Default Hey Devs: Bastard Sword as Favored Weapon

Hey Devs,
    At some point can we get a way to buy BastardSword as a favored weapon? Ideally someplace in the Vanguard Tree? KotC gives GSword and LSword, so the code exists.

It makes no sense that there's an entire Enhancement tree that synthesizes around BSword and the only way to pick up Bastard Sword as a FW is PDK, DeepGnome, SDK or Scourge, none of which can work as a pally without spending a heart. Thanks.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kodwraith View Post
    Hey Devs,
    At some point can we get a way to buy BastardSword as a favored weapon? Ideally someplace in the Vanguard Tree? KotC gives GSword and LSword, so the code exists.
    A few months back following the KoTC pass, the devs said they were aware of the interest in BSword as favored weapon, but it couldn't be done at that point. They said they would look into it for a future release.

But all is not lost! If you own Purple Dragon Might, Deep Gnome, Shadar-kai, or Aasimar Scourge and select Helm for your deity, you can have BSword as a favored weapon. PDK in particular is a good choice because of Cormyrean Knight Training.
    "The imagination is not … the faculty for forming images of reality; it is the faculty for forming images which go beyond reality..." - Gaston Bachelard

Quote Originally Posted by SocratesBastardSon View Post
    A few months back following the KoTC pass, the devs said they were aware of the interest in BSword as favored weapon, but it couldn't be done at that point. They said they would look into it for a future release.

But all is not lost! If you own Purple Dragon Might, Deep Gnome, Shadar-kai, or Aasimar Scourge and select Helm for your deity, you can have BSword as a favored weapon. PDK in particular is a good choice because of Cormyrean Knight Training.
    Yeah, I'm aware of Helm as a deity option as stated in the OP, all of those require a +1 heart for a pure pally build. I need a bunch of racial lives and was trying to figure out how to do it as a pally vanguard using a non-iconic generic race. No luck. I can roll a Lsword/Shield build, but this isnt as great because you only get the Shield Mastery chain, not the TWF + shield mastery chain.

In the ED revamp preview, there was an option that allowed you to "switch religions" in the PAlly ED tree. I'm hoping that makes it into the Vanguard tree someplace so you could use a BSword in heroics.

There are also not any "Favored Weapons" named items that are also Bastard Swords (ala Dynastic Falcata). A quick(er) fix would be to add one.
    Kodraith / Xanxibar / Xinibar / Lensgrinder :: Lava Divers of Khyber :: I'm a monk. I hit things; it's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by SocratesBastardSon View Post

If only the PDK looked like someting that wasn't horrible I know I'd play PDK as my Pure Pally. But I just can't bring myself to play a character model that looks that bad....

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    If only the PDK looked like someting that wasn't horrible I know I'd play PDK as my Pure Pally. But I just can't bring myself to play a character model that looks that bad....
    Same here. Only Warforged looks more ugly in my eyes ...
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"