly 3, Law Absorption 23, Green, Yellow, Blue (Diamont I WIS +5, Diamont of Festve WIS +2, Diamont of Spot +19)
    -> Artifact - The Bloodsigil Ring: Intelligence +14, Q Combat Mastery +3, Q Deception +3, Q Deadly +5, Blue, Green, Yellow (Diamont of I INT +5, Diamont of Festve INT +2, Diamont of Search +19)
    -Ring2: -> Slavers - Ring: intelligence 13, Accuracy 20, Tendon Slice 10, Q DEX 3, Green (Saphire of Resistance +10)
    -Boots: -> Winter - Legendary Deepsnow Boots: I Constitution +6, Q Constitution +3, Freedom of Movement, F Save +10, Green (Topaz of Fear Immunity)
    -Gloves: -> Family - Legendary Hammerfist: I Doublestrike 6, CC Infusion, Seeker 13, I Deadly 4, Blue (Saphire of Good Luck +2)

Set bonuses:
    Legendary Part of the Family: (3 Pieces Equipped)
    +15% Artifact bonus to Doublestrike, +15 Artifact bonus to Melee Power, +15% Artifact bonus to damage vs the Helpless, +30% Artifact bonus to Fortification Bypass
    Legacy of Tharne: (2 Pieces Equipped)
    +15% Artifact bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot, +3 Sneak Attack Dice, +5 Artifact bonus to Spot and Search
    Eminence of Summer: (2 Pieces Equipped)
    +30 Artifact bonus to Magical Resistance Rating
    Eminence of Winter: (2 Pieces Equipped)
    +30 Artifact bonus to Physical Resistance Rating

Need to see what the Legendary/Perfected crafting will bring...
    Argonessen - Guild: "Married with Children" / Clagor Dan - Elf - Tempest (18 Ranger / 1 Barbarian / 1 Rogue) / Glagor Dan - Drow - Pale Master (18 Wizard / 2 Rogue)

Community Member drunkbarbarian's Avatar

This may be a dumb idea, and its a pita to complete.

What if you swapped Red Dragon armor in Teth's setup for upgraded ToEE armor and replace off hand weapon with upgraded ToEE weapon?

That item set gets you +20 quality melee power, and if you want to grind a mythic +4 bonus for each. But not sure about the dps loss from weapon and dripping w magma proc.

Anyway, Good Luck!
    Last edited by drunkbarbarian; 09-13-2021 at 03:28 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by drunkbarbarian View Post
    This may be a dumb idea, and its a pita to complete.

What if you swapped Red Dragon armor in Teth's setup for upgraded ToEE armor and replace off hand weapon with upgraded ToEE weapon?

That item set gets you +20 quality melee power, and if you want to grind a mythic +4 bonus for each. But not sure about the dps loss from weapon and dripping w magma proc.

Anyway, Good Luck!
    Youd think it would be valid, but you just lose so much power in the offhand and loss of magma proc for a twf. 20 mp on a build already pushing low to mid 400's (pending m/r gear) isnt a very huge boost. Once the armor is nerfed or gutted into oblivion the shadow armor will return more than likely for the 3% double or 2d6 sneak
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.