Community Member

Default How Do I Buy An Expansiont For A Friend?

I understand that in the past one would receive a code via email. This is no loner the case when buying expansions. I have a friend that lives outside of the US and their cost of living is very different than our own, ergo it is a lot more expensive for them to purchase expansions than it is for someone living in the west.

So, how would I buy them Sharn or something similar? What is the process involved?

Please help me. I've made a friend in DDO and I would like to surprise them with a gift I know they'll love.

TIA.

PS: I realize this may have been asked before. I didn't find the question, let alone the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornelius View Post
    I understand that in the past one would receive a code via email. This is no loner the case when buying expansions. I have a friend that lives outside of the US and their cost of living is very different than our own, ergo it is a lot more expensive for them to purchase expansions than it is for someone living in the west.

So, how would I buy them Sharn or something similar? What is the process involved?

Please help me. I've made a friend in DDO and I would like to surprise them with a gift I know they'll love.

TIA.

PS: I realize this may have been asked before. I didn't find the question, let alone the answer.
    you cant anymore.

you used to be able to, but they changed for unknown reasons.

you are right, the "old" ddo market used to send a code, the "new" market applies the purchase directly on the account logged in while buying. it was changed like this at feywild expansion launch.

so i'm sorry but no, you can't gift expansion, nor vip time (vip time is not even in the market anymore, just in-game store). nothing. the issue was instantly raised by the players but it is still impossible and it is unclear if or how or when this will be possible.
    storage solution suggestion: Collection

omni-cosmetic system suggestion: Arbiter d'Phiarlan, the Weaver of Guises