Community Member

Default Salt Marsh epic level dropping level 3 loot

I think there's a patch due in the near future.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I can live with that for today, hopefully there's nothing too buggy that necessitates them bringing the game down this evening. I planned my evening around playing the new quests. Is it also dropping level 30 stuff or are the loot tables completely borked?

Community Member

are we sure this isn't one of those things where you have to use the new materials to upgrade it with the new s/s/s revamp? i know saltmarsh wasn't s/s/s, but the epic/legendary versions require mats from saltmarsh, so...

Systems Designer

This intended. Saltmarsh is the 8th pack to join the newly revamped Epic/Legendary Crafting flow, and requires you to upgrade your items to level 20 and then level 30 via the Altar of Epic/Legendary Rituals, just like the other 7 Epic/Legendary Crafting packs. Kind of like how the Epic Vault of Night drops heroic-level stuff.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

"Have you tried preproccing feat directory?"

I believe they said this is upgrade loot, like the old s/s/s stuff was. It just uses the new system of "1 mat to rule them all" instead. So this is wai.

Edit: Looks like Lynnabel beat me by seconds.
    Last edited by yhelm123; 08-04-2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Vren - Kreena - and many others

Community Member

Not opposed to this at all. It could be fun.

But what about the extra kickers like mythic and reaper bonuses? Do these carry over as you upgrade the item? I know items are destroyed and re-created in a lot of these processes etc.

I missed the information on this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    Not opposed to this at all. It could be fun.

But what about the extra kickers like mythic and reaper bonuses? Do these carry over as you upgrade the item? I know items are destroyed and re-created in a lot of these processes etc.

I missed the information on this.
    As with any upgrade crafting like this the old item is destroyed and you are given a new upgraded item. The mythic and reaper bonuses do not carry over. Neither do augments or sentient jewels.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AustrianDeathMachine View Post
    As with any upgrade crafting like this the old item is destroyed and you are given a new upgraded item. The mythic and reaper bonuses do not carry over. Neither do augments or sentient jewels.
    That's a bummer man. We need ways to apply mythic and reaper on stuff even if it involves a not insignificant non-raid grind.

Community Member

So, I am guessing that you need to have purchased Saltmarsh to get access to the revamped s/s/s crafting system?

Just ran Epic Jungle of Khyber and dropped a Seal of the Cloak of the Silver Concord - release notes made it sound like they wouldn't drop anymore and would be replaced by these "parts", whatever they may be. I guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    We are fixing this bug by deleting this ability from the game

Quote Originally Posted by RockHeavy View Post
    So, I am guessing that you need to have purchased Saltmarsh to get access to the revamped s/s/s crafting system?

Just ran Epic Jungle of Khyber and dropped a Seal of the Cloak of the Silver Concord - release notes made it sound like they wouldn't drop anymore and would be replaced by these "parts", whatever they may be. I guess not.
    You don't need the expansion to use the S/S/S stuff. I was able to turn in all my stuff for the new 'Pack Items' and then create a new Epic Version of something. Was not able to do the Legendary as you need the ingredient from Saltmarsh however.

As for the seal dropping, yeah, I would have guessed that they were taken out and we would just get Pack Items. At least you can still convert it to said items.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Community Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This intended. Saltmarsh is the 8th pack to join the newly revamped Epic/Legendary Crafting flow, and requires you to upgrade your items to level 20 and then level 30 via the Altar of Epic/Legendary Rituals, just like the other 7 Epic/Legendary Crafting packs. Kind of like how the Epic Vault of Night drops heroic-level stuff.
    thanks for the insights

Community Member

urgh, this loot is a convoluted mess. What a headache.

I like the upgrade concept - those unlimited sparks aren't looking so hot though.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I like the upgrade concept - those unlimited sparks aren't looking so hot though.
    especially if you're only getting level 3 loot to feed them........ Before long this will be avoided as a total wate of time to quest through by many