Community Member

Default Saw a complaint about the nerf of DPS casters

Read the Lammania stuff, saw a couple videos on Youtube.

A few people out there were crying about DPS casters getting the nerf stick and tbh.. I don't see what they are crying about. Sure the general dropping on stat items and prr/mrr items might cause a bit of an issue, but are they game killers?

Personally, I think that people are waving the "DooOOOOM" stick again.. am I right or did I miss something?

You missed something. The stated goal of u50 is a stat squish (of both endgame gear and monsters) where the end result should be the same relative performance as pre-u50 which is why there's lot of posts/discord chatter about kill speed/dps casting/heal & heal amp issues/tank & non-tank survivability/etc. So all the posts about nerfs/not being up to par aren't about "doooooommmmm" (well except for the doomsayers and they'll say the same things no matter what); it's about giving lots of feedback so when u50 launches the devs get things are close as possible balance-wise. They got closer to getting things right with preview 2, have acknowledged things that need to be fixed more, and hopefully preview 3/live will be fairly close to how we play now; it won't be perfect, but the hopefully good enough.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    You missed something. The stated goal of u50 is a stat squish (of both endgame gear and monsters) where the end result should be the same relative performance as pre-u50 which is why there's lot of posts/discord chatter about kill speed/dps casting/heal & heal amp issues/tank & non-tank survivability/etc. So all the posts about nerfs/not being up to par aren't about "doooooommmmm" (well except for the doomsayers and they'll say the same things no matter what); it's about giving lots of feedback so when u50 launches the devs get things are close as possible balance-wise. They got closer to getting things right with preview 2, have acknowledged things that need to be fixed more, and hopefully preview 3/live will be fairly close to how we play now; it won't be perfect, but the hopefully good enough.
    cool.. yeah thought the stat chgs were no biggee, good to hear that that is the general consensus.

Since I won't have time to lvl Xoe again I'll just keep her as a Zombie 2 hander for a while

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Players care about power.
    Any thing that reduces their power is heavily battled against.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Well Update 51..

Gotta say folkes.. I was wrong.. definitely a nerf for the build I was running. LOL..

I can see where many folkes will be happy with Magus but for me it doesn't work for me and how I want to play the game.

But.. I have a new question..

Draconic Rage.. the new tier 2 ability in the tree..

Draconic Rage: You may now cast spells while Raging.

Does this enhancement work for barbs and clickies? If so I might have to dump points there.. ty for answering in advance

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Players care about power.
    Any thing that reduces their power is heavily battled against.
    It's not just power, some of us just hate change.

Community Member

ok.. so..

Draconic Feat allows my barbarian to use Mass Heal, and other caster spell clickies while raging, haven't tested scrolls yet but will shortly.. I do like this change